The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

3 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I get that notecard - there is so much content! Thankfully the fb link is near the top. I've often wondered why they don't use Seraphim. Perhaps because there is another Access on Seraphim under Repeating Events? Seraphim's Access is a monthly and seems to have nothing to do with the weekly Happy Weekend Access. Wish they would all find a way to show up in one place; too often I don't pay attention to the slew of notices.  🙄

They do provide coverage under Happy Weekend https://www.seraphimsl.com/category/recurring-events/g-l/happy-weekend/ and points towards the FB gallery. Access and Happy weekend are part of the same group. a lot of events provide their own galleries which Seraphim link to rather than have someone provide full coverage 

• Thanks 4

Featured at Fameshed

• Black Nest Kersha Modern Vanity/Console Table Set
  • Broken Arrows "Bird Frames" (actually cut-out metal wall art)
  • Dust Bunny Mac and Cheese
  • Galland Homes Pumpkin Cart
  • Granola Aspen Coffee Collection Set
  • Heart Garden Centre Wildwoods and Wildflowers
  • Loft and Aria Ceres Set (console table, modern art objects, etc.)
  • Peculiar Things - Ratched Smoking Corner (Victorian style chair, lamp and side table)
  • Sayo Livingston Fireplace Set

Unfortunately (as far as I'm concerned) the Trompe Loeil home this month does not have a kitchen.

Pictures and pricing info here.

------------------------------------------------

There is a lot of Halloween Decor available as free gifts at the massive Halloween Shop and Hop event. Here's just the link at one end (Gilded) but the rest of the links are available in the Destination guide.

$L50 for Manly Weekend - the URL was not included int the gallery so you may have to join the group inward to get it (unless someone else knows it)>

image.thumb.png.ff8a8b7cd92800ae51a77647dba21f63.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saw this in the Secret Sunday sale today - it might work nicely in a log cabin  Everything shown in the Vanity pic is a total of 24 LI, but that could be reduced by not using all of the shown items (wicker baskets, candles & pump bottles, etc...). The bathtub is a separate purchase and is 17 LI for all shown components - but again, that can be reduced a bit.

http://mybellapointe.com/sssapi/webhud.php

image.png.382375e9acd2896fc2db0ba5c8ddf58b.png

image.png.1685abe93664be0479f080b487d9eaa1.png

• Like 6

This rattan furniture set looks like it'll be KAZZA's Happy Weekend offering (60L$), starting Saturday 10am SLT. The pieces appear to be unlinked (halelujah!), but there's no indication if the colors can be changed. Update: Just went back; it is now on sale. Yes, pieces are unlinked, but cushions cannot be changed.

kazza.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30L special at Bloom.  The Corner bed reva weighs in at an eye-watering 20 LI.  At least it's mod so I can remove the extra shadows and resize to fit in the recessed space in my houseboat.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Serena%20Esperanza/175/83/46

image.thumb.png.45baf4d56db2af1cbb398ada15b34dbf.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Modular kitchen and 1-3 land impact per part? That sounds good!

It would be if the pieces looked better. This is the "cream" version - the lightest of those available. I would've been happy with something like this 3-4 years ago, but have seen much better kitchens. (No matter how I change LOD or distance settings, I can't lose the broken horizontal lines on the drawers and doors unless I'm right in front of the piece.) Still it does offer lots of flexibility for 75L$ .

kitchen.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'll wager this little guy is one LI.

1523525916_blackcat.JPG.3b3ae834a1bde23f09a905852f7b48bf.JPG

Apropo of nothing, let me share that I had a black cat freebie who looked somewhat like this fellow when I first joined SL.   He was sitting by my door in a little skybox that a friend let me stay at, and I remember leaning over him before I deleted him and saying "Honey, you are 28 prims!  You're as primmy as a house!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I think these pieces from Merak, available now during the Happy Weekend Sale for 60L$, are nicely done, even if they don't have ground shadows. This is probably one of the best decor cameras I've seen, and I love the tea set and book and the tree stump tabletop. (Whitewashed table under the camera and blanket not part of the set.) 

bench.JPG

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I think these pieces from Merak, available now during the Happy Weekend Sale for 60L$, are nicely done, even if they don't have ground shadows. This is probably one of the best decor cameras I've seen, and I love the tea set and book and the tree stump tabletop. (Whitewashed table under the camera and blanket not part of the set.) 

You can pick up some general shadow textures on the MP that will work to add a shadow to some items.

• Like 3

Get soft comfortable chairs from Muniick. 60 L for the set. They remind me a little about both Nutmeg and Apple Fall in the style. For those who want Adult, both the PG and Adult set cost the same.

Too many other pictures to post, but they also sell Halloween tables with decor for Manly Weekend and a barrel shower/bath for Manly Weekend.

121283496_3709309989134733_1441880017678

• Like 7

Sometimes you see something that you WANT, but the LI is just immense.  Cf. this bed from last week's Saturday Sale.

https://images.app.goo.gl/7iUEqEusksgiWJuv8

I just loved the colors of this "Autumn" bed.  I bought it despite its 26 LI!  Here is the 11-LI model.

The bed was immense, most of the savings came from simply shrinking it.  I also removed one of the underblankets.  Then I completely replaced the fairly adequate animation engine with one from another bed, which gives me sleeping anims that can bring up a quilt for male sleeper, or a female sleeper, or a spooned couple (12 LI with the quilt, which goes away when you get up or logout).  You see that my alt is snuggled in, and she is not a tiny avie - the bed is plenty large, and all the anims fit it well.  I just like to be able to pull up a blanket :)  , so I didn't mind making the effort.

I really like to tinker with the mod things I buy, so I thought I'd share that in case there are readers who've never tried it.  It's fun.  Personally, I enjoy time I spend tinkering more than time I spend shopping.

image.thumb.png.4f8732b0a2c5e600f6ccf4064e0619b3.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
make pic smaller
  • Like 7

I was also disappointed about the quality of texturing and detail on the unkindness kitchens. Yes, they were modular and a good deal at $L70. But the texturing is very basic/flat. Even on the refrigerator, which is also absent of detail and might as well be a pantry cabinet.The fridge and oven are the exact same color as the cabinets and flat textured so everything kind of blends in together (I had purchased the red and black sets and put the black appliances in with the red cabinets. just so they would stand out). Maybe those Trompe Loeil kitchens have spoiled me, but even YourDreams does better than this on the texturing and they have had a number of kitchens on the weekend sales (none fully modular, though).

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1