The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Merak is really high Li yes. 15 Li for that table?? 👀

Yikes.

It is not a sale, but I will give Bazar a friendly nod here. They can make low Li furniture, and make it look good. I wish they had sales more often, hehe. The few times thay have a sale, it is only on selected items. But I have been burnt so many times, I have been buying cheap, and can't use it because the Li is too high.

Sunset_splash.jpg?1635849196
table_________________2
table cloth____________4
cushion______________2 each
place setting__________1
candles______________1
blankets______________2
centerpiece___________1
string lights___________3

All items are available for purchase separately in world. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARSunset-Dining-set/22877310

I can second your comments on Bazar:  I have their Forest Dining set and use its various parts over and over and OVER again, almost every time I furnish a home!

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

After my not-so good hunt yesterday, I saw Konoha in Nature Collective’s 2023 Spring/Summer Hunt, and went over there in just seconds. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whitlock/137/175/2600

Konoha has so lovely plants, and they did not disappoint.

PS: I did not have to look very long, the umbrella gives a hint when you click it. And if you know how Magnolia flowers look like, you find the prize easy. "Let me shine on the magnolias hidden by the maple ♥"

The price is a fatpack of Cosmos in a light yellow color. Lots of parts, 1-2 Li each. The huge filler (front right) is only 1 Li. One of the plant groups appeared to have weaker Lod, the flowers disappeared faster. I use Lod 2.125 here, and they are holding up good enough for me. I have not rezzed all the shapes, it is even more. Curves and lines and lumps.

cosmo_002.png.c53c8edf300df87aed36877c4da8d041.png

But wait! The container the yellow Cosmos fatpack comes in, is pink/white Cosmos, that I totally prefer. And the container can be edited, so you get 3 groups of pink/white Cosmos, 1 Li each, rectangular flower bed, grass patches and a cluster of rocks. All one Li.

cosmo_004.png.da8562e6eb0fdb4926b51b767fca7ea9.png

The flower bed, rocks and grass can be resized big. I stopped stretching the grass here, it is only 0.7 download. So it can be bigger, or you can stop at this size and link two, making one Li.

The front flower bed, and rocks in the back, is stretched max to stay 1 Li.

Here is the list over participants with locations. https://naturecollectivesl.com/spring-summer-hunt-2023/

Scroll down and see if you know more great finds, I only recognize the Konoha brand.

I love this hunt.  Not so much for the prizes, as for the beautiful places to visit.  I did it last year and I think out of all the sites, I only got a couple of useful prizes, but it was worth it just to visit 

• Like 6

On 4/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, Marianne Little said:

Merak is really high Li yes. 15 Li for that table?? 👀

Yikes.

It is not a sale, but I will give Bazar a friendly nod here. They can make low Li furniture, and make it look good. I wish they had sales more often, hehe. The few times thay have a sale, it is only on selected items. But I have been burnt so many times, I have been buying cheap, and can't use it because the Li is too high.

Sunset_splash.jpg?1635849196
table_________________2
table cloth____________4
cushion______________2 each
place setting__________1
candles______________1
blankets______________2
centerpiece___________1
string lights___________3

All items are available for purchase separately in world. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARSunset-Dining-set/22877310

Speaking of Bazar, in the inworld "Outlet" section, there's a bunch of items set to only 65L for entire sets. Not vouching for prim count etc but if someone is looking for inexpensive ways to furnish a home, worth checking it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I love this hunt.  Not so much for the prizes, as for the beautiful places to visit.  I did it last year and I think out of all the sites, I only got a couple of useful prizes, but it was worth it just to visit 

This is a really nice hunt and I agree prizes are hit or miss but the sims included are really stunning nature inspired. 

Most things were easy enough to find though there are 3 places I just couldn't manage and moved on.  I forgot which one it was, but you had to find a faun and there were several hidden in the forest thickets. I started just derendering a ton of plants/trees etc. to find what I was looking for. Finally, found the right faun so deeply hidden I honestly don't think I would have managed to find it if not for getting rid of all those bushes and trees!

• Like 2

Yes, I think I derendered 100% of plants in the Elm store. Did you find some goodies in the Nature hunt? Outdoor furniture, plants?

6 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This is a really nice hunt and I agree prizes are hit or miss but the sims included are really stunning nature inspired. 

Most things were easy enough to find though there are 3 places I just couldn't manage and moved on.  I forgot which one it was, but you had to find a faun and there were several hidden in the forest thickets. I started just derendering a ton of plants/trees etc. to find what I was looking for. Finally, found the right faun so deeply hidden I honestly don't think I would have managed to find it if not for getting rid of all those bushes and trees!

On 4/20/2023 at 8:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

After my not-so good hunt yesterday, I saw Konoha in Nature Collective’s 2023 Spring/Summer Hunt, and went over there in just seconds. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whitlock/137/175/2600

Konoha has so lovely plants, and they did not disappoint.

PS: I did not have to look very long, the umbrella gives a hint when you click it. And if you know how Magnolia flowers look like, you find the prize easy. "Let me shine on the magnolias hidden by the maple ♥"

The price is a fatpack of Cosmos in a light yellow color. Lots of parts, 1-2 Li each. The huge filler (front right) is only 1 Li. One of the plant groups appeared to have weaker Lod, the flowers disappeared faster. I use Lod 2.125 here, and they are holding up good enough for me. I have not rezzed all the shapes, it is even more. Curves and lines and lumps.

cosmo_002.png.c53c8edf300df87aed36877c4da8d041.png

But wait! The container the yellow Cosmos fatpack comes in, is pink/white Cosmos, that I totally prefer. And the container can be edited, so you get 3 groups of pink/white Cosmos, 1 Li each, rectangular flower bed, grass patches and a cluster of rocks. All one Li.

cosmo_004.png.da8562e6eb0fdb4926b51b767fca7ea9.png

The flower bed, rocks and grass can be resized big. I stopped stretching the grass here, it is only 0.7 download. So it can be bigger, or you can stop at this size and link two, making one Li.

The front flower bed, and rocks in the back, is stretched max to stay 1 Li.

Here is the list over participants with locations. https://naturecollectivesl.com/spring-summer-hunt-2023/

Scroll down and see if you know more great finds, I only recognize the Konoha brand.

Thanks for this tip, did not even occur to me to utilize the packaging!

Here's something you might want to look for from that Hunt, it's from Love. Nice floral arch, 1 prim!

SL Home - Garden

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I think I derendered 100% of plants in the Elm store. Did you find some goodies in the Nature hunt? Outdoor furniture, plants?

Hit or miss for sure. The stuff below is what I'll keep. Lots I'm trashing due to low quality or not needed. A lot of junky artwork. Some items with really old texturing. But still was worth going for exploring purposes. My favorite was the Ocean Center - you MUST walk through the caverns and head downwards because way way down deep it's freaking amazing! Very detailed ocean experience. Oh and free scuba gear available too.

Love - the aforementioned arbor. I like this alot.

Eternal Retreat - Pretty nice garden statue; waterfall also but it's really old looking and could create one better out of Studio Skye pieces LOL

JE de Natura - Tabletop pine tree set, would be great later in the year for mantles also. Has 2 versions of a dining table with an animated river running through it. I kind of like it though the wood texture could be better - maybe it can be fixed. Also a Twig console type table in a few versions. Not my thing but probably good for a nature inspired home/cabins

The Lost Unicorn - Very cute cloche style "terrarrium" with a unicorn and pine forest in it but...17 prims. WTF? How unfortunate.

Steele's - Wood French Easel, animated. This is a nice item, 4 prims. 

DC Echo - Coffee tray, nice but not like I don't have others.

Lone Tree Yoga - Buddha statue with candle and owl incense burner. I like these. I use a lot of Asian items in my landscaping/homes.

Mainland Community Alliance - travel suitcase w/lantern on top. Good decor piece.

Windy Peak - Cottagecore Wood Stump Art - Very basic, but kind of cute. Another cabin/woodsy decor item

What the Buzz - Bee inspired items, journal (wear), Save the Bees sign which I'll def use in my garden.

Yosemite, had a hiker's backpack there that has a ton of interesting & fun items in it.  EDIT: Not sure why but every time I clicked on an item in the box it disappeared. Maybe a SL glitch? Will have to log out and see if that resolves.

There's 3 places I could not find the items, may or may not go back. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

SL Home - Garden

I'm puzzled, I don't see Love on the list of participants?  Where is this arch from?

It's taking me a while to do this hunt, I keep taking time to wander.  Usually I find the prize somewhere near an obvious path.

The Nature Conservancy site is a lovely demonstration of how much you can do in a relatively small parcel. 

In Yosemite, I took one of their horses out for a trot around.  This place is a LOT like a RL camping experience.

I think the faun you referred to is at Lost Unicorn.  There are an astonishing number of different little forest and fae scenes in this region, it's incredible, and very well done.  Just following the path leading out of the welcome area leads you to the prize in a while.

Steeliehook Forest was a really fun scenic walk.  Landscaping on several levels!  Really artful divisions between different scenes.

I would love to live near the I Love You a Latte cafe in RL.  Its interior is a very fun exercise in Boho Chic, and it has a surprisingly extensive, pretty garden.

Sainte Rose is a perfect Riviera hill town.  If you're participating in the hunt's photo contest, I highly recommend this stop, it's extremely photogenic and detailed.   Don't forget to take a long view from the water as well!  I was so busy looking around that I completely forgot to look for the prize, which may take a while since there is no hint.

Edited by Nika Talaj

On 4/23/2023 at 6:53 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

@Elora Lunasea

Awww I am disappointed you did not like my asian bench from Seaside. It was the first piece of furniture I ever made. :(

/confused

I didn't mention your item. I didn't mention several others - haven't opened it all yet so I focused on the ones I did open and could comment on. 

On 4/23/2023 at 2:35 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Atelier Burgundy has some L$60 Modern Garden components that work well with the Wallower houseboat, which is my current favorite for square houseboat parcels. Good for window coverings and boat sheds (some resizing required)  https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atelier/26/134/21

Atelier-Burgundy-4.jpg

Wallower AB_002.jpg

Wallower AB_004.jpg

Nice um..Pergola!

• Like 1

nutmegplanternosig.thumb.jpg.9a8c70fcb281c689f2a52e503261f124.jpg

Out from Nutmeg for the weekend.  When I went to inspect this the reading was 46 land impact which just "appeared to include the wall. I couldn't believe it was that and it is not.   I so don't like LINKED DISPLAYS.   

Two versions. High LOD is 7li and low (and you will need LOD 4 viewing for this at anything but very close range).   219 triangles. 

• Like 7

Meanwhile, at Atelier Burgundy, you can find these sturdy gardening tables and slightly less sturdy shelves, along with terracotta plant pots. Each of the 3 wooden pieces is only 1 LI. $60 per color. And the various stacks of plant pots are 1 LI each, and look like two stacks can be linked to save that extra 1 LI, $60 for the collection.

Also on sale is the modular kitchen (no stove or fridge) for $75 per color. And the office storage unit - 11 LI with all decor shown, $100 for both frame colors.

ab1.jpg

ab2.jpg

ab3.jpg

• Like 5

Kraftwork has some pet-related items on sale. The Pet Console and Clutter set is $75. The console itself with decor is 7 LI, with several wood tones as well as the white shown, and some color options for the bag and leash. The bed is 3 LI with color options and the puppy pad is 1 LI, with options for 'new' and 'used'. The kennel (3 LI) and slow feeder (1 LI)  are $60.

kraft.jpg

kraft2.jpg

• Like 4

Midwest's rather attractive Victorian-ish lamps are on sale again for $75 per color.  They are 3 LI and quite large, but can be re-sized (remaining at 3 LI, though). See the comments from September 2022 about editing the lighting script to provide a more pleasing effect: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/461691-the-all-in-one-home-furnishings-topic/?do=findComment&comment=2507978

There isn't a demo model on display, so here's a close-up of the green shade. 

midwest.jpg

midwest3.jpg

• Like 4

Nomad is selling several pieces with a botanical theme. The botanical lab desk (8 LI with all decor) is $75; the  lab cabinet (2 LI, without decor) is $50; the test tube orchids (2 LI each, shown in the cabinet) are $75 for both colors; the display cubes (2 LI each) are $75 for all three versions; the canopy chair (10 LI) is $75 and the Monstera plant (2 LI) is $50. Fatpack sold for $400.

nomad1.jpg

nomad2.jpg

nomad3.jpg

• Like 6