The nightmare of the White Knight.

Ted McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh , yes I did. Come forward and speak out : the terror of the white knight in these forums. Since I'm under accusation ( *shrug* ) I thought we' d just spit it all out in here. Thread will probably not last one page or will eat up all availiable space. Use all you got : words, flames, rants, tirades and have a go at it. The suffering of the crowds in here while they mass post will finally be heard !

Or not.

But here :  you full go at her, me or anything else you' d like to mention.

Edited by TDD123
Speeling
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nice.

Just when I was saying to someone how unusually pleasant and fun the GD seemed today.

Because I want to have it out in the open. So others threads perhaps have more chance of survival.

Isn' t it about time ?

Oh .. and thank you. At least someone noticed what I was trying to achieve.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Some of us have reconsidered our approach, so maybe that’s good news?

There' s a certain deep level resentment here NOT to gang up on individuals. That' s a general problem in here. It also seems to divide the forums in a way that discussion seems rampant about the subject but only leads to deleted threads.

We should face that problem.

Were the deleted threads worth it ?

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

So..this thread is against an individual who is being accused of being a "White Knight".  Right?  

Or, is this thread against "White Knightism" in general?

The previous, not the latter indeed.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Oh , yes I did. Come forward and speak out : the terror of the white knight in these forums. Since I'm under accusation ( *shrug* ) I thought we' d just spit it all out in here. Thread will probably not last one page or will eat up all availiable space. Use all you got : words, flames, rants, tirades and have a go at it. The suffering of the crowds in here while they mass post will finally be heard !

Or not.

But here :  you full go at her, me or anything else you' d like to mention.

WTF_cat.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Why on earth would anyone think this is a good idea?  This is not how you get someone to stop acting badly. This is just dramamongering.

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

WTF_cat.jpg

I don' t want change.

I am aiming for improvement. Perhaps for you a bad idea, but I think it' s essential to be discussed. If the thread survives it will be spoken out like it should. If it doesn' t it will be another example of a thread gone wrong, because the community prefers it that way

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I don' t want change.

I am aiming for improvement. Perhaps for you a bad idea, but I think it' s essential to be discussed. If the thread survives it will be spoken out like it should. If it doesn' t it will be another example of a thread gone wrong, because the community prefers it that way

Yeah. Not gonna happen. LL doesn't care how many people she runs off the forum.

• Like 4

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yeah. Not gonna happen. LL doesn't care how many people she runs off the forum.

Wait .. who' s gone where ? It' s still happening here ; Luna can' t be monologuing ALL the time ? Why the many replies from many directions ? It' s only her ? And only me siding with her on the subject of ganging up on individuals ?

The ' rest'  is simply gone now ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

There' s a certain deep level resentment here NOT to gang up on individuals. That' s a general problem in here. It also seems to divide the forums in a way that discussion seems rampant about the subject but only leads to deleted threads.

We should face that problem.

I spoke about this yesterday in that I don’t think that it’s a ganging up so much as a gathering of individual replies, sometimes it escalates to a certain degree but I think that may be just in the nature of the medium, and not a form of bullying. My two cents anyway. I’ve completely agreed with several people who have also agreed with others in calling someone out on what is well-documented bad behavior - often admitted by the person committing the behavior even...and none of it was orchestrated, none of it was premeditated, but we all came to the same independent conclusion. That’s a general social behavior and not a form of bullying. When someone’s behavior affects others, they have the right to say some thing about it. If the behavior affects a bunch of people then there’s going to be a bunch of people having something to say about it. Still not bullying. So white knighting is uncalled for in these cases.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I spoke about this yesterday in that I don’t think that it’s a ganging up so much as a gathering of individual replies, sometimes it escalates to a certain degree but I think that may be just in the nature of the medium, and not a form of bullying. My two cents anyway. I’ve completely agreed with several people who have also agreed with others in calling someone out on what is well-documented bad behavior - often admitted by the person committing the behavior even...and none of it was orchestrated, none of it was premeditated, but we all came to the same independent conclusion. That’s a general social behavior and not a form of bullying. When someone’s behavior affects others, they have the right to say some thing about it. If the behavior affects a bunch of people then there’s going to be a bunch of people having something to say about it. Still not bullying. So white knighting is uncalled for in these cases.

THIS^^^^  100%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’ve completely agreed with several people who have also agreed with others in calling someone out on what is well-documented bad behavior - often admitted by the person committing the behavior even...and none of it was orchestrated, none of it was premeditated, but we all came to the same independent conclusion.

Sounds like an "intervention"!

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.