WTH is .....

Aethelwine

This is a chapel high in an incredible recreation of a World Heritage site. The original is off the coast of France.  The build was made by Moeka Kohime, a graphic designer from Japan. 

Where am I?

mtsanmichel.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, Rufferta said:

This is a chapel high in an incredible recreation of a World Heritage site. The original is off the coast of France.  The build was made by Moeka Kohime, a graphic designer from Japan. 

Where am I?

mtsanmichel.jpg

It looks like Mont Saint Michel, which is built by Moeka Kohime. But the one I know isn't on mainland. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It looks like Mont Saint Michel, which is built by Moeka Kohime. But the one I know isn't on mainland. 

You are right - I goofed.  Since you guessed it, why not submit something on the Mainland (I'll do better next time...).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

You are right - I goofed.  Since you guessed it, why not submit something on the Mainland (I'll do better next time...).

It was nice to go back and look at it. It is a stunning build from the winding road crowded by boutiques and cafes to the central chapel where you took your picture where the light through the window feels magical. Amazing it is built in prims... I am glad you gave me a reason to go back and appreciate it again.

• Like 1

It is no wonder Magellan Linden makes so few appearances in world, every adventure he gets into seems to result in a crash and no doubt a long recovery.

I found this Icarus spaceship in the sea somewhere you might not expect.

Snapshot_158.jpg.cf04a950c43cd374037fae97ad579e3d.jpg

Snapshot_159.jpg.a522c8beaf024eda1ada450c00c32f48.jpg

But where is it? 

• Like 3

This is in Galgano, in an underwater canyon near a rezz zone. (151,100,32)  While you are in the area, if you fly south to Imona, a disturbance on the water will show you the location of a Hydrothermal Brine Pool.

I'm trying to persuade the Cthumoleator of the benefits of being a vegetarian. I'm thinking "He's not so big!" and then realizing that what I'm looking at is just the head - the rest of him is underground..

I think I have an urgent appointment somewhere else.....

moleeater2.jpg

• Like 4

I am standing in a Hole in the Sea. Holocluck Henly, in one of the excellent notecards he is handing out at SL18B (Incredible) says it is a plug that has been pulled out of the bottom of the sea. I think it is a magical vortex that is shifting water to other parts of Second Life (perhaps that's why water levels are different in different regions?)

Since he refers to "one of the plugs" perhaps there is another? I'll go look. Where was I?

plug-in-ocean.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, Rufferta said:

I am standing in a Hole in the Sea. Holocluck Henly, in one of the excellent notecards he is handing out at SL18B (Incredible) says it is a plug that has been pulled out of the bottom of the sea. I think it is a magical vortex that is shifting water to other parts of Second Life (perhaps that's why water levels are different in different regions?)

Since he refers to "one of the plugs" perhaps there is another? I'll go look. Where was I?

plug-in-ocean.jpg

There is something similar in Twogood, but I think different, unless it is just my graphics making it look different.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twogood/127/127/28

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, Aethelwine said:

This old Freebie place has been around for a long time. Recently modernised into mesh but still instantly recognisable

Snapshot_166.jpg.45751eb0d916b47ac488e62a69f57762.jpg

Snapshot_167.jpg.e6f311f4dd08394be2615292f0fac25c.jpg

I think... Do you recognise it too, where am I?

Ah, the wonderful Nix Bazaar in Stillman - next to the charming giant bears and not far from other historic sites  (I'm not in SL right now but was at Stillman recently and picked up a few more things...)

Edited by Rufferta
seeking coherancy
  • Like 2