Jump to content

Want to get notified each time i log in


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, ziniatabassum said:

I m suspecting that someone else is login into my account. But i cant find any way to track it.. is it possible to get notified each time i log in with the device i logged im with?

I would strongly suggest changing your password and unchecking the box in the viewer login area for saving your password, and also not saving the password in your web browser when logging into secondlife.com.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ziniatabassum said:

I m suspecting that someone else is login into my account. But i cant find any way to track it.. is it possible to get notified each time i log in with the device i logged im with?

First, change your password, and also change the password on the email address that's linked with your SL account. Make the passwords different from each other.

Second, there are gadgets you can buy which will tell you when a certain avatar is logged in, but you would need to be logged in to a different avatar which owns that gadget. So you'd need to make an alt, get the tracker for the alt and make sure that alt is logged in whenever your main is offline.

If you are logged in with your main, no-one else can log in to the same account from any device; they will get an error. I don't think you would be notified about the attempt though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ziniatabassum said:

I m suspecting that someone else is login into my account. But i cant find any way to track it.. is it possible to get notified each time i log in with the device i logged im with?

I have a gadget called Avi-HUD that I bought a long time ago. You can add names to it that you want to be notified of when they log in and out - and it can email you.  it was probably originally created to track other folks, but I use it to track all of my alt accounts so that I will immediately know if any of my accounts get hacked. You do have to have a place to rez the inworld monitor.

Here's a link to the MP item.  I'm pretty sure there are tons of other items like this, that do pretty much the same. This one is super easy to configure, which is what I wanted most when I bought it a decade ago.   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/18214

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming you have somewhere to rez a object permanently, you can use this script I made.

No configuration required, just plop it into a object and it will automatically resolve everything. As for email, LL introduced a feature to email the owner of the script without seeing what the email address is.

integer lastStatus = 0;
key onlineCheck;
key ownerKey;
string ownerName;

default{
    on_rez(integer p){
        //Could use CHANGED_OWNER, but this is just as fine
        llResetScript();   
    }
    
    state_entry(){
        //Caching is easier than calling dataserver each time to resolve the name
        ownerKey = llGetOwner();
        ownerName = llKey2Name(ownerKey);
        llSetTimerEvent(60);
    }

    timer(){
        onlineCheck = llRequestAgentData(llGetOwner(), DATA_ONLINE);
    }
    
    dataserver(key id, string data){
        if(id == onlineCheck){
            integer status = (integer)data;
            if(status == 1 && lastStatus == 0){
                llTargetedEmail(
                    TARGETED_EMAIL_OBJECT_OWNER,
                    "Log in event for "+ownerName,
                    "Avatar "+ownerName+" has logged in at "+llGetTimestamp()
                );
            }
            lastStatus = status;
        }   
    }
}

Alternatively, if you do not have somewhere to rez this, you can use this alternative script which you can place into any worn object that you will always be wearing. Ideally, you will place it in it's own object and just attach it somewhere to the hud and place it off screen, but it will still be subject to being detached. This will trigger a email event any time the script is re-attached! This is because the attach event doesn't provide information if someone just logged in or re-attached the script. I presume you will know which:

default{
    state_entry(){
        llSetMemoryLimit(0x2000);
    }
    
    attach(key id){
        //Naive approach, assume this will be worn 24/7
        if(id){
            string ownerName = llKey2Name(id);
            llTargetedEmail(
                TARGETED_EMAIL_OBJECT_OWNER,
                "Log in event for "+ownerName,
                "Avatar "+ownerName+" has logged in (or re-attached the log in tracker) at "+llGetTimestamp()
            );
        }
    }
}

 

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaser's script should definitely resolve whether your suspicions are true.

12 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I would strongly suggest changing your password

That should solve it completely. A simple solution to a grave problem.

However, if it still happens after a password change, your computer at home has likely been hacked and you have much much bigger problems than just your SL account being compromised.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Assuming you have somewhere to rez a object permanently, you can use this script I made.

No configuration required, just plop it into a object and it will automatically resolve everything. As for email, LL introduced a feature to email the owner of the script without seeing what the email address is.


integer lastStatus = 0;
key onlineCheck;
key ownerKey;
string ownerName;

default{
    on_rez(integer p){
        //Could use CHANGED_OWNER, but this is just as fine
        llResetScript();   
    }
    
    state_entry(){
        //Caching is easier than calling dataserver each time to resolve the name
        ownerKey = llGetOwner();
        ownerName = llKey2Name(ownerKey);
        llSetTimerEvent(60);
    }

    timer(){
        onlineCheck = llRequestAgentData(llGetOwner(), DATA_ONLINE);
    }
    
    dataserver(key id, string data){
        if(id == onlineCheck){
            integer status = (integer)data;
            if(status == 1 && lastStatus == 0){
                llTargetedEmail(
                    TARGETED_EMAIL_OBJECT_OWNER,
                    "Log in event for "+ownerName,
                    "Avatar "+ownerName+" has logged in at "+llGetTimestamp()
                );
            }
            lastStatus = status;
        }   
    }
}

Alternatively, if you do not have somewhere to rez this, you can use this alternative script which you can place into any worn object that you will always be wearing. Ideally, you will place it in it's own object and just attach it somewhere to the hud and place it off screen, but it will still be subject to being detached. This will trigger a email event any time the script is re-attached! This is because the attach event doesn't provide information if someone just logged in or re-attached the script. I presume you will know which:


default{
    state_entry(){
        llSetMemoryLimit(0x2000);
    }
    
    attach(key id){
        //Naive approach, assume this will be worn 24/7
        if(id){
            string ownerName = llKey2Name(id);
            llTargetedEmail(
                TARGETED_EMAIL_OBJECT_OWNER,
                "Log in event for "+ownerName,
                "Avatar "+ownerName+" has logged in (or re-attached the log in tracker) at "+llGetTimestamp()
            );
        }
    }
}

 

Ohh, I like both of these ideas, I might use it myself just out of curiosity to see what it does.

You would really think that Ll would have ever added that as an option themselves on the website to be notified of any logins or attempted/failed logins to your account though..

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have a gadget called Avi-HUD that I bought a long time ago. You can add names to it that you want to be notified of when they log in and out - and it can email you.  it was probably originally created to track other folks, but I use it to track all of my alt accounts so that I will immediately know if any of my accounts get hacked. You do have to have a place to rez the inworld monitor.

Here's a link to the MP item.  I'm pretty sure there are tons of other items like this, that do pretty much the same. This one is super easy to configure, which is what I wanted most when I bought it a decade ago.   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/18214

 

Yep there are several things like that, which I had forgot about in my original post. I just use my collar and spy app to track logins and trace tp's.

The only thing is i wish there was a way for someone to detect if something like that was being used against them for stalking purposes. Because that is what some of those gadgets are used for by some people. Where as the collar app or Chasers scripts are by user choice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

You would really think that Ll would have ever added that as an option themselves on the website to be notified of any logins or attempted/failed logins to your account though..

SOON(TM) https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-17958

I presume this will come when LL integrates two factor authentication. It is on the long list of things to-do(which is quite big, so don't blame LL).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been stated in the Web meetings that the first phase of 2FA will be notification of suspicious activity, such as logging on a different device will cause alerts to be sent to your email.

Another thing no one has mentioned, but needs to be, has the OP downloaded/installed any tpv masquerading as a legit tpv?

Such naughty viewers install keyloggers and/or send your login credentials to third party websites and with some versions, continue to do so even if you uninstall the viewer.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...