WTH is .....

Aethelwine

21 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

maybe another view will help:

Snapshot_133.thumb.jpg.a45fd564e5acfa6082a7752b0c49d9d0.jpg

I'm stumped - I hadn't realized how extensive the rail lines were in Bellisseria. While I've discovered a lot of wonderful places, I can't find the pictured location. Is there a rez zone nearby?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Correct, and there is a matching location in Bay City - Morton. (With a nearby outrageously overpriced parcel for sale... and I mean outrageous even for Bay City!)

P.S. The seaplane mooring spots are water areas with ramps, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Where is this?

1541077592_where3_001.thumb.png.e577435e74eb1c4a31b70a13362d8723.png

It is in Davenport.

You can just see in the bottom left corner a crazy mole build that goes up to roadside, an "Ancient Nautilus City Outpost" owned by the Kahruvel Restoration and Research Group. "Dedicated to restoring the Kahruvel lands and researching the Great Erase and history of Urtahrah. All archeologists, botanists, zoologists, geologists, linguists, historians and other interested persons are welcome!" Whatever that means!

There is a little teleport there that takes you up to a cute little platform in the Sky ... again a Crazy Mole build... but in private ownership.

Snapshot_134.thumb.jpg.b5696f1be3122f10888898b7b3720ce0.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am now suffering from vertigo up at around 350m when I stumble across a private build with a temple that doesn't look to be the sort of Church of England destination I am used to.

Snapshot_136.thumb.jpg.47997527e404554dc1430992dcd3497f.jpg 

Maybe some sort of Tibetan monastic order? the climb up to it is pretty dramatic

Snapshot_137.thumb.jpg.46043fc52b2850e5d775856b7f27f84d.jpg

The parcel description says@

"Feeling lost and broken, or just need something unreachable in your life whether if it's RL or SL. There are things in this world who you'll be suprised would listen to you.......So then be here in the abyss and come say your prayer to the emptyness."

But where am I?

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

It is in Davenport.

You can just see in the bottom left corner a crazy mole build that goes up to roadside, an "Ancient Nautilus City Outpost" owned by the Kahruvel Restoration and Research Group. "Dedicated to restoring the Kahruvel lands and researching the Great Erase and history of Urtahrah. All archeologists, botanists, zoologists, geologists, linguists, historians and other interested persons are welcome!" Whatever that means!

There is a little teleport there that takes you up to a cute little platform in the Sky ... again a Crazy Mole build... but in private ownership.

Snapshot_134.thumb.jpg.b5696f1be3122f10888898b7b3720ce0.jpg

Well, for pete's sake, I used to live up on one of those peaks and totally didn't remember it.

"How to tell when you have moved around Mainland too much" 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

I am now suffering from vertigo up at around 350m when I stumble across a private build with a temple that doesn't look to be the sort of Church of England destination I am used to.

Snapshot_136.thumb.jpg.47997527e404554dc1430992dcd3497f.jpg 

Maybe some sort of Tibetan monastic order? the climb up to it is pretty dramatic

Snapshot_137.thumb.jpg.46043fc52b2850e5d775856b7f27f84d.jpg

The parcel description says@

"Feeling lost and broken, or just need something unreachable in your life whether if it's RL or SL. There are things in this world who you'll be suprised would listen to you.......So then be here in the abyss and come say your prayer to the emptyness."

But where am I?

Mount Tethys - Temple Peak Shrine

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tethys/106/18/289

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5

Built by a resident group in 2013, this lovely spot has been a favorite of mine for years with its pretty flower paths. You can relax with some tai chi or have a cup of tea. Where am I?

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Changed photo
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Built by a resident group in 2013, this lovely spot has been a favorite of mine for years with its pretty flower paths. You can relax with some tai chi or have a cup of tea. Where am I?

Snapshot_001.png

Moonlight Teahouse in Tuli - 153/152/42 (Although if you do a map search for 'Tuli' it takes you right there.)

How beautiful - thank you. 

• Like 4

This public park was established on the Mainland in 2007 as a place where you can find "Magic Windows to the best of the Web and Magic Doors to the best of SL since 2006!" I tried the door to Cosma, and it gave me a teleport link to another Exploration Center location which was quite interesting. I'm going back when I have time and try all the windows and doors

Where was I?

(Note: System avatar trying out free pose from Le Poppycock which was given out at current Cosmo Event - pose was made for an avatar with more complexity..)

knowledgepark.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
trying to make things closer to perfection - endless task.
  • Like 4

On 5/22/2021 at 7:41 PM, Rufferta said:

This public park was established on the Mainland in 2007 as a place where you can find "Magic Windows to the best of the Web and Magic Doors to the best of SL since 2006!" I tried the door to Cosma, and it gave me a teleport link to another Exploration Center location which was quite interesting. I'm going back when I have time and try all the windows and doors

Where was I?

(Note: System avatar trying out free pose from Le Poppycock which was given out at current Cosmo Event - pose was made for an avatar with more complexity..)

knowledgepark.jpg

It is the knowledge Port, Knowledge Navigation Centre at Maryport

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maryport/203/159/54

A nice place to visit :)

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

We all know the Leviathan at Ahab's Haunt, but do you know of this less complete skeleton of some creature with a curious skeleton, too many ribs to count on my fingers and toes.

It must be the remains of some sort of giant sea serpent.

Snapshot_140.thumb.jpg.962b08f8c3091452852c5bb5091a708d.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4