Forum Felt Appreciation Thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To take your mind off coronavirus and SL pods, who else is into Felt? I ❤️ them, they're my favourite band ever 🤩! i can listen to them all day and never get bored of them, and they always make me feel gooey inside...

No trolls allowed! Oh OK you can troll. Patch, please don't  ban me! Turn up your volume, this is INCREDIBLE...makes me feel like I'm falling through clouds

• Like 3

I thought this would be about . . . Well, textiles. 

And I suppose one would appreciate a pair of felt ear plugs when someone plays music like that! 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

This is the happiest song I've ever heard! If I had a disturbing nightmare, I'd play this after I woke up and everything would be fine again. What did we do as a planet  to deserve this band?

I’m saying this with no sarcasm- that was like sped up elevator music.  Or the Napoleon Dynamite opening played backwards or something.  Yes, it was upbeat & happy but in a near Ren & Stimpy sort of way.  I have my own weird song faves that probably leave folks wondering what’s wrong with me.  So no hate from me.  Thanks for sharing something new.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I’m saying this with no sarcasm- that was like sped up elevator music.  Or the Napoleon Dynamite opening played backwards or something.  Yes, it was upbeat & happy but in a near Ren & Stimpy sort of way.  I have my own weird song faves that probably leave folks wondering what’s wrong with me.  So no hate from me.  Thanks for sharing something new.

I suspect people sometimes wonder if I'm more than one person when I post very different things to the the Listening thread.  They could be right. :D  Don't worry about a thing @Rat Luv

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

I thought this would be about . . . Well, textiles. 

And I suppose one would appreciate a pair of felt ear plugs when someone plays music like that! 

The singer used to insist it was 'Felt' as in past tense of 'feel' rather than the fabric. Though weirdly he started a new band afterwards called Denim, who were much more pop.

He's also an eccentric who smashed up all unsold copies of their first single with a hammer, fell out with the guitarist over the colour of a guitar pick, and split the band up just as they were getting accepted because they'd done 10 albums / 10 singles and he was into numerology (or had OCD) and couldn't bear an '11th'...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Fair enough! I honestly thought nobody would reply at all, so am just glad I didn't return to 'no-replies cringe hell'....☺️

But for sure it's not for everyone. I just find it so hypnotic and psychedelic, I can't explain it, it's like entering a private world. It makes me curious that people say 'Ouch'...I think it's quite beautiful and melodic compared to what I posted on the 'industrial' thread! 

To be honest, even though they did 10 albums and 10 singles and the styles varied, I reckon if anyone dislikes the above, it's probably not worth your time investigating Felt any further. 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Are we allowed to be "Felt up" on the forums? 😵 lol 

I mean, do you want to be? And are you referring to being bolted up in blankets or, uh . . Mwihi? 

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

The singer used to insist it was 'Felt' as in past tense of 'feel' rather than the fabric.

Just the word 'felt' by itself, without any context, certainly brings my mind to the noun rather than the verb in past tense.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.