[Help] Music from Youtube to SL voice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I start  this topic because I have some question about streaming music inworld in SL.

I know there is a way to configure the Stereo Mix from Windows 10 and set it up to make it capable to play music from Youtube and make it sound through the SL voice. I was investigating and trying lots of stuff but I got nothing and... I kinda need a bit of help here. How do I do to configure it correctly? I wanna play music from Youtube through my SL voice channel

Here is a screencap of what I'm talking about..

AsMc8in.png

You could make use of a program SL “djs” use to stream into SL music they have downloaded.  (& pay for a stream).  If what you are describing is possible (maybe it is, I don’t know about those things) I don’t see why anyone would need a stream.

49 minutes ago, kavakelyr said:

set it up to make it capable to play music from Youtube and make it sound through the SL voice.

AsMc8in.png

first recommendation:  do not do it, you'll be banned from nearly all places you visit. It's annoying, harrassing, disrupting the peace ..and as so, AR'ble... if you'r wise you don't.
To the second, it's no setting in SL but you have to connect your source to your outgoing channel on your own PC.
If you want music, use a stream at your own place.

• Like 2

well there is one way but its not exactly what you might want or be expecting. If you have a webcam or microphone hooked up to your computer you could just play the music in the background through your speakers and have the microphone pick it up and broadcast through sl voice. No special configuration required.

But as was stated doing this on any sim/parcel but your own may get you ar'd and then kicked/banned for being disruptive.

or you could setup and use a shoutcast server to stream music to your parcel/sim if you have one.

or you could setup a dj software program to stream to your parcel/sim such as one of these

but doing it directly over voice on any sim not yours may get you reported because it can be seen as griefing.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:21 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

first recommendation:  do not do it, you'll be banned from nearly all places you visit. It's annoying, harrassing, disrupting the peace ..and as so, AR'ble... if you'r wise you don't.
To the second, it's no setting in SL but you have to connect your source to your outgoing channel on your own PC.
If you want music, use a stream at your own place.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:56 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

well there is one way but its not exactly what you might want or be expecting. If you have a webcam or microphone hooked up to your computer you could just play the music in the background through your speakers and have the microphone pick it up and broadcast through sl voice. No special configuration required.

But as was stated doing this on any sim/parcel but your own may get you ar'd and then kicked/banned for being disruptive.

or you could setup and use a shoutcast server to stream music to your parcel/sim if you have one.

or you could setup a dj software program to stream to your parcel/sim such as one of these

but doing it directly over voice on any sim not yours may get you reported because it can be seen as griefing.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:36 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Please don't do this, voice chat is optimized for voice, not music.

Hey,  I just wanna know how to do it so I can play music for my friends in my parcel without having to download and install lots of stuff,

and it's not intended for trolling :(

1 minute ago, kavakelyr said:

Hey,  I just wanna know how to do it so I can play music for my friends in my parcel without having to download and install lots of stuff,

and it's not intended for trolling :(

if you have access to the parcel settings, you can stream music from shoutcast/icecast which is free. or from any other streaming media source. there are lots of radios in sl as well that you can buy and then use the play music at your home.

• Like 2

VB-Audio Software has some utilities that may do what you want. Virtual Audio Cable, Voicemeeter and Banana. You can make virtual audio devices and mix them into a single output. So there should be a way to route audio from YouTube and your mic into one of those, then use the output to go to SL's voice in.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:36 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Please don't do this, voice chat is optimized for voice, not music.

Reminds me of those playing music off a phone's speaker.  Sounds really bad.

But sometimes live performers will audition for a club owner will play a song or 2 via the voice thing depending on their computer set up, but don't make a practice of it for a mass audience.

On Linux its easy you just set through PulseAudio the SLvoice client to get audio from Pulseffects... Done

On Windows the easiest method would be to use an app named Virtual Audio Cable if i remember well.

Just remember quality is nowhere near playing a direct Stream on IceCast/Shoutcast using VirtualDJ/Mixx/whatever and you shouldn't do it on public land.

I play music all the time with a friend when we play Skill games during our IM conference instead of listening to local Voice chat.

Screenshot_2020-07-02_16-25-36.thumb.png.8923cc9618a975c4cf63f740ec4dadb7.png

Edited by Nick0678

No, no, no, the answer you are looking for is a splitter. [No, not a spitter! Not that guy! ] 

This is contingent on your having external peripheral desktop speakers, say Logitech or whatever.  It's those speakers you will capture and route through your headset input jack. Cool eh?

You get a 3.5 mm splitter anywhere, then unplug your headset from your comp, plug in the male jack of your new splitter into its place.  Now, you  have TWO inputs where before you had only one.  Now, you plug your external speakers into one of those two new input jacks, and plug your headphones into the other.  Say Ampersand Campesino! ~  and.... maybe it will work.  Worked on my mackbook once. But that was back when. Splitter's only a few bucks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.