The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

On 10/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, Trinity1776 said:

I was also disappointed about the quality of texturing and detail on the unkindness kitchens. Yes, they were modular and a good deal at $L70. But the texturing is very basic/flat. Even on the refrigerator, which is also absent of detail and might as well be a pantry cabinet.The fridge and oven are the exact same color as the cabinets and flat textured so everything kind of blends in together (I had purchased the red and black sets and put the black appliances in with the red cabinets. just so they would stand out). Maybe those Trompe Loeil kitchens have spoiled me, but even YourDreams does better than this on the texturing and they have had a number of kitchens on the weekend sales (none fully modular, though).

The ability to mix up pieces into various combinations was the biggest draw for me. I thought it looked acceptable enough at first glance in the store.  Then I noticed the bottom corners have weird gaps after putting it together. 

oops_001.png.51c6ed97d1783bcd283e6349d208f70b.png

oops_002.thumb.png.a21e109be9cae34a894cfc42c10f8958.png

Yikes.

At least I can take comfort in knowing that I didn't pay full price for it.  I would be mad if I did.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Sad 2

Glad I waited a bit for reviews or else I would have been conned for 75L even if it was just spare change ugh still in search of a reasonably priced high quality kitchen set with not too massive LI that looks perfect for my traditional Winchester home. I have this set from moss&mink but I sometimes feel it looks out of place, I dunno, or maybe I am just bad at decorating lol. Also, are there Winchester homeowners here who used partitions or add-ons in the wide room downstairs? How did you do it?

• Like 1

I used the Lilah kitchen last time I had a Winchester. They released the Vics before I could finish decorating but this is how I did it:

xmas_002.png.363d6ac10da3b50ab6f48827293b452c.png

That's a homemade partition wall which I didn't get around to adding coving to, lol. I put a bathroom behind it. There was another homemade add-on through the back door which I used as a lounge; a nice big space with a fireplace and a Christmas tree:

xmas_001.png.7d012b241205ad5d1f1f61624245dff2.png

All very work-in-progress but I'm sure there are professional add-ons doing it properly. I just like building more than I like spending money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@usagiharaThat looks so lovely, thank you for sharing! I tried to do something similar.

Here is my attempt, still a diamond in the rough:
Belli_Kitchenv1.thumb.jpg.c2b96b732af9eb649747c54b1d3d43c2.jpg

I wanted to make the room smaller because I am an extremely petite avatar and the vast space was kinda exacerbating my agoraphobic tendencies. I divided the room disproportionately which was perfect because I intend to use the narrower half as a bathroom and the limited space leaves me with only enough room for a small tub, sink, and toilet. That also discourages me from going over-the-top with unnecessary prims.

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Kazza's Happy Weekend offer is this set, including the weapons (!) - for me, worth spending the 60L$ for the 2 plants.

blueiris.JPG

The chairs themselves aren't to my taste, but they do have some neat animations - playing a guitar, using a laptop - so I'm finally going to experiment with using the animations in another piece of furniture.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

The chairs themselves aren't to my taste, but they do have some neat animations - playing a guitar, using a laptop - so I'm finally going to experiment with using the animations in another piece of furniture.

I've found doing this to be easier with beds than with chairs, since the maker has usually chosen & adjusted the anims with a view toward 'fitting' the chair.  But choose an armchair with a similar seat depth and arm height, and it's likely to work without diving into adjustments.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:48 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

....Then I noticed the bottom corners have weird gaps after putting it together. 

Yikes. That's a sign that it was likely put together quickly and by someone who lacked experience.Possibly built as prims in SL, not fitted together carefully, then exported and brought into Blender to make it mesh? And they either didn't see the gaps, or couldn't figure out how to fix them?

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Yikes. That's a sign that it was likely put together quickly and by someone who lacked experience.Possibly built as prims in SL, not fitted together carefully, then exported and brought into Blender to make it mesh? And they either didn't see the gaps, or couldn't figure out how to fix them?

Probably.  I have no idea how Blender works and my graphic design skills is limited to adding text for lolcat memes.

6 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

You beat me to it! Each of the 3 pieces of decor is 1LI, and costs 50L$ (or 38L$ if you're an Apple Fall Group member). Also, if you're a member, you can pick up the golden pumpkin on the right for free. 

applefall.JPG

It is 50 L per single pumpkin, and a few are double. That's too expensive for me. Even with group discount.

All the pumpkins bought together as a collection cost 619 with the discount. Pretty, but no buy.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is 50 L per single pumpkin, and a few are double. That's too expensive for me. Even with group discount.

All the pumpkins bought together as a collection cost 619 with the discount. Pretty, but no buy.

I was only pointing out the freebie, which it would be easy to miss if I’d simply said “there’s a free golden pumpkin”. 

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I didn't know it was a discount section. I don't know the new store so well yet. I learnt something new today! 👍

Just look for this sign at the entrance. (I checked the LM I used and unfortunately it doesn't take you directly to the chairs as I intended :( Down to a Landing Point being set, I expect. ) When you TP to the Outlet, the room with the free chair is to your right.

af.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2