Is there a way to ignore thread? (and undo a misclick)

Eddy Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1) Is there a way to ignore or block specific threads like you would put someone on your ignore list?  Apparently the "Mark site read" is not that function as it marks the whole forum as read instead, which I do not want.

2) Is there a way to undo the "Mark site read" after clicking by mistake?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

1) Is there a way to ignore or block specific threads like you would put someone on your ignore list?  Apparently the "Mark site read" is not that function as it marks the whole forum as read instead, which I do not want.

Unfortunately --- No and No

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Just scroll past them? I mean, its not that hard.. LL doesnt force you to read every thread..

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

even if you were to ignore a thread, if you are mentioned in it or had posted in it and someone quotes you, you would still see it. just like you cant ignore or block the forum reactions from showing up.

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Just scroll past them? I mean, its not that hard.. LL doesnt force you to read every thread..

Yes, I am aware of that method. I was hoping for way to give my scroll wheel a rest every time that cursed spam thread keeps popping up to the front of the line.

10 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

An option to ignore/mute threads would be a most handy feature!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

There isn't a specific ignore button provided but you can ignore a thread/customize the website by using your browser (plugins).

For example you can use Ublock to remove the community threads that you are not interested in by using cosmetic filters.
Let's say you don't want to see ever again What are some more of your pet peeves?
Open Ublock as shown in the photo, click My Filters and write the following rule  community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(What are some more of your pet peeves?)
Click Apply changes, go back and refresh page, from now on that thread is ghosted.
(This rule is only for threads , don't use it to remove other stuff such as users, panels etc. Those need different commands.)

duRuige.gif
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

What spam thread? The mods delete Spam threads pretty quick. 

It would serve no purpose to call out the thread and person in this case. In addition, it's against the forum rules to name and shame.

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

probably the one mentioned in nicks example or one of the other game threads that get spammed basically.

Nope, definitely not that one nor any of the game threads.

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It would serve no purpose to call out the thread and person in this case. In addition, it's against the forum rules to name and shame.

Nope, definitely not that one nor any of the game threads.

So, its a thread that has a lot of replies and is popular... Thats not spam.. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Yep exactly. And not liking a thread doesn't make it spam either.

Now I want to know exactly which thread it is.  This is something we need to see for ourselves if it's spam or not. Come on, Eddy, throw us a bone! Give us a hint!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Yep exactly. And not liking a thread doesn't make it spam either.

Of course but something doesn't have to be spam to be ignored or a user isn't necessarily a troll.
For example i have specific categories removed that i would never read regardless what is posted there. Simply not interested.

community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(for Sale: Mainland)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Inworld Employment)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Region Rentals)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Regions for Sale)

In a similar way have removed the forum right side panel, specific users etc.
Everything (photos,threads,posts,users) is just online content and is customized according to personal preference.
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 6:33 PM, Nick0678 said:
Of course but something doesn't have to be spam to be ignored or a user isn't necessarily a troll.
For example i have specific categories removed that i would never read regardless what is posted there. Simply not interested.

community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(for Sale: Mainland)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Inworld Employment)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Region Rentals)
community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(Regions for Sale)

In a similar way have removed the forum right side panel, specific users etc.
Everything (photos,threads,posts,users) is just online content and is customized according to personal preference.

You're absolutely right. And ignoring is the best way. I've observed some who declare their hatred for certain threads but instead of just ignoring them or staying out of them, they persistently post in them, which is such contradictory behaviour. Threads I don't like, others might. We all like different things. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

I've observed some who declare their hatred for certain threads but instead of just ignoring them or staying out of them, they persistently post in them, which is such contradictory behaviour

This!  Almost called someone out for that this morning but they aren't worth my time so I scrolled on by.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

I've observed some who declare their hatred for certain threads but instead of just ignoring them or staying out of them, they persistently post in them, which is such contradictory behaviour.

Well we all have different personalities and reactions so we set different priorities. Mine is to make a nice warm cup of coffee now that it's winter in my country and relax at my desk to read only selected content (specific threads) and peoples comments that i find interesting and somehow worthy of my attention, doesn't mater if we agree or not, so reading everything and especially someone's comments that i already know i am not interested in is not my fetish.
If others  like to do something different or act in a contradictory way i don't mind , my coffee is still hot and smells great, you know what i mean.
(*i don't know which person you guys are talking about maybe it's in my ghost list or haven't read the thread or whatever)
  • Like 1

I classify threads and people in my mind like cool, idiot, spam, nonsense and so on. And that stays in my mind for obvious reasons. Any spam definitions by other people are completely irrelevant. 😁

I know exactly what I continue to read and what not. Maybe 100 years later I start to forget things and could use some classification help by the forum software. Until then that's not needed. 😎

19 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

There isn't a specific ignore button provided but you can ignore a thread/customize the website by using your browser (plugins).

For example you can use Ublock to remove the community threads that you are not interested in by using cosmetic filters.
Let's say you don't want to see ever again What are some more of your pet peeves?
Open Ublock as shown in the photo, click My Filters and write the following rule  community.secondlife.com##li:has-text(What are some more of your pet peeves?)
Click Apply changes, go back and refresh page, from now on that thread is ghosted.
(This rule is only for threads , don't use it to remove other stuff such as users, panels etc. Those need different commands.)

It's amazing what human ingenuity can come up with.  Thanks, man.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.