Jump to content

Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

In fairness, Britain has been trying to genocide China out of existance since 1839, so, it's really hard not to say they're not a righteously aggrieved party, here, along with every citizen in the United States and Europe.

I really can't speak on what Britain did. I think it had something to do with heroin if I remember right but the US and Russia helped free China in WW2 and Russia helped them form their first unified government since the First Emperor. The one that's still in place to this day. So I am not seeing them as a righteously aggrieved party. Not even remotely. That's a pretty tough sell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I can't be the only one who thinks of this every time they see a smudge stick.

You too can be cool, like Merle Haggard.

Quote

Haggard said he started smoking marijuana when he was 41 years old. He admitted that in 1983, he bought "$2,000 (worth) of cocaine" and partied for five months afterward.
Haggard was married five times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merle_Haggard

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Finite said:

I really can't speak on what Britain did. I think it had something to do with heroin if I remember right but the US and Russia helped free China in WW2 and Russia helped them form their first unified government since the First Emperor. The one that's still in place to this day. So I am not seeing them as a righteously aggrieved party. Not even remotely. That's a pretty tough sell.

Every now and then, someone comes into this thread to try and inflame and derail.  Always best to disengage at that point as others have done.

This past Tuesday was the 2 weeks from my second dose.  I'll probably continue to mask up at the store.  I see quite a few people still wearing them even though the mask mandate was lifted June 2.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chroma Starlight

Chroma, I totally agree that we live within an abusive power system of militarized states, capital accumulation and ideological power that have been steering both ecosystems and societies to the brink of collapse....the megamachine...the convergence of science, economy, technics and political power as a unified community of interpretation rendering useless and eccentric life-enhancing values.

However, does this mean we cannot trust ANYTHING from health authorities? This seems to be your position, and just because Innula trusts her health authorities regarding certain matters you have foisted some sort of attack on her as if she totally believes in this abhorrent power structure. Very unfair. I don't think she believes in Brexit (definitely a tool of the megamachine) anymore than you or I do. Nor should you be attacking people or insinuating that others on the thread believe in such a warped power system either.

A wise person would not ditch all forms of authority just because there is an overarching system that places profit before people. The trick is to find what you should trust and not revert to black & white thinking where any type of authority is 'all bad'.
I fear your distrust of power is leading you to a dangerous consequence (refusal of the Covid vaccine).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Every now and then, someone comes into this thread to try and inflame and derail.  Always best to disengage at that point as others have done.

This past Tuesday was the 2 weeks from my second dose.  I'll probably continue to mask up at the store.  I see quite a few people still wearing them even though the mask mandate was lifted June 2.  

 

Yes sorry. I will. I get ramped up pretty easily on certain subjects xD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Chroma Starlight

I fear your distrust of power is leading you to a dangerous consequence (refusal of the Covid vaccine).

I agree that herd immunity is very important when dealing with third-world countries, banana republics, and tyrants. In these circumstances, you cannot rely upon establishment authority to prevent evitable pandemic, and so instead you must try get as many people actually protected as possible. I think that we are finding that experimental mRNA therapies aren't a panacea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:
34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Chroma Starlight

I fear your distrust of power is leading you to a dangerous consequence (refusal of the Covid vaccine).

I agree that herd immunity is very important when dealing with third-world countries, banana republics, and tyrants. In these circumstances, you cannot rely upon establishment authority to prevent evitable pandemic, and so instead you must try get as many people actually protected as possible. I think that we are finding that experimental mRNA therapies aren't a panacea. 

True, we might discover they're not as effective as we hoped they would be. But even in the case you cited earlier where vaccinated people were coming down with new Covid variants at least it appears the vaccination prevented the worst outcomes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

True, we might discover they're not as effective as we hoped they would be. But even in the case you cited earlier where vaccinated people were coming down with new Covid variants at least it appears the vaccination prevented the worst outcomes.

No, it's too late for that. After all, nothing can prevent the worst outcomes here because the establishment presently in power has already brought them forth upon their innocent victims. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chroma Starlight said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

True, we might discover they're not as effective as we hoped they would be. But even in the case you cited earlier where vaccinated people were coming down with new Covid variants at least it appears the vaccination prevented the worst outcomes.

No, it's too late for that. After all, nothing can prevent the worst outcomes here because the establishment presently in power has already brought them forth upon their innocent victims. 

Are you speaking to a belief that mRna vaccines are dangerous, and even more dangerous than a death from Covid?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Are you speaking to a belief that mRna vaccines are dangerous, and even more dangerous than a death from Covid?

I suppose that I must be saying that I would far rather die a natural death after a long life than be degraded by an unethical medical, political, or societal experiment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you speaking to a belief that mRna vaccines are dangerous, and even more dangerous than a death from Covid?

I suppose that I must be saying that I would far rather die a natural death after a long life than be degraded by an unethical medical, political, or societal experiment.

Why do you say it's an unethical experiment?  And why would it be a political one?

Sure, Big Pharma will make a killing off this, but that in and of itself does not mean there's no benefit to society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chroma Starlight said:

So you mean specifically forced vaccinations (for work, air travel, etc.) and the fact that the entire world doesn't have access to the vaccine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

All I can say here is that a pandemic is a special situation and so we cannot be afforded the typical freedoms common in non-emergencies. For me it's okay that safety outweighs freedom in some instances.

Sure, 'test, trace, isolate' is ideal.  I don't think the screw-up with this was deliberate though, as I think you implied earlier.  It can be unwise to attribute malice to what is usually just stupidity, is a saying I like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

All I can say here is that a pandemic is a special situation and so we cannot be afforded the typical freedoms common in non-emergencies. For me it's okay that safety outweighs freedom in some instances.

Sure, 'test, trace, isolate' is ideal.  I don't think the screw-up with this was deliberate though, as I think you implied earlier.  It can be unwise to attribute malice to what is usually just stupidity, is a saying I like.

The sum of that logic fails parity checks when the freedoms are being curtailed by the same establishment that synthesized the situation for which the freedoms would be curtailed. This is a very exceptional kind of exception when you think about it. 

Regardless, one may not curtail or abridge Universal Human Rights. No such right exists.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

All I can say here is that a pandemic is a special situation and so we cannot be afforded the typical freedoms common in non-emergencies. For me it's okay that safety outweighs freedom in some instances.

Sure, 'test, trace, isolate' is ideal.  I don't think the screw-up with this was deliberate though, as I think you implied earlier.  It can be unwise to attribute malice to what is usually just stupidity, is a saying I like.

Expand  

That logical doesn't count when the freedoms are being curtailed by the same establishment that synthesized the situation; this is a very exceptional kind of exception when you think about it. 

Just because they "synthesized" it or even caused it doesn't preclude the possibility that requiring vaccination is the safest/best plan for society overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Just because they "synthesized" it or even caused it doesn't preclude the possibility that requiring vaccination is the safest/best plan for society overall.


 

Quote

Francesco Schettino (Italian pronunciation: [franˈtʃesko sketˈtiːno]; born 14 November 1960)[1] is an Italian former sea captain who commanded the cruise ship Costa Concordia when it struck an underwater rock and capsized with the deaths of 32 passengers and crew off the Italian island of Giglio on 13 January 2012.[2][3] In 2015, he was sentenced to sixteen years in prison for his role in the incident.[4]

On 23 February 2013, the office of the prosecution at Grosseto announced that it had initiated legal proceedings against Schettino. He was accused of multiple counts of manslaughter, causing a maritime accident, abandoning ship with passengers still on board, and lack of cooperation with rescue operations.[28] The trial took place at Grosseto's "Teatro Moderno", which was adapted into a courtroom to handle lawyers of about 250 co-plaintiffs and about 400 scheduled witnesses.

At the end of the proceeding, the public prosecutor Magistrate Maria Navarro asked for a jail sentence of 26 years and three months.
[32] Confirming the charges, she parsed jail times as follows: fourteen years for multiple manslaughter, nine years for causing a shipwreck, three years for abandoning the vessel and three months for failing to contact the authorities when the accident happened.[28] Navarro accused Schettino of lying during the trial as well as in prior public interviews.[32][33] Prosecutor Stefano Pizza stated, "The captain’s duty to be the last person off the ship is not just an obligation dictated by ancient maritime rules, it is also a legal obligation intended to limit the damage to those on the ship."[33] Schettino's lawyers rebutted the charges and indicated that the disaster was a collective failure for which he should not be made the scapegoat.[19]

Although Costa's lawyer called the verdict "balanced",[36] others criticized it. Survivors groups saw it as too lenient.[37][38] On the other hand, it was also argued that Schettino, while guilty, had been made a scapegoat.[38] According to this view, the disaster was a complex failure, involving not only negligence on part of the captain, but also inadequate safety procedures, poor evacuation procedures, communication failures, and technical defects (such as faulty watertight doors).[38] On 31 May 2016, an Italian appeals court upheld Schettino's prison sentence.[10] Schettino further appealed to Italy's Supreme Court of Cassation,[39] which upheld the original sentence on 12 May 2017. On hearing the verdict of the second appeal, he turned himself in to Rome's Rebibbia prison to begin his sentence.[40][41]

(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Schettino )

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, I know but are you sure no one is smoking it?  ^

"I can smell something strange coming out of your room?   What are you smoking up there?"

"Nothing, Mum, just ... err ..  burning some sage.   Yes, burning some sage.  That's all I'm doing.,  It's called "smudging" and it ... erm ... purifies stuff and dispels negative energy".

(I'm sure they didn't think it was sage when they bought it, or they hoped it wasn't, at least).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Regardless, one may not curtail or abridge Universal Human Rights. No such right exists.

Don't I have the right to be safer, less likely to contract Covid by requiring all these repair people who have been coming into my house lately be vaccinated?

Doesn't my daughter, a teacher in SF with brain cancer, have the right to require all students and teachers in her school be vaccinated so that she does not likely die should she contract Covid?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't I have the right to be safer, less likely to contract Covid by requiring all these repair people who have been coming into my house lately be vaccinated?

Doesn't my daughter, a teacher in SF with brain cancer, have the right to require all students and teachers in her school be vaccinated so that she does not likely die should she contract Covid?

As a citizen and property owner, you have well-respected rights and can certainly decide whom you will admit into the inner sanctum of your life. I think that everyone has a right to live in a world free of evitable pandemic caused by an international conspiracy of failed governments. 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...