Favorite or Least Favorite Holiday Song or Movie

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lot's of good stuff posted already though this would have to be a favourite for me

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I really like the Mariah Carey song. Actually, I think its the best Xmas song of all time, except the one by Wizard!

Not Wizard, when i was a kid i got a chocolate selection box with a cassette tape in it, Wizard on one side David Essex on the other played that tape so much i now really dislike hearing the Wizard one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Not Wizard, when i was a kid i got a chocolate selection box with a cassette tape in it, Wizard on one side David Essex on the other played that tape so much i now really dislike hearing the Wizard one

Fair enough! Would probably be bad if Wizard had their wish and it WAS Xmas every day... we'd all be sick of it after a week...:)

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2

My favourite is this one. I used to sing it in church when I was a wee lil' thing. Steeleye Span had a hit with it here in the early 70s but I like this one, which is livelier than Steeleye Span's version (and they pronounce the Latin properly)

Least favourite is probably John Lennon "So This is Christmas". Mainly because of Yoko's screeching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a few faves that haven't been mentioned yet but this is my top one.

Shout-outs to Jonah Lewie "Stop the Cavalry", The Pretenders "2000 miles" and Kate Bush "December will be magic again". 

One I hate...? You mean aside from Mariah Carey? I think the one that annoys me the most is Wizzard "I wish it could be Christmas every day". The song itself is okay but it's annoying because I can't think of anything worse than Christmas every day. Once a year is more than enough.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:37 AM, RowanMinx said:

Reading another thread this morning got me thinking about what would be my most or least favorite holiday song.  I can't think of a least favorite at the moment but one I love best is this one

actually one of my favorite christmas songs ever.

• Like 1

My favourite today is a hymn I loved as a child.  At the time I thought it complex and beautiful but was unaware of the underlying old Advent hymn 'Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern' which the choir sing as accompaniment to the soloist.  A very rich piece indeed.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.