Right before my very eyes...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venus Petrov wrote:

Again, I appreciate LL's efforts at consolidation.  There was a thread posted a few weeks ago open for coment.  It was discussed at a CTUG meeting.  I will live with the 'result' and see how it works for me. 

Speaking of that... was there a CTUG meeting yesterday? I keep looking for the transcript but not finding it.

Ossian wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Again, I appreciate LL's efforts at consolidation.  There was a thread posted a few weeks ago open for coment.  It was discussed at a CTUG meeting.  I will live with the 'result' and see how it works for me. 

Speaking of that... was there a CTUG meeting yesterday? I keep looking for the transcript but not finding it.

I think it was cancelled actually as a number of the regular Lindens had other meetigns. I'm pretty sure I saw a group notice to that effect anyway. (There's an inworld 'SL Community Tools User Group' group that sends out notices for the meetings that you can join)

Drongle McMahon wrote:

It's terrible. It's destroying all knowledge of what;s been read. What for? To make sub forums where you have to plough through more and more junk to find what you want.

Ditto!  This is also why SL residents do not think Lindens use the platform. LL just combined Animation and Machinima, making Lindens seem like newbs that do not understand the difference. Maybe on Youtube, these would be similar, but not in SL. Just to let you know LL, animation is 1 of the 3 things that residents can upload into SL.:matte-motes-sour:

I like the way it is now. I don't save links to sub-pages or threads, but I DO try to find threads I remember reading recently, and this helps tons by cutting down the number of sub-forums it could be in. It was too diverse before and like topics were getting scattered throughout the place. Thanks Lexie :smileyhappy:

:smileysad:  Im sorry about the saved links.  I hope your profile page list of personal posts will help some?  Those do point at the correct locations. 

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Drongle McMahon wrote:

Another blunder.

The mainland forum has been moved into the Land category which is otherwise entirely about buying/selling/renting. The mainland subforum is about all other aspects of mainland, social, policy, events, geography etc. It is totally inappropriate to put it in this exclusively commercial context. Since the SL category has gone, it hould be moved into Places and Events.

I think its in the right place now. Its not a commercial section its a Land section and it has the Land GD forum there too.

Great job Lexie with the new groupings, it looks much clearer now. Will wait and see if it works better.

But you do get a
164.gif
for breaking all my saved links AGAIN!!!!! ....Has this softeware never heard of redirecting URLs???  Aside from it being slightly annoying refinding my personal ones, it has now messed up all those Answers that had useful links in them, so when people use the solved questions for reference they will hit broken links. *facepalm*

OH MY - everyone got what a lot of people (including me) have been asking for...

... and we're still complaining. PEOPLE!!! :smileysurprised:

Like Venus I'll wait and see the end result and then take time to get used to it befoe making any comment either for or against.

Lexie Linden wrote:

:smileysad:  Im sorry about the saved links.  I hope your profile page list of personal posts will help some?  Those do point at the correct locations. 

The ones that are more concerning Lexie, is the stuff in the replies on Answers where they redirect over to the relevant forums here. Oh well, not to worry, all the links in the replies on the old Jive stuff is already broken, whats a few more lol :D

It would be cool if stuff that got new URLs on here, whether its threads or forums, had some way to just redirect the old URL though, instead of just sending you to a you are broken page.

On the whole, I like the changes though, good work :)

I am really liking what I am seeing.  I am finding it much easier to find content,  I am noy going to suggest any tweaks for now until I have used this a couple of days.  I think Lexie and crew have done an awesome job.

ok I will go with the flow (I am in :matte-motes-inlove:), but one question .... can we really post anything in the GD forum? also links to other outside forums? /me wonders ... if so, gonna be a lot of fun soon I guess .. :matte-motes-dead: .... /me looks at her massive cornfield and thinks about all the popcorn she can make from it soon :smileyhappy: *meows*

(edited : this reply was meant for Mr. Storm ...sorry Katta :matte-motes-whistle:)

We asked for some consolidation in the forums which was very needed. We didn't ask for the merging of unrelated topics. I agree with you that the connection machinima has with animation is tenuous at best. By that logic, machinima could be lumped in with any one of the creation category subforums.

Perhaps we should have more subcategories in the creation forum. The fact that some topics overlap a number of others doesn't mean they should be combined into one of them. I can only guess that the reason they were is because neither one had very many posts... not that that makes it a good reason.

I'm sure this will be talked about at the upcoming CTUGs, and be worked on some more after they sift through some of the feedback that's being offered. And, as with most everything in SL, will continue to be a work in progress.

...Dres

amen to that, the current categories show an utter lack of context and understanding.

and while they're at it they should fix the css so that code can understandably be posted again... it's not as if the changes would be either difficult or far reaching... all the work was already done and offered up freely by Cerise within days of it being broken.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.