Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Try harder Seicher. I got 14.

Thanks for the laugh, and I love a challenge. 

I have made myself a little policy? Rule? If my list gets to 12 I'm out of the forum for, if not forever, a good long while. When you block more people than you read, that pretty much says you're hanging out in the wrong spot.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Thanks for the laugh, and I love a challenge. 

I have made myself a little policy? Rule? If my list gets to 12 I'm out of the forum for, if not forever, a good long while. When you block more people than you read, that pretty much says you're hanging out in the wrong spot.

It sure does, and that's why I don't come here anywhere near as often as I used to. 🖖

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

I just want for it to be Nov 4th already.  We'll either know if this dumpster fire of this clown show will end or descend further into the hellhole.

Things will continue to be a sh**show for a while after election day.  It won't all just stop overnight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Jesus! This is like reading the complete works of Shakespeare, the difference being I can understand some of Shakepeare's stuff! 

Nah. It is like reading the output of a random word generator. Nothing to understand except possibly some therapeutic doses need to be increased. This makes more sense, kittehs!:  (eh! It won't let me upload cuteness!) (not the original cuteness intended, keep getting #200 error, but Taylor and kittens will work)

67ee170ee6ac62d731a38dae2100c7db.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Sheez, this is several PAGES back. I meant to look at it but got :::cough::: side tracked last night.

Oh THAT thread. I remember that thread.

Why does your photo come up on this @Scylla Rhiadra

I wonder if LL has a file folder of screenshots for a variety of uses? Like "Quick! STAT! We need a generic image of a Canadian crackpot political rabblerouser! concerned virtual citizen! To the bat file!" ? Something like that? Maybe?

• Haha 3

Speaking of therapeutic doses, I'm still trying to titrate down from the narcotics I've been on for surgical pain, so I'm blaming that...

Speaking of @Scylla Rhiadra, Taylor Swift and kitties (and we were). When I posted that gif (above) it dawned on me that if we were cats (and who is to say we are not???) Scylla would be the kitty in Taylor's right hand, all calm and Canadian polite n stuff, whereas, yeah, I'm the one in Taylor's left. mew

I probably should be posting as Gigi (Gateau) about now...

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Speaking of therapeutic doses, I'm still trying to titrate down from the narcotics I've been on for surgical pain, so I'm blaming that...

Speaking of @Scylla Rhiadra, Taylor Swift and kitties (and we were). When I posted that gif (above) it dawned on me that if we were cats (and who is to say we are not???) Scylla would be the kitty in Taylor's right hand, all calm and Canadian polite n stuff, whereas, yeah, I'm the one in Taylor's left. mew

Yes. That other avatar (so smart, so kind, so witty!) has it right on her kitty persona. But I ask you this, which kitteh is making Taylor smile and hold back a laugh?

• Sad 1

Therapeutic dose for Trump derangement syndrome, that's how it goes? The authors of the memes of our apocalypse were some sure something, just imagine if even a few well-crafted memes got that kind of amplification behind them. Things would shift at a rate that would be hard to even follow.

Say, I've been thinking-- I'm sorry I created such a scene by being so disagreeable and following the subthread past my first comment. I can see it upset you, and the last thing I intend is to create a disturbance by expressing a minority viewpoint, but I was totally getting in people's faces and should really have just chilled out.

We're at a very strange inflection point for the world. I don't think the United States is willing to go down the path that a very irate powerful sliver of a minority have been steering this ponderously large democracy for. It's all fascinating, especially as a backdrop for my own healing process from spiritual injury.

Anyway, I dropped my early ballot off, it took far longer to deliberate on the judge retention questions than anything else. It was weird seeing so many human beings coming together in one location. What does it all mean? I hope that people go forward with a great deal more determination, less tolerance for the intolerable, more love and bottomless forgiveness for themselves and the people around them, and a woken awareness of the dangerous vulnerable state of our liberal democratic system.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Sheez, this is several PAGES back. I meant to look at it but got :::cough::: side tracked last night.

Oh THAT thread. I remember that thread.

Why does your photo come up on this @Scylla Rhiadra

I wonder if LL has a file folder of screenshots for a variety of uses? Like "Quick! STAT! We need a generic image of a Canadian crackpot political rabblerouser! concerned virtual citizen! To the bat file!" ? Something like that? Maybe?

I think really it’s just a matter of exercising good taste.

Bravo, LL, bravissimo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

If I might be so bold, and with no offence intended . . . it’s maybe a little bit hurtful, perhaps, to continually insinuate that someone is incapable of being difficult? If that is in fact what you are implying?

I can be very difficult, you know, when I want. Just ask my dentist, who says I squirm too much.

So perhaps you might, please, be a little more sensitive in the future? I’d hate to get very cross with you.

PS. The difficult cat is showing off its bum. You don’t want to be that cat, do you, Gigi?

PPS. I have neglected to welcome you back. Welcome back! And I’m delighted you are recovering from whatever ailed you!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I might be so bold, and with no offence intended . . . it’s maybe a little bit hurtful, perhaps, to continually insinuate that someone is incapable of being difficult? If that is in fact what you are implying?

I can be very difficult, you know, when I want. Just ask my dentist, who says I squirm too much.

So perhaps you might, please, be a little more sensitive in the future? I’d hate to get very cross with you.

PS. The difficult cat is showing off its bum. You don’t want to be that cat, do you, Gigi?

PPS. I have neglected to welcome you back. Welcome back! And I’m delighted you are recovering from whatever ailed you!

Canadians being difficult =

polite-protesters.jpg

I thought you knew me better than that. You think I *don't* want to be the kitteh showing off its backside?

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

pffft. I have like 3 pages. I stopped counting after around 25 or 26. 

I suppose I should do some cleaning out but since I'm not here much anymore because of all the political "debates" going on, why bother? ;)

I was just thinking about you. Seriously. 

I thought about you the other day when I told The troll she's a c-word and a gaping, pus-filled wound. :) 

(This is Seicher in her smaller, fuzzier avatar... in case you didn't know.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I was just thinking about you. Seriously. 

I thought about you the other day when I told The troll she's a c-word and a gaping, pus-filled wound. :) 

(This is Seicher in her smaller, fuzzier avatar... in case you didn't know.)

I never forgot. ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This cat has been just fine, ty, but the biped really effed herself up this time. A teeny, tiny umbilical hernia (thanks to a botched laparoscopic procedure) that hasn't caused anyone any problems for over ten years, decided to be an attention whore. About three inches of HER FAVORITE section of small intestines got nabbed and strangled and died. Stoopid hooman had to have emergency surgery and spend about five days at the vet's, where they tried to get her addicted to dilaudid. She has a shiny humongous zipper of staples that runs from breastbone to pubis! It is fun to sharpen my claws on...

Good news: she got a flu shot while there, thus saving a special trip somewhere to get it. Yay!

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Good news: she got a flu shot while there, thus saving a special trip somewhere to get it. Yay!

Well, yes. And I'm happy, of course, that Gigi has a new shiny plaything.

But the real good news is just that you are back, and well -- or at least getting better.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

pffft. I have like 3 pages. I stopped counting after around 25 or 26. 

I suppose I should do some cleaning out but since I'm not here much anymore because of all the political "debates" going on, why bother? ;)

And welcome back, also, Selene!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And welcome back, also, Selene!

Thanks but I'm not really back. I just put the avatar image back (Mercy Thompson) because I saw Anne say she missed seeing it and gave her a copy of the image. 

I do pop in from time to time to play catch up but as far as posting, I've pretty much lost interest in trying to dodge around all the political crap on the forum that I get more than enough of in real life. I've been sick of, and fed up with, the political mudslinging between candidates and/or individuals for decades.  Mudslinging is a surefire way of losing my vote. I have been known to write in characters like Snoopy and Woodstock, Mr Gaspipe, etc.

BYzcPPnCEAAv7o4.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/13/2020 at 10:38 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:
On 10/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, Luna Bliss said:

Is there discussion in Canada what just might spread north should the US devolve into utter chaos? Are there fears?

Yes, there have been some fairly well-publicized discussions at the federal and provincial levels here about the possible implications of various scenarios that might result from the election. What was concluded has not, of course, been made public.

Other nations, particularly in the EU, have also been, I gather, preparing for different outcomes. It would be insane not to have contingency plans, but more so for Canadians because we are so intimately tied to the US economically, culturally, and socially.

To quote the father of the current PM in a 1968 speech to the Washington Press Club, "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

I hope as the US continues to implode we don't cause any damage to those countries close to our borders.

More Canada questions I've been pondering...

Do you think Canadians are actually nicer or is that just a meme, and where did it come from?  It is funny at times. It might be kind of insulting really, like a romanticization that creates a stereotype of a country or its citizens.  However, with our excessive individualism and competitiveness in the US, our penchant to disallow its citizens basic human needs like affordable health care and education enjoyed by other countries, maybe the US people on the whole became a deprived and mean people.

Edited by Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.