Jump to content

Any thoughts on the MIRANA body? Or new and upcoming bodies at that?


Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone!

For everyone who hadn’t known, there is a new body called MIRANA out on the marketplace and in the MIRANA Industries’ inworld store. Still in it’s beta version til New Years, I’m curious to know how different people feel about the MIRANA body and/or new and upcoming bodies, ranging from the potential to longevity, or any other feelings.

3BF84E0C-E4FB-4A8A-8AD1-0871CEFFECB3.jpeg

608E291D-B9C6-4BC2-9CA6-14A91220E538.jpeg

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ... Laughed.    L$6.5K for something that has almost no information on it, and what little information it is appears to have been translated via Google Translate. 

For what it's worth, I had big hips and lips in RL/SL.long before the Kardashians. 😄😄

If people really want to look like a banjo with boobs and legs they already have at least two options that are well supported and one is considerably cheaper.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, forbittenapple said:

Hey, everyone!

For everyone who hadn’t known, there is a new body called MIRANA out on the marketplace and in the MIRANA Industries’ inworld store. Still in it’s beta version til New Years, I’m curious to know how different people feel about the MIRANA body and/or new and upcoming bodies, ranging from the potential to longevity, or any other feelings.

If people really want to look like a banjo with boobs and legs they already have at least two options that are well supported and one is considerably cheaper.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, well that’s one way to look at it 😅. Although, your characterization of bodies seem pretty air right. Personally, this is the only body I know with realistic looking hips (and butt), as you can create variation and dips if it’s what you prefer, which debunks the “bango” element of your hind sighted criticism. On other bodies that have tried, the hips end up looking like brick walls with butts similar to that of bad ass shots when the saddles are increased. I’m glad for your opinion though.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, forbittenapple said:

Hey, everyone!

For everyone who hadn’t known, there is a new body called MIRANA out on the marketplace and in the MIRANA Industries’ inworld store. Still in it’s beta version til New Years, I’m curious to know how different people feel about the MIRANA body and/or new and upcoming bodies, ranging from the potential to longevity, or any other feelings.

3BF84E0C-E4FB-4A8A-8AD1-0871CEFFECB3.jpeg

608E291D-B9C6-4BC2-9CA6-14A91220E538.jpeg

The first thing I noticed was that it's NOT BOM. Unless the ad is wrong, the price says 3900L until BOM release.  Personally, unless it's something earthshakingly new and improved over ALL other bodies, why change?  Kupra is filling a niche and there is some support from clothing creators for it but not nearly enough.  It could possibly entice some belleza owners who are looking for something new and updated.  I guess time will tell.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The price is absolutely ridiculous, especially for a "beta" product, imo, and while I am certain my opinion on that matter doesn't mean squat, $6500 is excessive, even the $3900 (only for group members, and only temporary) is a bit much for untested territory (and it's not tested across the market, ftr, support is very limited among creators and most reasonable people won't shell that much out for something with little apparel support). I'm guessing the pricepoint is what it is because the creator needs the funds to improve it, rather than because the product is worth it  I agree with a previous poster that it's far more banjo shaped than any other mesh body I have seen, and I've seen them all (even though I hate shopping, I help other people shop all the time, this, is very much NOT a desired shape, people put in a lot of time to eliminate this look, lol). Your desires may vary, but I don't think most other people's will vary all that much. Unrealistic body shapes with odd proportions like that are more of a niche, especially now, than they have ever been. They exist, sure, but they're still a niche market. 

You need deformers to actually get much of a butt, otherwise you are stuck with built in saddle bags that encompass most of the upper thigh, rather than just part of it where they actually sit, hips that don't match the saddles (they're almost nonexistent actually, even when adjusted using shapes), and a butt that isn't all that matching either. It's definitely not "more realistic" looking in the hips at all than any other mesh body, it's less so, because the proportions are off and it's seemingnly not rigged to have the hips where hips actually go, even when you can modify certain bits with your own shape. It's a bit off in too many aspects still for it to be even half priced beta, much less full priced.

I'm not sure why you'd ask for opinions than shirk any that disagree with you, but, if it makes ya feel good, why not. Some folks may like it,  a lot more won't (and don't from my experience), but that has most certainly never been a defining point for anything that has ever been created in sl. I won't begrudge those who like it, whether or not it's my style, but I haven't found anyone yet who does like it r even even really find clothing/skin that's properly, and fully, compatible.

I also have issues with some of the reviews which read like....well....not real when they all read way too similar in verbiage and the inworld experiences I have read definitely don't match up with the review experiences listed, lmao. But that has nothing to do with the product and more of a suspicion about some of the folks reviewing it and their relationship with the creator. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tari Landar

 

I do agree with you on the price, but you mistake me if you think I expect everyone to like the body. I wanted to point out that the “hips” shouldn’t hold any negative bearing to the quality of the product because that would be hypocritical of all the other bodies that are accustomed with surplus hourglass figures like BBL or KUPRA. And it’s funny to me that the shape is even argued about, seeing as there are sliders for the waist and hips if you don’t like that sort of shape. But, I digress. Thanks for your opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Unless the ad is wrong, the price says 3900L until BOM release. 

The L$3900 is only inworld for group members, if you thought TMP Legacy was overpriced rubbish at L$5000+ Mirana is worse it costs L$6500 on the marketplace. Unless it's compatible with existing body rigs it doesn't have much if any chance of making it in a saturated body market. I've been aware of the body for many months. one review says it doesn't use the SLUV so seems like a waste of time making it BoM if existing content wont work i've also never seen any dedicated rigs and it's been out longer than the Kupra body that i'm seeing regularly on the weekend sales

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The price and the fact that it’s not BoM make me look the other way. I’d demo it, but Kupra just came out, so there might be a little body fatigue at play. So I wouldn’t rush to try it out.
 

They’d probably do better if it had a lower than average promo price too. 3990 is kinda high for a body nobody’s heard of.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The L$3900 is only inworld for group members, if you thought TMP Legacy was overpriced rubbish at L$5000+ Mirana is worse it costs L$6500 on the marketplace. Unless it's compatible with existing body rigs it doesn't have much if any chance of making it in a saturated body market. I've been aware of the body for many months. one review says it doesn't use the SLUV so seems like a waste of time making it BoM if existing content wont work i've also never seen any dedicated rigs and it's been out longer than the Kupra body that i'm seeing regularly on the weekend sales

Yikes!  6500L for a body that I have yet to see clothes for?  Guess we'll be hearing from some people soon asking if anyone knows where to buy clothes for it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was interesting that all the reviews were on the DEMO and not the actual body ^^.   I really can't imagine someone buying this with virtually no clothing available (at least I haven't seen any) and no BOM  -- AND apparently no real reason to assume BOM will happen  -- although Lelutka doesn't conform to the standard and most things still work).   

Any sane person LOL who doesn't have an obsession  to spend money would WAIT a few months and see how things go. It could be good with clothing support or the brand could be gone.   Just my opinion. I am not looking for a new body. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! I’m happy people are having conversation. I feel like my perspective is so uncanny since I plan to make clothes for this body in the near future. And yes, people certainly are buying the body at it’s promotional price, haha. I wavered on all the aspects and it’s more like a business venture to me in the end. Genuinely, I do like the body, but the rush of consumers with high-demand marketing and many eyes on it (for negative or positive reasons), it seems like the perfect investment. It will be interesting to see how everything pans out. The upcoming body will be BOM compatible, and come with many other features to enhance customization.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Yikes!  6500L for a body that I have yet to see clothes for?  Guess we'll be hearing from some people soon asking if anyone knows where to buy clothes for it.

If the marketplace is anything to go by excluding the body and all the products people have named Mirana there is precisely bo diddly available for it. I feel a case of a fool and their money coming along if anyone does buy the full body and nothing that already exists can be worn on it

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't had anything better to do and can't sleep because of all the new year fireworks going around here, so I gave demo a go. Very odd body, from the shape and HUD to text. Alfa, neils? Right...

It says that it'll be BoM on the full release, but considering it doesn't use standard SLUV, it won't help with old skins or anything else really, I assume a BoM tattoo will also look very off if it has a different UV.

Ankles are very weird, so are hands. And in my opinion it just doesn't look good compared to other bodies, even much older ones like Freya. But that's most likely because it's actually very light on triangles, body itself was something like 25k, feet+hands another 60k. It does reminds me of those "full mesh avatars" from the MP before modern mesh bodies and heads became a thing. Even the price is what I remember some of those "super realistic avatars" had.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forbittenapple said:

@Tari Landar

 

 I wanted to point out that the “hips” shouldn’t hold any negative bearing to the quality of the product because that would be hypocritical of all the other bodies that are accustomed with surplus hourglass figures like BBL or KUPRA. And it’s funny to me that the shape is even argued about, seeing as there are sliders for the waist and hips if you don’t like that sort of shape. But, I digress. Thanks for your opinion.

The hips on this body don't actually sit where human body hips sit. No amount of changing the shape will fix this. It's simply how it's made. I do agree that some other bodies also don't do the greatest job at it either, but you asked about this one, and even the ones I think are slightly off aren't THIS far off, lol. It has built in saddles in places where saddles don't belong, too. I suspect it's a rigging thing (as in, it is rigged to bones oddly). But that doesn't mean SOMEONE out there doesn't like it, I'm sure someone does. I have yet to find that person, but I'm sure they exist :) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If the marketplace is anything to go by excluding the body and all the products people have named Mirana there is precisely bo diddly available for it. I feel a case of a fool and their money coming along if anyone does buy the full body and nothing that already exists can be worn on it

Do they at least include some underwear so you can step outside without being arrested?

 

8 minutes ago, forbittenapple said:

Wow! I’m happy people are having conversation. I feel like my perspective is so uncanny since I plan to make clothes for this body in the near future. And yes, people certainly are buying the body at it’s promotional price, haha. I wavered on all the aspects and it’s more like a business venture to me in the end. Genuinely, I do like the body, but the rush of consumers with high-demand marketing and many eyes on it (for negative or positive reasons), it seems like the perfect investment. It will be interesting to see how everything pans out. The upcoming body will be BOM compatible, and come with many other features to enhance customization.

as has been already mentioned, Kupra has been out a shorter amount of time and already has more things available every day.  There doesn't seem to be anything special enough about this body to make an impact on the existing mesh body market.  I'm not saying people won't buy it but they may soon go back to better supported bodies.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

@RowanMinx Lol! Yes, they do include underwear. And yes, you have a point about the Kupra Body, but even then, it’s not just the Kupra body that got it the attention it got, it was through leaps of faith, social media, and, would you look at that, clothes being made for it. Me, personally, I got quite fed up at the skin-tight and short-short everything niche of the Kupra Body. Even then, seems impossible to step outside without being arrested, lmao. I hold my maitreya to a challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, forbittenapple said:

Once again, I digress.

Normally, I’d say this forum isn’t the right place to even ask about a curvy body, but everyone’s criticisms are pretty valid.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

At first glance I thought it was Legacy.  At second glance, I still think it's Legacy.  They look the same to me.

At 6.5K with no clothing, no.  

I'd like a slimmer body, however, in order to have shorter thin shapes.

There are so many bodies already like this.  Kim Kardashian I am sick of.  It's been Kim, Kim, Kim for over 3 years since I started SL but without me.  My lips are petite as is the rest of my avatar.  I have a different view of looking pretty other than a Kardasian.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, forbittenapple said:

@RowanMinx Lol! Yes, they do include underwear. And yes, you have a point about the Kupra Body, but even then, it’s not just the Kupra body that got it the attention it got, it was through leaps of faith, social media, and, would you look at that, clothes being made for it. Me, personally, I got quite fed up at the skin-tight and short-short everything niche of the Kupra Body. Even then, seems impossible to step outside without being arrested, lmao. I hold my maitreya to a challenge.

The thing with Kupra is that they were already a well establish brand for years before it came out.  I'm sure a lot of buyers were people who had used Sking and may have switched to Kupra as it was new and shiny.  A well established brand has an easier time launching something new and having the support of creators.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Normally, I’d say this forum isn’t the right place to even ask about a curvy body, but everyone’s criticisms are pretty valid.

This forum and curvy body....I don't get that unless other's are sick of the Kardashian mania that is a huge majority part of Second Life.  I'd like mesh heads with smaller lips so we can actually have some variety in looks for SL other than Kardashian lips.  Make something that is lacking in SL.  This kind of curvy giant hips thing there's already tons of.  I don't want giant hips nor to look like a Kardashian in any way.  I am petite in real life.  I saw that Kardashian show once in my entire life but was resting on a friend's bed and dozing off or I would never have seen it.   But, I have bought enough makeup in real life to know how the Kardashian lip took over the lipstick industry and other parts of the cosmetic industry.  In the makeup industry it's Kardashian, Karhashian, Kardashian...ad nauseum.  I don't even think they are that attractive.  I think Marilyn Monroe may have been the most beautiful women I've ever seen...but something else was inside Marilyn Monroe that made her that beautiful, I think.  Monroe had an inner beauty and it radiated.  Kardashian's blah.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

This forum and curvy body....I don't get that unless other's are sick of the Kardashian mania that is a huge majority part of Second Life.  I'd like mesh heads with smaller lips so we can actually have some variety in looks for SL other than Kardashian lips.  Make something that is lacking in SL.  This kind of curvy giant hips thing there's already tons of.  I don't want giant hips nor to look like a Kardashian in any way.  I am petite in real life.  I saw that Kardashian show once in my entire life but was resting on a friend's bed and dozing off or I would never have seen it.   But, I have bought enough makeup in real life to know how the Kardashian lip took over the lipstick industry and other parts of the cosmetic industry.  In the makeup industry it's Kardashian, Karhashian, Kardashian...ad nauseum.  I don't even think they are that attractive.  I think Marilyn Monroe may have been the most beautiful women I've ever seen...but something else was inside Marilyn Monroe that made her that beautiful, I think.  Monroe had an inner beauty and it radiated.  Kardashian's blah.  

Just a little perspective on SL vs. RL sizes as webmd.com says... Today, the average American woman is 5’4″, has a waist size of 34-35 inches and weighs between 140-150 lbs, with a dress size of 12-14.   So the average woman would be short and curvy.  I'm guessing this is partly the reasoning behind curvier avatars in SL and not the Kardashian's.  Are they even relevant anymore?  I've never watched the show either nor have any desire to.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...