Do You Think This Is Appropriate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All summer long, we were looking at this sad dog. I guess we were supposed to think of "the dog days of summer," although they come at the end of summer, and this picture was early on. I always feel as if these web site avatars -- especially on the Marketplace -- are nothing like the actual avatars in world. It's as if the designers are trying to stage an abstraction based on what they think virtuality is -- or should be -- without having observed it. When you think of it, there are very, very few dog avatars. Sure, there are plenty of furries. Wolves and foxes of all kinds. But not dogs. Avatars have dogs they walk, but generally, they aren't dogs. This dog lady is sad -- and it just puts you in a reverse frame of mine. I bet it hurts sales.

I find I miss that dog now, because it can and does get worse. Now once again the Lindens are using a child to sell their product, and one that looks beaten.

Oh, please, don't start in with the usual alibi -- common on the forums, especially -- that this is an elf or a neko or some other non-human that gets to look like a child but not be one, for whatever purposes. 

This avatar indeed looks like a child, and worse, one that is crying and seems abused. No, this isn't just a picturesque tear over some furry woodland creature dispute - it's a very realistic upset face.

It's wrong. It should be taken down. This has to be said. So I do say it.

Child.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

She looks like an elf. Do you have any idea how slowly elves age? They could be one-hundred, easily, or older still if that's just some glamour. Also, last time I checked, children don't sport tats.

You figure that justification will work next time some region owner boots what he/she assumes to be a child avi? 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And only because we were playing this game a month ago on the forums:

1b65921795c17cc5b9a9d488bd8dc929.png

You do know that people were playing around with that, because it was so random and that the result could drastically vary between different pictures of the same avatar? Even more so, because the software isn't made for avatars to begin with.

• Like 4

We've had this debate in several threads now and you can post all the pics you'd like and it still won't change my opinion.  Some avatars look younger than 18.  My opinion, of course but also others opinion as well.  

I'm not going to argue the point here anymore.  You all are entitled to your opinions too but as @Arielle Popstarsaid, don't be surprised when someone gets tossed out of somewhere for looking less than 18.

ETA: I honestly have no problem with how anyone looks.  The only thing I don't like is when looks like this show up in sex areas.  Yes, I do hang out at those places and see this all too often.  Sometimes, it's ok because the overall look seems more adult.  As I've said in other threads, it's when you accompany it with child like accessories (and they do), then it becomes an issue.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

No but obviously I'm not the only one who thought she looked too young.  LOL all you want but @Prokofy Nevahas a point.  Not the best way to showcase SL IMO.

Well it would be if they are shooting for a younger age range. I might think the model looks young but doesn't mean I don't think it could attract new people.

• Like 1

Maybe not my most popular post, but I have no issues with Child/Tween/Teen Avatars and I often wonder about those who do.

If it was up to me all nudity/sexual content would be have to be on a private island, removed from all mainlands and the marketplace, just my opinion, not that it would happen or if  it's really the right thing to do.

I understand some just like to look and dress cute or use it as a way to have a childhood they never had, when i see a child avatar I do not automatically assume they a harboring a secret sexual context or the person is secretly trying to break LL/Real life laws.

I judge a person by the context of their character not the perception of their pixels.

• Like 2

I've seen toddlerfaces on adult womens bodies, mostly very exxagerated bodies, for some reason. This is clearly not one of them.
She doesn't look sad, or  crying. Her brows are rather neutral positioned (sad expressions tend to raise the part that's close to the nose)
She's not crying. Those are highlights and reflections. Wet surfaces have them. They're somewhat exaggerated, which is a stylistic choice.
Her mouth looks more like pursing/pouting lips than a sad frown.

Does have face have youthfull features? Yeah, sure. many have them. Does she look underage? No. 

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 5

• The head of the young elf is proportional with the shoulders on an ADULT level.
  • Same goes for the full grown bird next to her.
  • The person has breasts.
  • The hand on the staff looks mature. Not childlike.
  • The staff itself must have a height higher than a child.

I could go on. I won' t.

Edited by TDD123
speeling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It's wrong. It should be taken down. This has to be said. So I do say it.

2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

FFS, people can be sad without being abused. Are you aware of that, Profky?

@Sukubia : Obviously all too aware and ready to abuse the contrary. That' s why I call him a liar to his face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.