Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thare's a kind of perverse "gallows humor" though, watching people argue who have no idea they're stirring around a fire that's the leading candidate for starting World War 3. What fun.

I don't follow how the thread acquired its sudden Sino-focus, but in case any of this is still news:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Europe Watches With Worry As Delta Variant Spreads Fast In The U.K. And Lisbon
June 21, 20215:00 AM ET
Jaclyn Diaz, NPR 

A worrying spike of coronavirus infections in Europe is being driven by the Delta variant, according to global health leaders, even as immunization rates in some countries are on the way up.

Increased cases reported in the U.K. and Portugal have forced officials to reimplement lockdown restrictions or hold off on lifting pandemic mandates. Officials in France, Germany, and Spain say they are closely monitoring clusters of infection tied to the Delta variant.

The strain, also known as B.1.617.2 was first detected in India. It is now "well on its way to becoming the dominant variant globally because of its increased transmissibility," World Health Organization's chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan said Friday.

In the U.K., data shows 99% of sequenced and genotyped confirmed coronavirus cases across the country are the Delta variant, according to Public Health England.

The government's weekly data as of June 18 showed numbers of the Delta variant in the U.K. have risen by 33,630 from the week prior last week to a total of 75,953.

This is despite the nation's high immunization rate: 59.5% of the population are fully vaccinated from the coronavirus. A reported 81.6% of the population have received one dose, according to government data.

Portugal's National Health Institute reported this weekend the Delta variant is shown to be in at least 60% of new cases in the nation's capital, Lisbon. The country reported over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for the fourth day in a row on Saturday, according to Reuters.

Germany's Health Minister Jens Spahn said it's not if the Delta variant becomes dominant, but "when and under what conditions."

(from https://www.npr.org/2021/06/21/1008634467/europe-watches-with-worry-as-delta-variant-spreads-fast-in-the-u-k-and-lisbon)

Test.

Quarantine.

Contain.

🐍🐍🐍

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

The Delta coronavirus variant is exploding across Colorado.
John Ingold, The Colorado Sun
3:01 AM MDT on Jun 21, 2021

The Delta variant, which is believed to have originated in India and is also known as the B.1.617.2 variant, was first identified in Colorado in late April. By the first week of this month — a period of about six weeks — it had grown to account for an estimated 40% of all new infections in Colorado.

The Delta variant, which is believed to have originated in India and is also known as the B.1.617.2 variant, was first identified in Colorado in late April. By the first week of this month — a period of about six weeks — it had grown to account for an estimated 40% of all new infections in Colorado.

Nationwide, the Delta variant is believed to account for about 10% of new cases.

Dr. Rachel Herlihy, the state epidemiologist, said the Delta variant is believed to be about 50% more transmissible than the Alpha variant, which itself was 50% more transmissible than the original form of the virus.

The Delta variant has been found in 24 counties scattered across the state. It is most prevalent in Mesa County, where the variant was first discovered in the state and where at least 248 cases have now been identified through a statewide surveillance system.

As a result, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is stepping up its vaccination efforts in the county. The department is deploying mobile vaccination clinics in multiple locations in Mesa County over the next week.

It also plans to have a vaccination bus at the Country Jam festival June 24-26 at a ranch west of Grand Junction. (The festival is also doing its part, with a note on its website warning: “Mesa County is currently experiencing some of the highest COVID rates in the country. In preparation for your visit to Country Jam, we strongly urge you to get vaccinated.”)

(from https://coloradosun.com/2021/06/21/coronavirus-delta-variant-vaccination/ )

Oh wow, they seemed to be doing so well right up until the last two paragraphs. They'll park a bus outside the festival their failed government doesn't retain enough power to halt for public safety, which is almost as good as a not-failed government pandemic response, but not quite.

image.thumb.png.c882a2fd6626ab6f980076a4c0788ea2.png
image.thumb.png.f4014947a2b27c2b224b7602bc261c8a.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So often in this thread, we need this

tenor (7).gif

Yes, when someone says Taiwan considers itself part of China.  China owns the main airspace, they have to say China airlines plus the Taiwanese feel if they change the name of the airline away from China airlines, China will shut them down.  

I feel like that.  I was the one banging my head up against a wall, not you.  But you need to play a victim or martyr I guess even though this isn't about YOU.  rolls eyes

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Get vaccinated.

COVID vaccines have been available to every adult in the United States for at least two months and there is no shortage of them. Everyone who can be vaccinated should be.

There's no vaccine available. Only unethical microRNA experiments foisted upon a credulous and unsuspecting public.

t̡͒e̶͢s̘̏t͚̹ q͙ͅu̓͟a̺̲r̽͡á͡n̠̾t̠͂ǐ͜ṉ̀e͛͠ c̳̊o͕̱ņ͝ẗ͜â͎i͉͊ṋ̩

2318283-200.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Finite said:

China Airlines is owned by a Taiwan based company. Taiwan considers itself China. Formally it was the Republic of China before naming itself after it's biggest island "Taiwan".

It says it right here.  Taiwan considers itself China.  No, it does not.

• Haha 1

First you wrote:-

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, when someone says Taiwan considers itself part of China. 

I said that nobody wrote that. And nobody did.

Now you write:-

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

She said verbatim, Taiwan considers itself China. 

You see the difference? What you wrote first was wrong. What you now write is correct.

Considering the country to be China does not mean considering it to be part of the other country called China. It's not a semantic thing. It's a totally different meaning thing.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Does anyone in a country governed by an actually-free society have a job in a nice green village in the mountains they can suggest a soon-to-be expat might apply to on a continent far far away? I'll go East, I'll go West, I'll go North, I'll go South. It almost doesn't matter anymore, just so long as it isn't here in this accursed place. After twenty years of resisting oppression, the burden has become so bothersome that I can't even get my life together as long as I'm here, it's like kryptonite, this madness that surrounds us all. Even if I could go on, I refuse to, because they're collecting my tax dollars and turning it into slavery, human sacrifice, and war no matter what I say for decades. Second Life's Oldest Furry Community (or the US Signals Intelligence services, or an ancient misogynistic genocidal desert cult, or some combination of the three because it's ambiguous where the culpability ends these days) said I couldn't have my First Life home in that exact place anymore, my refuge in the mountains, and so I am still presently searching, lost, for another home, one which I might discover to be safer for human flourishing than the wrongful one in which I find myself now. Stick a pitchfork in this scuttled and rapidly sinking hard-right fascist ship of state they call the United States of America. It's done and over. Note: all situations must be accommodating of an elderly housecat.

IMG_20210621_074527595_HDR.jpg

help us get outside this box we find ourselves in.

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

First you wrote:-

I said that nobody wrote that. And nobody did.

Now you write:-

You see the difference? What you wrote first was wrong. What you now write is correct.

Considering the country to be China does not mean considering it to be part of the other country called China. It's not a semantic thing. It's a totally different meaning thing.

They don't consider themselves China either.  They consider themselves Taiwan and are Taiwanese.  When two governments one China was written I don't think they had much choice.  In the Wiki of China Airlines, it says they fear if they change the name to be less confusing, China will not allow them to operate.

Edited by FairreLilette

Just now, FairreLilette said:

They don't consider themselves China either.  They consider themselves Taiwan and are Taiwanese.  When two governments one China was written I don't think they had much choice.  In the Wiki of China Airlines, it say they fear if they change the name to be less confusing, China will not allow them to operate.

What's it got to do with Covid facts?

21 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

They don't consider themselves China either.  They consider themselves Taiwan and are Taiwanese.  When two governments one China was written I don't think they had much choice.  In the Wiki of China Airlines, it says they fear if they change the name to be less confusing, China will not allow them to operate.

I have no interest in it. I merely pointed out that nobody wrote what you said they wrote.

44 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I have no interest in it. I merely pointed out that nobody wrote what you said they wrote.

With the current issues between China and Taiwan, it seemed not a good thing to say Taiwan considers itself China.  Taiwan due to an old agreement more or less settled for the lesser of two evils and has a name called Republic of China, I would have understood what she meant if she had said Taiwan has China as part of it's name, not that Taiwan considers itself China since China wants to currently overthrow Taiwan.

And, hopefully this will get back on topic.  

Look at what they're purporting down there in New Zealand, isn't this fascinating. Not a word about this here. Could it be that this is pro-war Propaganda circulating in the British Commonwealth countries?

Covid 19 coronavirus: Top Chinese spy defects to the US, reveals Wuhan lab leak secrets - reports

A top Chinese spy has reportedly defected to the US and offered up intelligence about how the Covid pandemic began.

Rumours are swirling that Jingwei has passed on important information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology at the centre of the Covid lab leak theory... If the rumours are true, Dong would be the highest level defector ever from the People's Republic of China. His evidence may have even sparked US President Joe Biden's U-turn on the country's Covid probe.

(from https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-top-chinese-spy-defects-to-the-us-reveals-wuhan-lab-leak-secrets-reports/INIU4BL5HHLQF4HOBC4Z2REK44/ )

Doesn't this make your skin crawl, as if a liar is manipulating you into acting or believing against your own best Enlightened interests to do something even crazier than Brexit? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Could it be that this is pro-war Propaganda circulating in the British Commonwealth countries?

Is it pro-war propaganda?  It could be but others have sent me stuff on FB about the Chinese telling the truth and being censored since the pandemic began in March of 2020 which I have ignored since I find it nothing that can be proved and about as credible as a chain letter wherein I would get $100,000 if I do this chain letter thing.  It is not new that there are Chinese who have been telling the truth...yada, yada...circulating on social media.  That has been going on for over a year.  I ignore it, Chroma, as a I do chain letters or spam as it can't be proven.

Edited by FairreLilette

27 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Look at what they're purporting down there in New Zealand, isn't this fascinating. Not a word about this here. Could it be that this is pro-war Propaganda circulating in the British Commonwealth countries?

Doesn't this make your skin crawl, as if a liar is manipulating you into acting or believing against your own best Enlightened interests to do something even crazier than Brexit? 

Pro-war propaganda or phishing scheme?  I'd say phishing schemes.  Your best bet is to not click on those as all you will get are more phishers.  

Stop the presses!

Covid 19 coronavirus: Three new cases in managed isolation

20 Jun, 2021 06:10 PM
One previously reported case has now recovered, so the number of active cases in New Zealand is 23.

(from https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-three-new-cases-in-managed-isolation/BLWH54U7FLEMIA432NBVH5ADLQ/)

They're up to twenty three! They're up to twenty three actives cases in their country!

x.thumb.jpg.d55df983aff8bf87c7e3f9ce3ba32ac9.jpg

shelter-in-place extended holiday
  • Haha 2

image.thumb.png.ab971d4bdeca2a07b518cd3aa67dae86.png

Southern Arizona tourism works to rebound from pandemic
By: Megan Meier
Posted at 6:52 AM, Jun 21, 2021

TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — The Southern Arizona Heritage and Visitor Center tells a story about the place we call home.

On Monday, the center officially reopened after staying closed for 14 months. Staff said they are excited to help people re-explore Southern Arizona, but according to Frische, the rebound won’t happen overnight.

“Since vaccinations are more readily available now, we’re seeing more people feel comfortable about getting out and visiting places. Some have been home for 13 months. It’s time to get out and explore a little bit,” said Frische.

“There’s still plenty to do, we just urge people to be careful about the weather. Be smart,” said Frische.

(from: https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/southern-arizona-tourism-works-to-rebound-from-pandemic )

Mmpf, this is so excruciating to watch. No. Please, no. Just stay home and don't pretend that nothing is wrong.

隔離

含む

蛇蛇蛇

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.