The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

17 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I just have to have a bit of a grumble about Cosmopolitan and the Hello Tuesday sales - now that the small shopping precinct with shopping carts is no more

The old Cosmo was one of my favorite shopping experiences. Not anymore. An efficient navigational design has been lost.

• Like 2

Agreed about the new Cosmopolitan sim. In addition, I have a bit of an ongoing grumble about the Hello Tuesday sales. For a long time (before the sale was revised to include off-sim vendors) many of the merchants involved were featuring really old items. While I hope that the addition of more sellers will improve the quality of sale items, I still am finding few items that I want to check out each week.

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

Agreed about the new Cosmopolitan sim. In addition, I have a bit of an ongoing grumble about the Hello Tuesday sales. For a long time (before the sale was revised to include off-sim vendors) many of the merchants involved were featuring really old items. While I hope that the addition of more sellers will improve the quality of sale items, I still am finding few items that I want to check out each week.

Re the new Cosmo look -- personally I like it.  I think it is much easier to shop. So far as adding "non-Cosmo" vendors to Hello Tuesday, I can't think of any good reason really other than the list owner making more money. That "if you have a store in the shopping sim you can be in Hello Tuesday" was a big draw for some creators. Others of course opted out.

Some of the new folks on HT are not the best ^^ but to be fair almost all the sales venues have been going downhill for a long while -- not in NUMBERS of ads to look through but in terms of quality goods.  Personally I am OK with old stuff if it is still good stuff and at the beginning of the big sales venue boom that WAS the case.  Now I hardly ever find anything I want to by or even show on my blog.  

All that being said I DID buy something on HT this week, a wearable which I love but obviously not going to show here on the furniture thread LOL.  IF I was still a vendor at Cosmo I would have been happy with the new look as there are no longer any "bad spaces" and I was pretty much always in one of those :D.   But I heard from another creator that not all the old-time Cosmo sellers were happy with the new look.  She didn't say WHY.   I think in part not having 90 degree angles to set up with might have ticked off some folks. But you NEED to learn those adjusting skills.  

Anyway my two cents.  

I am not sure where top post this. But I discovered that Chez Moi has some "Decorate my Linden Home" videos on Facebook.

I liked them. Of course it is all Chez Moi furniture, but it gave me some ideas. How I can use my furniture.

I have so little Chez Moi furniture, I wished that store had sales or events.

https://www.facebook.com/chezmoifurnituressl/videos/decorating-my-linden-home/540942397662719

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure where top post this. But I discovered that Chez Moi has some "Decorate my Linden Home" videos on Facebook.

I liked them. Of course it is all Chez Moi furniture, but it gave me some ideas. How I can use my furniture.

I have so little Chez Moi furniture, I wished that store had sales or events.

https://www.facebook.com/chezmoifurnituressl/videos/decorating-my-linden-home/540942397662719

Chez Moi has 50% off store-wide sales from time to time. I usually go and spend entirely too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asian Pacific Heritage Festival has some decor gifts to pick up. Event open until May 31.
https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Satori Bay/129/34/35

AikaTea Look to Fuji room divider

BALACLAVA!! Takao Pathway Lights

Kiyori // Japanese Sensu Display Fan

Dahlia X DAUNTLESS - Coconut CandleS

CHAI. shoji screen and picture

MADRAS Mango Delight Diced Decor Gift

[Mamere] Rokuzaemon(Green tea) Vending Machine + green tea can decor

IMPSTR - Pungko - Chair and Table

gifties_001.thumb.jpg.aaf4c43cc01de7c108c27d9b9ed3baa5.jpg

And something for the kitchen, @Chic Aeon. MANGO PLATE! ;)

gifties_002.jpg.a663143abb835d7f2482bc99cd4f2441.jpg

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Apple Fall for The Sarturday Sale. Chair 4LI, table 3LI. 68L with group tag (includes chair and table). The stuff on the table is also discounted, got the vase also, 50 L.

Apple Fall Curated Drop 02

Edited by Tary Allen
Add info
  • Like 8

43 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

This rock and tropical plants arrangement is only 6 LI and $60 at Tm: Creation.

tm.jpg

This TM Creation plant arrangement is quite nice. I needed to fill a larger area and so I unlinked and duplicated a few of the plants and it turned out nice. When I linked them all, it was only 10 LI and almost twice as large of an area.

Plant arrangememnt.png

• Like 9

These items from Bricolage are probably too high LI to use in many Belli houses, but there are so many pretty color combinations possible that you just might be willing to use one of the 5 LI chairs (with or without sombrero) as an accent piece. Chair (with options to color frame and back slats separately), $75. The 3 LI table with 3 LI runner and 1 LI cupcake stand (poor LODs) is also $75.

brico.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5

Wanted to bring this to your attention as it is both different an I think it turned out well.  Opens tomorrow.  Some of you that do a lot of styling can understand how tricky it was to use goods from FIVE different shops and ONLY those shops and have everything flow. This was not a two hour styling LOL -- at least not for me.   

Nothing to buy there. It is look for things you like and then you can go to the store if you like.  Gifts will be out apparently but I haven't been over to see what.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Wanted to bring this to your attention as it is both different an I think it turned out well.  Opens tomorrow.  Some of you that do a lot of styling can understand how tricky it was to use goods from FIVE different shops and ONLY those shops and have everything flow. This was not a two hour styling LOL -- at least not for me.   

Nothing to buy there. It is look for things you like and then you can go to the store if you like.  Gifts will be out apparently but I haven't been over to see what.   

Thanks for posting this Chic. This was beautiful & gave me so many ideas. Collect all the notecards if you go because there are some designers I'd never come across & I'm looking forward to hours of checking out their stores. There were some free gifts out as well. Worth taking a look at!

• Thanks 1

It's now possible to TP to the Hello Tuesday sale shops from the Cosmopolitan landing point - just click on the sign at the right and "allow the experience". And Chez Moi has given us a demo model of this week's sale item, a 1 LI cactus, $50.

Oops, will add a photo of the sign I referred to when I get back on my laptop.

chez.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

It's now possible to TP to the Hello Tuesday sale shops from the Cosmopolitan landing point - just click on the sign at the right and "allow the experience". And Chez Moi has given us a demo model of this week's sale item, a 1 LI cactus, $50.

chez.jpg

I love 1 Li plants, and I am writing a list over what I'm going to buy in the Chez Moi sale. They have other 1 Li cacti, and they cost under 50L in the sale. For cacti lovers and low Li enthusiasts.

• Like 4