Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

As a citizen and property owner, you have well-respected rights and can certainly decide whom you will admit into the inner sanctum of your life. I think that everyone has a right to live in a world free of evitable pandemic caused by an international conspiracy of failed governments. 

What if you were a teacher applying for a job at that school though -- why should your right not be be vaccinated supercede the rights of others at the school who wish to remain healthy?  Or at any job really...

They have been requiring vaccinations for almost all schools in the US for years.  

Elimination means that the disease is not present in a region, while eradication means that the disease does not exist anywhere globally. Smallpox was declared globally eradicated in 1980, the first and only disease to be eradicated thus far. Polio was declared eliminated in the United States in 1979 and in the Western Hemisphere in 1994. [120] Rubella was declared eliminated in the Americas on Apr. 29, 2015, and measles on Sep. 27, 2016.

Why?  Vaccinations.  Not some government plan to usurp your universal human rights.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

06745fd5a6cd63c80385614e2b32753f.jpg

So nothing matters because a major worldwide collapse is likely coming? What about living in the present with love as much as possible?  Now is really the only time isn't it, cosmic Chroma  :)

I would like my grandson to live with his mother alive as long as possible, or to have a good life as long as possible, along with all the other little children alive now.

G 2020 3 cropped.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What if you were a teacher applying for a job at that school though -- why should your right not be be vaccinated supercede the rights of others at the school who wish to remain healthy?  Or at any job really...

Rather than try to compel people to be vaccinated I would want first to understand their reservations and try to assuage their concerns.  Assuming it's lawful in the particular jurisdiction (and that's a matter for the courts), I wouldn't rule it out, but it's not a good solution, to my mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So nothing matters because a major worldwide collapse is likely coming? What about living in the present with love as much as possible?  Now is really the only time isn't it, cosmic Chroma  :)

I would like my grandson to live with his mother alive as long as possible, or to have a good life as long as possible, along with all the other little children alive now.

Is that really how you feel about things, Luna? Because how I feel is vulnerable as long as these criminals remain powerful in the world. There is nothing anyone can do that they are not presently working to spoil, and so why in the world would anyone continue as if they aren't literally under a form of attack even as I type this.  How is anything going to be improved if hearts and minds are already dissociated from their own best Enlightened interests?

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

Just now, Innula Zenovka said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Rather than try to compel people to be vaccinated I would want first to understand their reservations and try to assuage their concerns.  Assuming it's lawful in the particular jurisdiction (and that's a matter for the courts), I wouldn't rule it out, but it's not a good solution, to my mind.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about that much for my daughter, as she's in San Francisco, the most vaccinated city on earth at this point. 

https://sfist.com/2021/06/11/day-around-the-bay-80-of-san-francisco-residents-now-vaccinated-against-covid-19/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is that really how you feel about things, Luna? Because how I feel is vulnerable as long as these criminals remain powerful in the world. There is nothing anyone can do that they are not presently working to spoil, and so why in the world would anyone continue as if they aren't literally under a form of attack even as I type this.  Isn't that self-loathing, delusional, and lost?

Of course I feel vulnerable, and of course I don't like what's happening. We can work to mitigate the situation but realistically I think it will only change when the system collapses.

I maintain that the best option is to live in love and appreciate what is good in life as much as possible. Out of this love one can also attempt concrete actions to change the situation when possible.

I'm not sure it's good for you to constantly focus on the abusive power structure we live under though.  What good does that do for you?

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Of course I feel vulnerable, and of course I don't like what's happening. We can work to mitigate the situation but realistically I think it will only change when the system collapses.

I maintain that the best option is to live in love and appreciate what is good in life as much as possible. Out of this love one can also attempt concrete actions to change the situation when possible.

I'm not sure it's good for you to constantly focus on the abusive power structure we live under though.  What good does that do for you?

If we love ourselves, then we will remove ourselves from a toxic living environment. We'll leave the house when it's on fire. We'll live earnestly for what we believe in somewhere where that is actually possible.

IMG_20210501_181618227.jpg

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

The sum of that logic fails parity checks when the freedoms are being curtailed by the same establishment that synthesized the situation for which the freedoms would be curtailed. This is a very exceptional kind of exception when you think about it. 

Regardless, one may not curtail or abridge Universal Human Rights. No such right exists.

So if a fireman set your house on fire (you don't know a fireman did it, you only think one did) and another fireman came in to save you. Is the 2nd fireman impeding on or curtailing  your rights if he grabs you and forces you outside as you try to save your unicorn?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finite said:

So if a fireman set your house on fire (you don't know a fireman did it, you only think one did) and another fireman came in to save you. Is the 2nd fireman impeding on or curtailing  your rights ... ?

Yes, if he doesn't immediately report his brother, the arsonist, to the authorities and give his testimony. Otherwise, we all know there'll be more arsons because the inner appetites of these people will never be sated.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Yes, if he doesn't immediately report his brother, the arsonist, to the authorities and give his testimony. Otherwise, we all know there'll be more arsons because the inner appetites of these people will never be sated.

No one knows the first fireman did anything. You're response falls flat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No one knows the first fireman did anything. You're response falls flat.

Just because I'm metagaming the scenario with out-of-character insight? But in existential matters, shouldn't we fight smart, not fair, or better yet, be elsewhere and deal it with from afar more efficiently and effectively on our own terms.

31 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Just because I'm metagaming the scenario with out-of-character insight? But in existential matters, shouldn't we fight smart, not fair, or better yet, be elsewhere and deal it with from afar more efficiently and effectively on our own terms.

No

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No

newborn-baby-mask-thailand-today-inline-

polio-lower-limb-deformity-27-638.jpg?cb

after declining rapidly, polio rates are increasing in Afghanistan, with 19 cases in 2015,[87][99] 13 in 2016,[100] 14 in 2017,[80] 21 in 2018,[79] and 29 in 2019[79] out of a population of about 35 million.

In Pakistan, there were 53 cases in 2015 (out of a population of about 200 million) – the highest number for any country,[87][99] 20 in 2016,[100] 8 in 2017[80] 12 in 2018, and 146 in 2019.[79][101] Cases dropped by 97 percent from 2014 to 2018;[102] reasons include 440 million dirham support from the United Arab Emirates to vaccinate more than ten million children,[103][104] changes in the military situation, and arrests of some of those who attacked polio workers.[105][106]

In Pakistan, the CIA ran a fake vaccination clinic in an attempt to locate Osama bin Laden.[107][108] As a consequence, there were attacks and deaths among vaccination workers.

(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio)

After reading about a vaccine protester who drove through a vaccination tent with her SUV I was careful to sit in the middle of the building where I received my shot.

"A Tennessee driver accused of yelling "no vaccine!" while speeding through a Covid-19 vaccination tent has been charged with reckless endangerment, the Blount County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

Virginia Christine Lewis Brown, 35, of Greenback, is facing seven counts of felony reckless endangerment in the incident Monday at the vaccination site outside a mall, the sheriff's office said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-woman-accused-driving-through-clinic-shouting-no-vaccine-charged-n1268892

Better save some of that for 2021.

Doctors in India are reporting COVID-19 patients with gangrene, hearing loss, and diarrhea — but there's not enough data to prove they're caused by the Delta variant

Dr. Catherine Schuster-Bruce and Swagata Yadavar 
BusinessInsider, 12 hours ago

Doctors in India claim that the highly infectious Delta variant could cause unusual symptoms such as gangrene and hearing loss, which they say are becoming more common in COVID-19 patients of all ages.

Alarming details of the symptoms were reported by Bloomberg on June 7 and followed up by the Daily Mail and Daily Mirror in the UK, where the Delta variant now accounts for 91% of new COVID cases.

Dr. Ganesh Manudhane, consultant cardiologist at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai, told Insider that he used to see four patients a year who had small blood clots causing gangrene, a serious condition where a loss of blood supply causes body tissue to die. Now it's one person every week, he said.

"I suspect it could be because of the Delta variant, because of the increased number of cases," Manudhane said — but he added that he hadn't genetically sequenced the patient's coronavirus tests to check for the Delta variant, which has become the most common COVID variant in the country since first being identified there in October.

Dr. Abdul Ghafur, infectious disease consultant at Apollo Hospital in Chennai told Insider that he had experienced far more cases of people with COVID-19 presenting with diarrhea than in the first wave in 2020.

But "all of the inferences from local doctors across the country were based on their clinical experience and not on any published data," he said... 

Ghafur added that "despite having the second highest number of [COVID-19] patients in the world, India's premier research institute, the Indian Council of Medical Research, hadn't conducted any scientific studies of value." 

Black fungus isn't a symptom of coronavirus but a complication that occurs during the weeks after infection. Doctors in India have anecdotally associated it with the Delta variant.

Dr. Harsh Vardhan, India's health minister, said Monday that there were more than 28,000 recorded cases of black fungus infection that occurs in people with compromised immunity or diabetes. Of these, 86% had had COVID-19. 

The link between black fungus and suppressed immunity or diabetes is not proven – but it's been suggested the high numbers of both in India could explain the number of cases of it.

"We need more investigation into this but [...] around 40% more patients are developing diabetes after having COVID-19 during this second wave," he said.

(from https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-variant-we-dont-know-if-it-causes-atypical-symptoms-like-gangrene-2021-6)

COVIDThirdWaveCartoon.jpg

test, quarantine, contain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_1lJklcsDZHv6fN9gtLn500_F_343664174_3V617R9gRYyUJR6I4t99xnCO
TUPPERWARE-18-Oz-MICROWAVE-Coffee-Drink-

7 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

"I can smell something strange coming out of your room?   What are you smoking up there?"

"Nothing, Mum, just ... err ..  burning some sage.   Yes, burning some sage.  That's all I'm doing.,  It's called "smudging" and it ... erm ... purifies stuff and dispels negative energy".

(I'm sure they didn't think it was sage when they bought it, or they hoped it wasn't, at least).

It is amazing how many people think sage smells like mj when the scents are nothing alike. 

We're sorry but we can't help but laugh at certain people the first time they attend a powwow and smell sage or sweetgrass burning. They even swear the sweetgrass is mj. I think people have been living in cities too long and have lost their sense of smell.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.