How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

30 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Hanging out in Linden memorial park

Snapshot_937.thumb.png.e2b0359a8204d02c691264d618c17485.png

I like to go here from time to time, even though I don't know anyone who rests here.  There has always been something about cemeteries that has interested me.  I think that it is just how short life is, and contemplating how much I should be appreciating it.  I like to wander around the paths, light candles and place flowers for others.  I also like to read the headstones, and learn about people that are now gone. It is unfortunate that these regions are no longer allowing residents to be remembered here, I am sure there are good reasons for it though.

My partner and I went to a memorial and it was really awe inspiring seeing a place dedicated to those we lost, or who moved on, etc. Very humbling to realize that even our virtual souls are cherished by many, or at least some, or at least one.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

How many were here at the time? I was not. So, like 3 people know about this while the rest of us are trying to have a good time?  

I was just responding to the confused emoji's about why the Island carries so many emotions. Because, as you said, some people, such as yourself, don't know.  It's nice to know that I have such a strong "fanboi hater's club" though.  They'll gnaw at the slightest morcel I drop. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

My partner and I went to a memorial and it was really awe inspiring seeing a place dedicated to those we lost, or who moved on, etc. Very humbling to realize that even our virtual souls are cherished by many, or at least some, or at least one.

I'll often see candles lit for others, so I know there are people that also like to come here from time to time, usually when I get there I am the only one there though.  Sometimes however, I see a small gathering of two or more people, so it is still in use by some of the members that have been here for quite some time to remember their friends.

I think it can be a really serene spot just to wander around, and while the graphics are dated I still find it gorgeous.

Snapshot_939.thumb.png.a8e528e51fa6dcdc318e6abd2a6d45c0.png

There is also one that I like to visit every now and then, it is the Ebbe Memorial 

Snapshot_944.thumb.png.48ea21f22fb67a27e5d7e06d96990701.png

There are a few others scattered in SL, which residents have donated their land to, some offer services to others for free to respect their loved ones. 

I used to do the same thing in an online game, there was a spot in one dedicated to Robin Williams I would like to go to from time to time.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Cinnamon Mistwoodand I visiting the Kondor Art Center. Most of the images were scenic landscapes, but one in particular caught my eye. Human shaped figures with umbrellas in the rain, walking forward, and rising into the sky. We had an extensive discussion about what it could mean. What we both failed to notice, is that the figures appear to be made out of rock. I caught that when I was editing the pic I took of us looking at it. 

Cinnamon at Kondor2.png

Sandor and Cinnamon at the Kondoe Center Umbrella figures2  No lights.png

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

They'll gnaw at the slightest morcel I drop. 

I do believe you mean 'morsel'. Huffs haughtily. 

Heads out into the shed and starts rummaging around. Now where did I put my big 'sarcasm'-sign?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Heads out into the shed and starts rummaging around. Now where did I put my big 'sarcasm'-sign?

/me almost falls over laughing. Yes, I stand down. I misspelled. My exact point though LOL. Except I don't believe you fall into the group I mentioned.  /me holds his ribs

Edited by Bagnu

I'm killing myself laughing. Ok, for clarification. Swallow is one of my female alts. She presided over my wedding with Caitlin. Cat and I wanted Nal, but she didn't think she could make it that day, that early., and we couldn't find another Minister. So, I did it as Swallow. Nal WAS able to make it t though. Lord, we should have put her in the Minister's position anyways, totally unprepared!!!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Time Team may consider (if asked nicely), arranging a couple of trial trenches to see if any evidence remains of what actually went on that far back in SL history.

Forum History? Inworld History? What is Time team? I love peering into the past!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Far, far more than 3 -- many of us just aren't commenting regularly in this particular thread.

This thread didn't exist at the time for anyone to comment in. I created it maybe a year or so ago. 

• Like 2

Yay, the library is done!  It did not require much effort either, the chairs did not come with animations but they were easy enough to add with AVSitter

Snapshot_946.thumb.png.15696f4d51bacdec3a9e886f9391f6fe.png

The dungeon remains empty, but I don't see the need to put anything in there.

I finished putting animations in the bed as well, it is only a few simple ones because I don't plan on using it often.  Li used 332 for everything, phew..  I tells ya, trying to build on a $L budget, keeping the Li low, and all items mod and copy.. it is not an easy task for me.  A lot of you make this look easy!  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thank you. It's the End of World. I found a tribute build to Frank Lloyd Wright (an American Architect) that may work wonderfully with the water theme.

Frank Lloyd Wright, I love his works! I've been to Fallingwater and other houses of him on a trip to the US and I just adore his designs. In RL I have a replica that Cassina made of the Tokyo Imperial sofa that he designed for the Tokyo Imperial hotel, I think in 1922.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Yay, the library is done!  It did not require much effort either, the chairs did not come with animations but they were easy enough to add with AVSitter

Snapshot_946.thumb.png.15696f4d51bacdec3a9e886f9391f6fe.png

The dungeon remains empty, but I don't see the need to put anything in there.

I finished putting animations in the bed as well, it is only a few simple ones because I don't plan on using it often.  Li used 332 for everything, phew..  I tells yeah, trying to build on a $L budget, keeping the Li low, and all items mod and copy.. it is not an easy task for me.  A lot of you make this look easy!  

Looks gorgeous!!! Love it!!!

• Like 3

I am out exploring again, this time I was checking out the destinations and found myself at Hiraya Town and this place is incredibly impressive.

Snapshot_953.thumb.png.6ae082b8260979bfa820393f9aa7df3b.png

There is a ton of detail here, and my viewer is struggling, but it is beautiful.  Right now I am on the subway and trying to let everything load

Snapshot_962.thumb.png.4eed0c7dd3b54122b283ad0b25c4d2cb.png

I don't think my computer has it in it to do the region justice. 

Snapshot_963.thumb.png.93f5fc93d0366a6565f023c612863706.png

I love finding spots like this in SL.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/morcel

- I'm so hungry I'd eat a morcel of a Piece Meal. Let me eat it in peace.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cirleen said:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/morcel

I'm so hungry I'd eat a morcel of a Piece Meal. Let me eat it in peace.

Funny, I always thought it was Peace Meal. As in, let's make peace over this meal. I love learning. Maybe I should open a book. Nah, interface sucks. 

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
needs an editor
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Funny, I always thought it was Peace Meal. As in, let's make peace over this meal. I love learning. Maybe I should open a book, nah. Interface sucks. 

To plug in a mouse, leave the books outdoors overnight

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1