Any thoughts on the MIRANA body? Or new and upcoming bodies at that?

forbittenapple

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

And, no there aren't many heads with smaller lips as you said above.  However, one did just come out now and it's one of Lelutka's new heads I just saw yesterday.

You do realize all these head are editable?  You can, if you're skilled, make the lips as thin as you'd like?  Because some people choose to have fuller lips does not mean it has anything whatsoever to do with the Kardashian's ffs so stop that.  As @Un33said, it's rather demeaning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

You do realize all these head are editable?  You can, if you're skilled, make the lips as thin as you'd like?  Because some people choose to have fuller lips does not mean it has anything whatsoever to do with the Kardashian's ffs so stop that.  As @Un33said, it's rather demeaning.

Of course they are editable but then the teeth may not sit right nor the animations work right.  I have been making as small of lips as possible but then I HAVE TO use the static head and still with smaller lips you may need to squash the head and then pull the chin up and that means hairs may not fit.  So, then you have the rigged hairs and have to adjust your head to fit the hair and so that blows the whole trying to adjust the head for thinner lips.  It's not as easy as it sounds.

But, Lelutka did just come out with a thin lip head.  I saw it yesterday and I am going to try it.  Heads are partial modify, they aren't full modify as the teeth have to sit somewhere.  

What I'm saying is I have to use the static head and have no teeth as the teeth can and do protrude (break through) the mesh if one wants smaller lips.  The teeth are not moveable.  So, that's left me with static head, no teeth and no animations as if you try to re-arrange the face for smaller lips, the smile is way weird let alone using any of the other animations besides blink.  

However, Lelutka just came out with a thin lip head.  I'm excited to try it.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Of course they are editable but then the teeth may not sit right nor the animations work right.  I have been making as small of lips as possible but then I HAVE TO use the static head and still with smaller lips you may need to squash the head and then pull the chin up and that means hairs may not fit.  So, then you have the rigged hairs and have to adjust your head to fit the hair and so that blows the whole trying to adjust the head for thinner lips.  It's not as easy as it sounds.

But, Lelutka did just come out with a thin lip head.  I saw it yesterday and I am going to try it.  Heads are partial modify, they aren't full modify as the teeth have to sit somewhere.  

What I'm saying is I have to use the static head and have no teeth as the teeth can and do protrude (break through) the mesh if one wants smaller lips.  The teeth are not moveable.  So, that's left me with static head, no teeth and no animations as if you try to re-arrange the face for smaller lips, the smile is way weird let alone using any of the other animations besides blink.  

However, Lelutka just came out with a thin lip head.  I'm excited to try it.  

That isn't  true at all. I've used Lelutka heads for a long while now and I have managed to thin the lips down considerably. No animation woes. I'm not sure what settings you've used to cause that. o.O It's very weird.

and to re-empathize what others have said: Fuller lips are not the sole creation of the Kardashians. People have been born with fuller/bigger lips since there have been humans.

___
As for the body it's self..  That price point the typos, etc   don't really impress me much. Espically as there are far more popular,  cheaper bodies that have the same result but with more support. I wouldn't really use it for an  femme alt.

That said, I hope to see more fuller/curvier and chubby avatars with support soon. More body types is always a bonus!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robin Kiyori said:

and I have managed to thin the lips down considerably.

See, this says a lot because it's true.  I do not see speaking about "the Kardashian lip" as demeaning.  That is what it is called in the cosmetics world and it's been everywhere and I mean everywhere.  SL just needs more variety.  Chubby as you say Robin is needed too but I'd like super model thin like Kate Moss.    

I am new to Lelutka.  I bought AIDA for the Black Friday sales last year at half price.  It's not easy to find a BOM skin that fits the origins line too well.  While I did get a somewhat smaller lip on AIDA, the mouth still did not look good for animes so I turned them off.  I use Catwa mostly but Catya by Catwa has the most versatile shaping - you can see that just by searching for shapes of Catya and how many shapes there are for Catya and one needs to always remember with mesh heads that they are partial modify.  But, I use the static head, no teeth and no animations.  First of all, the teeth are there and are not moveable.  If I make the lips smaller, there are teeth there, so mesh will break and teeth will protrude.  Then, I could take the teeth out on a Catwa head but it looks ridiculous smiling with no teeth.

Anyhow, Lelutka just came with four or five new heads.  The new head with a thin lip line is SASHA.  Though IRINA may have some possibilities.  

EDIT to add:  I also spoke in this thread about what I think the plus could be here and that is a more stable HUD than Legacy.  However, tinting hands and other parts is a big off turn to me for any body, even my dream body of a thin model type.  I never want to go back to tinting parts like I did with Slink...even elf ears are difficult to tint.  I also agree that the price point is too high when there are other bodies like this, not to mention as far as hourglass creator's are leaving that out now.  It's also a bad time to introduce a product with what could be a large economic worldwide downturn.  Lowering prices if you want to sell is a better option, not to mention you have to tint parts.  With having to tint parts to match, it's not worth this price point.

Edited by FairreLilette

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

It's possible but the buttocks on Maitreya is still too big even at 36 wide on the legs.  Oh, many, many people say that we could use one size smaller for Maitreya plus I was speaking about a super model thin type of body with a great bone structure could be fun as we don't have one like that.   Maitreya for smaller, thin or petite is pretty good but many use a butt deformer for their butt to go smaller and there are numerous threads on this forum regarding just that - how can I make my Maitreya butt smaller.  Legs at 40 plus for Maitreya is mostly needed or else the butt sticks out far too much.

I think what it comes down to is choosing to stay with the most popular because you feel like you "need" the body that has the most new clothes at events or as gifts, even when one doesn't like aspects of what is possible or not possible with that body shape, or, choosing one of the other well-known body names that have better possibilities for the type of shape one wants to create. 

If you don't like the buttocks on Maitreya, try Slink Physique or Tonic Fine.  I have all 3 bodies, and have found Physique to be the best for creating the slim shape aesthetic that I prefer, so that is the body I use almost all of the time (with Tonic Fine being the one I use when I don't use Slink).  I haven't felt deprived in the ability to find clothes in styles that I like, even from some of the original mesh creators.

Like most things in life, it's a trade-off, where you need to choose the option that is the most important to you.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I think what it comes down to is choosing to stay with the most popular because you feel like you "need" the body that has the most new clothes at events or as gifts, even when one doesn't like aspects of what is possible or not possible with that body shape, or, choosing one of the other well-known body names that have better possibilities for the type of shape one wants to create. 

If you don't like the buttocks on Maitreya, try Slink Physique or Tonic Fine.  I have all 3 bodies, and have found Physique to be the best for creating the slim shape aesthetic that I prefer, so that is the body I use almost all of the time (with Tonic Fine being the one I use when I don't use Slink).  I haven't felt deprived in the ability to find clothes in styles that I like, even from some of the original mesh creators.

Like most things in life, it's a trade-off, where you need to choose the option that is the most important to you.  

I'll have a look.  I do love that just about every clothing maker has Maitreya.  That's been one of the biggest selling points for me as what I want to do is not to make a human necessarily but perhaps more like old wooden dolls so I'm going to need some unique "doll" type clothing and there are many like that for Maitreya.  I will be making old wood looking BOM skins soon.  I also love what Maitreya did with the Petite add-on which I bought for 299L at her half price sale not too long ago.  But, many of us are saying, we love the petite BUT the butt is too big.  So deformers are what we have now for smaller Maitreya butt.  Even if Maitreya came out with a deformer for the butt, I'd think all new clothes would need to be made.  Creator's are scaling back.  Economies globally could have some difficult headwinds ahead.  It's all a we'll see for me as far as spending in SL.  Sales sure.  Prices as they are now...no, not much.  I build so I have more inexpensive things I can do with my time - like making textures.  I'm cautious with money right now as spending takes confidence in the economy to spend.   

6 minutes ago, nyahrou said:

Maybe I'm just a noob but I don't get why there's need for so many bodies...most everything is made for maitreya anyways.

If the current bodies could all be optimized as far as rendering goes, I think 99% of the people would be happy with the ones already available.  

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

If the current bodies could all be optimized as far as rendering goes, I think 99% of the people would be happy with the ones already available.  

Pretty much this, I don't get it

I only own slink hg and mait, and as much as i love slink's shape i just stick with mait because of the clothing options available

by rendering, is that an issue that could be fixed by the creators updating the current bodies or is it more complicated than that? i don't use sl too much, i kinda just come and go in waves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nyahrou said:

Pretty much this, I don't get it

I only own slink hg and mait, and as much as i love slink's shape i just stick with mait because of the clothing options available

by rendering, is that an issue that could be fixed by the creators updating the current bodies or is it more complicated than that? i don't use sl too much, i kinda just come and go in waves

It has to do with triangles and stuff that I admit, I don't pay much attention to.  Legacy, the one I currently wear, being one of the worst.  I imagine it would be a major update.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow. Firstly let me say I just discovered this body inworld and I absolutely love it. I found this thread by chance. That body is stunning, it's so realistic. It's not barbie dollish like some of these bodies, especially curvier ones. However I'm so disappointed to see that the developers haven't done anything with it in what looks like two years. I went to the mainstore today, to purchase it and to my shock there's only 4 creators supporting this? That's insane to me, considering the quality of the body. What also annoyed me is the fact that none of the spelling errors have been fixed on the ad and the landmarks for these shops that carry compatiable clothing are outdated. One of them took me to someones house which had a load of sex pictures on the walls.

What a shame for such an amazing body! Don't these people realize they are loosing valuable sales?

4 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Considering no one has talked about it in two years, I think it's safe to say it's a bit of a flop and they're probably not losing many sales. 

True but compared to some of these other bodies which are mainstream and popular, this puts them some of them to shame. It's difficult to find a curvier body with breasts that look natural. I love the customizability of this one too. Guess I will continue my search!

22 minutes ago, AvaMarieHighmist said:

Wow. Firstly let me say I just discovered this body inworld and I absolutely love it. I found this thread by chance. That body is stunning, it's so realistic. It's not barbie dollish like some of these bodies, especially curvier ones. However I'm so disappointed to see that the developers haven't done anything with it in what looks like two years. I went to the mainstore today, to purchase it and to my shock there's only 4 creators supporting this? That's insane to me, considering the quality of the body. What also annoyed me is the fact that none of the spelling errors have been fixed on the ad and the landmarks for these shops that carry compatiable clothing are outdated. One of them took me to someones house which had a load of sex pictures on the walls.

What a shame for such an amazing body! Don't these people realize they are loosing valuable sales?

You can adjust your shape to make bodies look less Barbie-like. If you want plenty of skins & clothing, you'll have to use a body that is more popular. Maitreya Lara - classic or X, Legacy and Reborn are the most popular mesh bodies right now. LucyBody Atenea is a very good inexpensive alternative to Maitreya classic. The Erika, GenX and Kupra bodies have some skin and clothing support for curvier bodies other than Reborn or Legacy. 

Erika & GenX are on sale now, if you want to give them a demo.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AvaMarieHighmist said:

True but compared to some of these other bodies which are mainstream and popular, this puts them some of them to shame. It's difficult to find a curvier body with breasts that look natural. I love the customizability of this one too. Guess I will continue my search!

The Waifu add on for Reborn is the most natural breast shape I've seen that is actually widely supported by creators.

• Like 6

That store hasn't changed since the day the body came out back in 2020, that i can see anyways.. hehehe

The body hasn't either.. It's still on the same exact version as day one.. I got it for an alt back then..

I liked a couple of things on it, but as far as even the creator doing anything after that..  Not a thing that I can tell..

Just a lot of fluff  of things to come and zero delivery.. 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AvaMarieHighmist said:

True but compared to some of these other bodies which are mainstream and popular, this puts them some of them to shame.

It really doesn't matter how good or bad a given body is at this point. We're way past market saturation on these things and getting people to switch to something new is a beast of a task.

Think of all the things you need to rebuy anytime you switch bodies.

To get people to switch you need to get them to justify some expensive costs and accept "shelfing" a lot of content they've paid for.

Most of the time, it's just not worth it. The only time we see major shifts in what people use seem to be timed around major technology changes:

sculpty -> mesh -> rigged mesh -> bento -> bom -> some major fix to other body parts like the neck join fix that happened a few years ago (which put one of the last nails in belleza freya's coffin).

If for some reason PBR completely broke all of our existing content, which we already know won't happen; then new content would have a chance. As far as I know there's no other major technology 'in the pipeline' right now. So what we have for supported bodies is almost surely what we will have for the foreseeable future.

I'm very happy with my Legacy body because of how responsive it is to the sliders. You can squeeze an astonishingly wide range of shapes out of it. Also, if you switched from Lara you'll pretty quickly discover that it has more natural contours and is far less likely to distort during animations. Kiss shoulders that look like pipes coming out of the wall goodbye lol. However, I don't spend much time naked in SL so really the biggest concern for me is breadth of clothing, and with the deformers that came with the body much of my old Lara clothing is still usable.

I really don't understand Maitreya releasing a new body without deformers that allow it to wear clothes from the original Lara body. That would grease the adoption curve. I picked mine up because it was free to existing Lara owners but I've not even unpacked it yet, and won't until I hear someone singing it's praises. Most of my friends are "Meh. It's ok."

IMG_1234.png.0b9c0be4459b359f090db43583dc7ce7.png

And all of them cost too much money.

Every time I see some of the bodies sold it’s questionable why they’re so expensive when the whole idea is to get people to buy into a closed ecosystem. The reason game consoles are so cheap relative to their hardware is because they want you to buy games. Games are extremely cheap products or if digital, pure profit.

So I always imagined the idea behind bodies was to make a cheap, feature rich body, and then that ties people in to spend money on the clothes and other accessories. Yet for some reason the bodies are the most expensive part by a lot.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gwynchisholm said:

Every time I see some of the bodies sold it’s questionable why they’re so expensive when the whole idea is to get people to buy into a closed ecosystem.

I think you have the idea a little backwards. The body creator only gets the sale of the body once. It doesn't matter to them if you're entirely bought into their ecosystem or if you wear it for a day and never put it on again. They get a single purchase per user (or maybe two or three, if they sell add-ons) to make their money. The creator can design clothing for their bodies, of course, but the vast majority of what users purchase for that body doesn't make the original creator any profit. When you have a limited pool of potential users and you're making a single sale of a product which will require support and updates going forward, selling the body for super cheap doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I think you have the idea a little backwards. The body creator only gets the sale of the body once. It doesn't matter to them if you're entirely bought into their ecosystem or if you wear it for a day and never put it on again. They get a single purchase per user (or maybe two or three, if they sell add-ons) to make their money. The creator can design clothing for their bodies, of course, but the vast majority of what users purchase for that body doesn't make the original creator any profit. When you have a limited pool of potential users and you're making a single sale of a product which will require support and updates going forward, selling the body for super cheap doesn't make sense.

Besides, you could have a popular mesh body for what some creators charge for a fatpack of panties and a tank top.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

7 hours ago, Thecla said:

I really don't understand Maitreya releasing a new body without deformers that allow it to wear clothes from the original Lara body. That would grease the adoption curve. I picked mine up because it was free to existing Lara owners but I've not even unpacked it yet, and won't until I hear someone singing it's praises. Most of my friends are "Meh. It's ok."

"Deformers" as the term is generally used mean objects that play animations that adjust avatar bones constantly. They wouldn't work to make Lara clothes work on a LaraX body because the deformer would deform the clothes in the same way. Really, every rigged mesh you wear has no idea about any other rigged mesh you're wearing.

"Deformers" as the term the people behind the Legacy body used it were actually separate, differently shaped sections of mesh. Maitreya provides a perfect "deformer" using this definition by including the original Lara body with the LaraX package. The only other thing they could have done was provide separate upper and lower halves and they'd probably have to meet at the waist, which is one of the wonkiest parts of the original Lara body

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.