The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Erfe Design has lots of items on sale this weekend (including a small modular kitchen), but despite the indication of demos on the signs, none were available. (I won't be mentioning them in future if there are no demos.)

Erfe has a store building near those vendors where there are demo displays. If the kitchen is anything like their previous kitchen offering it will need to be made smaller to fit in Bellisseria homes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Scarlet Creative has a furniture set instead of a house this weekend for The Saturday Sale, which is probably a nice change for those of us whose inventories are absolutely overflowing with her houses. It is a very nice PG bed, comes with art, rugs, dresser, and tables for 75 linden.

Scarlet Creative Paris Set

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Scarlet Creative/76/115/1001

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Scarlet Creative has a furniture set instead of a house this weekend for The Saturday Sale, which is probably a nice change for those of us whose inventories are absolutely overflowing with her houses. It is a very nice PG bed, comes with art, rugs, dresser, and tables for 75 linden.

Plus, the styling is a nice change from the more stereotypical cottage/shabby chic items found in the typical Scarlet Creative Saturday Sale packs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am just loving the dark witchy furniture that is coming out this year around Halloween and I found these great sales at THOR. Magic Hallway bench is 60L and 5Li and the Poisonous Tea tray set is 66L and 10Li all together. The Serving Cart, the Tea Tray and the Decor on the lower shelf are all independent so you can use them separately and save Li. The paintings on the front of the bench are just gorgeous. 

Thor - Witchy furniture.JPG

They have a matching cabinet at Access Event although I found it way too expensive the fatpack for 1199L but the actual cabinet is only 259L so if you have plenty of witchy decor like me, you can just get the matching furniture and decor yourself. 

Thor - Witchy furniture2.JPG

Edited by Kialaya Shilova
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

While it may not be something you can use in your Belli home, I think it's worth mentioning the Bakery set that's currently on sale at Hideki - the fatpack is $250, but you can buy individual bits and pieces for $50-$75. In particular, there's an old-style fridge (8 LI, but you can probably remove the decor on top and the non-working clock and save 2 LI) for $70, a set of 3 LI storage jars on shelves for $75, and a couple of table/chair sets for $70 each. (And the bread and doughnuts are making me hungry!)

hideki.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

I got the Lifeguard Stations this weekend on sale for 50L (all 8 colours of the gacha pack) at Trompe Loeil because..well I just love their stuff and buy nearly everything they put out for their Superfans group sales and thought I could use them not only as what they were intended for, since you guys in this thread have been inspiring me lately to tweak round furniture.  I think they have them for the whole week on sale in case you are interested. I wanted to put a photo here of what I managed to do playing around with one of them and I am betting you people can do wonders since you know more builder tools than me. I am pretty proud of how this turned out 😃.

So on the right is the original 21Li teal version. On the left is my own version that is only 13Li. I was able to take off all the lifeguard symbols, the surf board, the oars and the lifesaver on the back, as well as the cabinet inside. Unfortunately they all leave behind very nasty shadows on the textures 😞 By tinting the surfaces where they were in a darker colour you can hardly distinguish them (I do have to put something decorative in the back where the lifesaver ring had a very dark shadow). I had to change completely the texture of the wood inside the house in order to get rid of the cabinet shadow since it was so visible but you can use your own texture and it looks perfect. 

image.jpeg.e2004f3e92cf9931d13486bc2d655618.jpeg1822026180_TrompeLoeilLifeGuardStation2.JPG.d7d0bce7c3ef2d23605e21ce8a435211.JPG

But I just had to keep going, I wasn't completely happy and I tweaked the colours even more. Here is my Forest Guard Station, with all browns and dark greens. The door is changed from stark white to a grey/brown. I tried putting wood texture on it but then you lose the handle and the hinges which are using the same set of textures. I am so pleased with this and plan to decorate with elven decor. I can totally imagine this as some of the outposts for elven hunters in the Shannara books of Terry Brooks.  

image.jpeg.6dc406d219684652d9dcf51ddbbcdd07.jpeg

• Like 4

Frigga (and others) have recently been kindly mentioning when lighting fixtures are unscripted.  Usually the maker has a single face for the bulb(s) in the lamp, and has set that texture to be full bright, with perhaps a little glow.  Very efficient.

If you would like to be able to turn the light off, or also have it be able to turn on SL light, feel free to use the script below.  This is set up for the $50L Friday Consignment lamp that Frigga posted about, but it can be easily adapted to use with nearly any unscripted lamp. (incidentally, in case you didn't notice, the gold version of that silver lamp is in its contents).  You can pick this script up as one of the 3 gifts at my new undersea garden build (look for glass floats). 

// LightTouch - Light set to 2 rotating settings when touched
// on "low", lit face has glow & fullbright, but is not a light source
// on "medium", add a light source

// To use on any lamp, set "LIGHT_FACE" to the face number of the 'bulb' on the lamp

integer gLightLevel;
integer LIGHT_FACE = 1;        // Face of light 'bulb'

vector COLOR = <1.0, 1.0, 0.6>;   // yellow
float INTENSITY = 0.65;  // on a scale of 0 -> 1.0 
float RADIUS = 7.0;   // radius of light in meters
float FALLOFF = 0.5;    // intensity of light at RADIUS

{
    state_entry()
    {                    // start with light off
        gLightLevel = 0;
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_SET,[PRIM_POINT_LIGHT, FALSE, <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, 0.0, 0.0, 0.00,
            PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, LIGHT_FACE, FALSE,
            PRIM_GLOW, LIGHT_FACE, 0.0
            ]);

}

on_rez(integer startup_param)
    {
        llResetScript();
    }

touch_start(integer num)
    {
        if (gLightLevel == 0) {   // first touch, glow & fullbright on, no light
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_SET,[PRIM_POINT_LIGHT, FALSE, <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, 0.0, 0.0, 0.00,
            PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, LIGHT_FACE, TRUE,
            PRIM_GLOW, LIGHT_FACE, 0.02
            ]);
            llWhisper(0, "light on low");
            gLightLevel = 1;
        }
        else if (gLightLevel == 1) {  // 2nd touch, glow & fullbright on, dim light

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_SET,[PRIM_POINT_LIGHT, TRUE, COLOR, INTENSITY, RADIUS, FALLOFF,
            PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, LIGHT_FACE, TRUE,
            PRIM_GLOW, LIGHT_FACE, 0.02
            ]);
            llWhisper(0, "light on medium");
            gLightLevel = 2;
        }
        else if (gLightLevel == 2) {  // 3rd touch, turn off & start over
        gLightLevel = 0;
            PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, LIGHT_FACE, FALSE,
            PRIM_GLOW, LIGHT_FACE, 0.0
            ]);
        llWhisper(0, "light off");
        }
    } //end touchstart

}

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Snow piles for Christmas? 25 L Tuesday has it. While we can't cover 100% ground with snow, we can have piles and drifts. But if you want to go big, making a snow landscape up in the sky, this is good. And don't forget, use mesh modules with grass texture, dirt, sand, soil and more. They are versatile.

Second Life Maps | Ambat

18a-Gumis-Flower-Shop.jpg?fit=3840.625%2C1640.625

The ground patches does not rez as 1 Li. They are from 3 Li and up. Shrinking does not make li go up. But stretching them does not make Li go up either. They keep their Li when maxed out to 64 x 64 m.

You can see them behind my avatar, the small speck in black coat. The numbers = Li.

The "Assortment of piled snow" are rezzed as 1 Li. But when you stretch them, the Li goes up, but not very fast. The 4 smaller shapes next to me was stretched until they are 3 Li. 

LOD is 2 and I think they hold up well.

It is a good buy, since you get all the shapes for 25 L.

snow_001.jpg

• Like 8