FLICKR PAGES - are you aware what flickr visitors can do with your erotic pictures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/7/2021 at 3:32 AM, Doc Carling said:

That's not the point.  It's what  nasty things downloaders might do with our erotic pictures behind locked doors.  I doubt that we are always aware of it, when we publish such rather private material.

I am quite sure that people who post erotic material online know exactly what people could do to their pictures. I mean, what is the purpose of sharing those pictures at all if not to let other people admire/enjoy their work? I find your post very naive to be honest. If you post something online free for all to see on the internet, how do you even consider it private material??

If you have pictures that are considered erotic and you do not want others to enjoy it, you do not post it online to be viewed by everyone. I think what you call "not the point" is exactly the point of posting it. I am a big fan of well made erotic work on SL Flickr, and actually have a seperate SL Flickr account for sharing exactlyt that kind of work. And the biggest compliments I get about it is from people who admit they find it so erotic that they find real life pleasurement from it. Now some people do manage to bring that in a rather creepy way, but hey, thats what anonymous internet does.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And the biggest compliments I get about it is from people who admit they find it so erotic that they find real life pleasurement from it. Now some people do manage to bring that in a rather creepy way, but hey, thats what anonymous internet does.

... I mean, I still do find it a bit awkward how much your avi looks like my cousin, but ... Well, you're one of the few people on Flickr I didn't immediately un-follow for posting too much nudity! 

• Haha 3

Just now, Zeta Vandyke said:

Is that a thing??

Not really I suppose, but when it's of T-rex-armed avis with potatoes for heads and splaying hands doing a balloon animal over kitchen counters from an awkward angle half-way through a wall, shot in 800 x 600 pixels whilst on the lowest settings possible, it gets old fast. It's why I don't do Flickr groups anymore either!

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 8:09 PM, Doc Carling said:

My point is that downloaders don't print erotic photos out to wrap their sandwiches in them.  They mostly use them to have some fun. Isn't that a disturbing imagination for you?

Why are you posting up cartoon erotic art of a fictional cartoon character if having people do that with it was NOT your intention?

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Why are you posting up cartoon erotic art of a fictional cartoon character if having people do that with it was NOT your intention?

What lets you assume that this thread is about me and that I have concerns about in what way downloaders use my pictures? If you are referring to my websites, they address an audience that is interested in such kind of material. I'm fully aware of what they might do with the pictures. And the residents which model for me as well.  What the headline says this thread is about private flickr pages.

Edited by Doc Carling

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 9:32 PM, Doc Carling said:

when we publish such rather private material.

If I was concerned about what people did with erotic pictures of my avatar I would not be posting them. This is why i don't post such pictures of myself.

But seriously, guys can find videos of real life girls having fake lesbian sex online, are they really going to use my avatar to get off?

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

If I was concerned about what people did with erotic pictures of my avatar I would not be posting them. This is why i don't post such pictures of myself.

But seriously, guys can find videos of real life girls having fake lesbian sex online, are they really going to use my avatar to get off?

You'd be surprised what kind of fetishes there are out there, particularly regarding cartoons/avatars. Since I went pro, there are some older pictures I did that get a lot of views, so much so that A) Someone is using them to get off B) Someone really, really wants to copy a particular look and just can't get it so they keep going back to it.

I'm kinda leaning towards A....

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

You'd be surprised what kind of fetishes there are out there, particularly regarding cartoons/avatars. Since I went pro, there are some older pictures I did that get a lot of views, so much so that A) Someone is using them to get off B) Someone really, really wants to copy a particular look and just can't get it so they keep going back to it.

I'm kinda leaning towards A....

Ok, when I think about it i guess i would rather they use my avi than support an industry that exploits women.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Ok, well, maybe I should have said, use a picture from Flickr of my avatar.

That's what I meant.  I was trying to be funny but it didn't work out....  Happens sometimes....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The way I see it is like this (and Yes I also have a Flickr page..I don't care who sees it, I'll post the link below.). If anyone wants to post "nudies" of their avatar on a flickr account, it is nothing more then them being creative with said avatar and just showing off that creativity. As a previous poster said (and totally nailed it), its not like people are seeing them in RL.

You won't be too likely to find nudies of me, not because I don't want to show my avy naked, but rather because what I HAVE posted I have found pretty cool looking and again for "artistic creativity" I Post them to my flickr. I say to each their own!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fenixgreycloak/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.