How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

2 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think we will become good friends: https://screenrec.com/share/B7LmHF5px1

But now I want the rest of the sentence!

It's funny...I didn't know ScreenRec would pick up voice in SL till I posted that.  Early on it picked up the music playing on the land settings...and then stopped...and it now says sound isn't available on their captures (or said that a few weeks ago anyway).  One day I shall have to investigate machinima more...I would like the land music playing (but without the cost of upgrading as it appears Gyazo requires).

I feel a new thread coming on.....Deep Discussions In SL. We could all post some of our favs..  :)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel a new thread coming on.....Deep Discussions In SL. We could all post some of our favs..  :)

That sounds like an interesting change from the normal shallow discussions about avatar bodies, heads, clothing, houses, decorating, etc.  I wonder if it would have anything to do with Second Life? For example, "If we were to die online, does our avatar keep going with our consciousness until we are logged off?" "Do Alts have a soul? Do Furries? Do Tinies?" 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I feel a new thread coming on.....Deep Discussions In SL. We could all post some of our favs.. 

Careful with TOS and posting private conversations whether they are deep or not.  Best to just post local chat with everyone's permission.

Yes, I'd have to think about how to structure that. I contacted my friend for permission after I saw it actually posted our voices!  She was not identified by name, but still her avatar was there and her voice.

If I did such a thing in the future (posted a brief snip of a voice discussion in SL via screen capture) I would ask for permission from everyone involved in the chat, and make sure no names were visible as well.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That sounds like an interesting change from the normal shallow discussions about avatar bodies, heads, clothing, houses, decorating, etc.  I wonder if it would have anything to do with Second Life? For example, "If we were to die online, does our avatar keep going with our consciousness until we are logged off?" "Do Alts have a soul? Do Furries? Do Tinies?" 

Well it's interesting as what I was discussing with my friend in that snippet was the structure of human consciousness as applied to SL (the higher self mention was part of it).  Our consciousness is the same whether we are in RL or SL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After playing around with lights, and pondering the meaning of mah duck lipz, I decided to take a look around my neighborhood.

Snapshot_244.thumb.jpg.381f39ec275b5d6484b65996b20a7c49.jpg

I love mah yard, so many trees and flowers and grass, and ..

Snapshot_241.thumb.png.c672f9d73d6807298ec84ac1da378e50.png

What is this?¿?

Snapshot_243.thumb.png.ca175212219c3ddd6fb09e39ac209f7e.png

Someone has been torturing prims!  In mah neighborhood!  It kind of looks neat though, it would be cool if it flickered like a flame and had other colors.  I likes it, I wants it!  I can't has it though, so onward!

Snapshot_246.thumb.jpg.7b09c75e65a9970b91b755063b5cd786.jpg

It has been a while since I have been exploring around in SL, this I think is mostly new.  It is really well put together, I like my new neighbors even though I have not met them yet.  Okay, I'm off to explore a little more, have fun everyone 🥰

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Careful with TOS and posting private conversations whether they are deep or not.  Best to just post local chat with everyone's permission.

I'm not the most private person in the world, but even I would would be upset at deep personal conversations being publicly shared. Some things really ARE meant to be only between the people involved.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

would perhaps make the fun even better ...  now she's only on ignore, could lift that perhaps after this new subject.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

On 11/25/2023 at 8:00 PM, gwynchisholm said:

...black dragon for example sees it as an intel igpu and disables a bunch of options outright which is nonsense.

Hey good thing you remind me. Since intel has finally managed to catch up and their latest GPU's were finally capable of compiling the shaders required to run Deferred Rendering (which is now completely obsolete since PBR gets rid of any pre-Deferred and forced me to revert to LL's shaders which run fine on Intel) i can finally get rid of those limitations (until i reimplement my rendering changes and Intel refuses to work again.

It also wasn't nonsense, it was only logical to disable Deferred (and thus 99% of the Viewer's rendering features) because it simply wouldn't work on Intel (until their latest GPU's) due to unknown shader compiling errors on Intel GPU's only. Leaving these options enabled confused users because they thought these options were working (because they were ticked) but in reality they weren't. Users couldn't tell the difference because there was none, it was simply not working leaving users to believe everything was fine, they would then turn up to me complaining that they can't see shadows, depth of field, materials and so on and with bad indoor shots and super jpeg compression it was hard to tell if Deferred was even enabled.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:13 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me tucks the photo into a folder, and picks up the phone.

"Ms. Mistwood? Hi, it's Scylla Rhiadra from the Daily Blab. . . .

. . . No, no, it's not about the Page 3 Girl, although if you're interested, I can have someone call you. No, I had a few questions I wanted to ask you before we go public with a story . . . just to clarify and get verification or reaction. Do you have a few minutes?"

/me opens her notebook and licks the tip of her pencil.

Stay tuned scandal fans. There WILL be more. Same scandal time, same scandal place...

Pink Highlight Celebrity Gossip Magazine Cover 2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 12