Maitreya Body

Keiko Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Maitreya is on v5.1

Let me check what I have and get back to this thread.  I think I have v4.1 with a relay.  

But, anyhow, to the OP it sounds like Maitreya is ready to go BOM if you decide that route as you need to purchase skins too.  The skins the mesh bodies come with are not so great.  

I also say i'd go Maitreya for your first. You certainly have the most options there(and the price is in the normal range for mesh bodies). No harm in branching out later if you'd like, though. Many of us have multiple mesh bodies. 😃

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Maitreya is on v5.1

Thankies!  I didn't know.  I do have v4.1 with a relay as shown in my screenshot below.  So, I get a new FREE upgrade today!  Yay!

There is something else the OP should know, which companies give free upgrades.  Some give free upgrades while others don't.   Maitreya does.  Plus there is an inworld group you can join for direct help for Maitreya. 

The 3rd response in this thread says Maitreya is not the best body.  I beg to differ.  None can compare for realism, imo.  Plus some mesh body makers are a danger zone in that their upgrades are not free but can be 5000 Linden plus other problems such as lag.  So buyer beware on some mesh bodies.  Ask questions before you leap on some mesh bodies.   Sorry my boring outfit doesn't go together.  Was shopping yesterday.   And, this is a place I just rented, nothing in it yet.  Also, my eyes don't look rezzed yet...these are special eyes.  Cool when rezzed, but not in this pic, looks weird.

Screenshot (97).png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:49 AM, Marianne Little said:

Belleza is also only inworld. 3 different bodies. Slink, 2 different bodies, is in the Marketplace and inworld.

It also depends, how hard do you want to work? It is many more bodies, and for the other bodies, you have to search for clothes and hope you find some.

It is mainly Maitreya, Belleza Freya and Slink Hourglass you find clothes for now. It can change in the future, of course....

For the sake of fairness, it is a body called Legacy and Legacy perky. It has a history..... Read the thread about TMP Legacy here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435825-tmp-legacy-mesh-body/

But Legacy is gaining popularity. Look close at the demo, and decide if it is worth the price. Here is a recent survey about what meshbody most people use: https://www.xxsaltandpepperxx.com/mesh-body-survey/

Edit: Another survey, and this one is from June this year, totally fresh: https://www.seraphimsl.com/2020/06/13/mesh-body-survey-female-body-results/

I have the old tmp and I understand they decided to not upgrade that body and released legacy with BOM. I personally think that is a bit off putting for me.  Is it still propitiatory clothing where you can only buy the clothing from their stores and a select few FP clothing makers using they kits??

And then, of course, there is Ruth 2.0.  Which is free on MP, and in world.

I am a Maitreya user myself, and poo-pooed the Ruth, but then I was RPing the other day and came across someone using it to great effect.  Saves a lot of cash.

Anyone found with a Legacy body (or anything from the TMP hypercapitalists) on my land gets derendered. You have been warned.

11 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I have the old tmp and I understand they decided to not upgrade that body and released legacy with BOM. I personally think that is a bit off putting for me.  Is it still propitiatory clothing where you can only buy the clothing from their stores and a select few FP clothing makers using they kits??

It is a 1 Linden body from them now. TMP rebranded to Meshbody. Yes, it is the name. When a newbie google or search "meshbody" their brand always comes up. I bet it is done on purpose.

So the 1 Linden body is named Meshbody Classic. It is a 2500 Linden body also. They look 100% the same, but the 2500 L has some added layer(s) and stuff I haven't bothered check what is. I think you can tint them.

It is almost impossible to search with the word Classic on the Marketplace, the results I get back is for classic avatars.

Meshbody Classic do not have the same shape as Legacy. You can alpha out parts like elbows, the back and waist, et cetera. Your problem is straps, like bikini tops and summer dresses where alpha layers and cuts will be too big. The hips are so narrow that Belleza Isis fits best, but not good.

The feet is 100% compatible with Legacy shoes. The feet comes with "deformers", that is alternative feet and fit Maitreya or Slink... demo, demo. Boots and straps that go over the ankle, and up on the legs, does not fit at all. No matter if I try Legacy, Slink, Maitreya or Belleza.

I have also used nails and rings for Legacy on the hands. TMP clothes fit... but demo. The TMP clothes are old and does not look so good. They are often badly rigged and Meshbody does not sell clothes anymore.

I do not hate Meshbody Classic, and will recommend it for people on a budget, or if someone want a cheap alt. Maybe a roleplayer, or an upgrade for a "business" avatar who does need lots of boots and bikinis. If you can afford Maitreya, and it is for your main avatar, you get a much easier job to outfit it.

It is a male Meshbody Classic too, it is good bc it is so few free bodies for men. The Meshbody Classic is BOM ready, and has a good alpha cut selection, and 5 different feet. (Men have flat feet only)

Personally I think their 1 Linden body look much better than other free/cheap bodies. I have it on an alt, and it is good enough for that use.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, missyrideout said:

It is mainly Maitreya, Legacy, Freya and Slink Hourglass you can find clothes for now. In that order.  Although its a tossup on Freya vs Legacy for availability. Hit up any current shopping event to confirm.

New stuff perhaps. But the inertia of what's been out for years sets that with Legacy distantly behind Hourglass.

Between Maitreya, Legacy, and Freya the main think you will notice is how big can you get the bosom...

I've long said Maitreya deforms - but I've been testing it lately and managed to get it working well even at 100. At 100 is it still notably a smaller cup than Freya which is notably a smaller cup than Legacy.

In terms of how bit they can get: Legacy -> Freya -> Maitreya. Losing about 10-20% with each. There are kits that make you look bigger but they do that by deforming the underside of the bosom, and this looks worse, in order: Maitreya (you will even note deformers for it tend to have negative reviews) -> Legacy -> Freya. Freya warps least but it is still extremely obvious once you know what to look for.

If you really want a big bosom avatar, the best choice is... Maitreya... with the addon 'Proud Girls'... that gets you into the realm of a chest about 30-40% bigger than your head... ie: beyond reality, more in the realm of your average 90s era superhero comic book female... Note that once you use Proud Girls there are basically less than 10 pieces of mesh clothing in existence for it - this is really only a choice for full time nudists.

If a big bosom is not your concern then... the choice between these 3 starts to matter a LOT LESS when it comes to shape...

With a whole lot of dial finesse, I have managed to get an alt wearing Maitreya to stand inside myself wearing Belleza Freya and almost mirror each other - slight differences in the 'saddle bags' and Maitreya takes a LOT of work to get the shoulders as narrow as Freya, but I got there with shoulder 0 and oddly - dialing UP body fat then many other things down...

Legacy I didn't try yet - because I'm not fond of it for a nude look (lack of good intimate parts) which is my usual look.

Everytime I've tried with Hourglass I've gotten nowhere - it is too different of a body shape, but I may try again now that I have managed with Maitreya.

I still have a LOT of trouble finding clothing for Legacy. If it's extremely new they're present about as often as Freya but if I'm shopping and looking at anything older than a few months it's not there - and that will be most of the store in most brands.

Once thing about Maitreya vs Freya vs Hourglass is that if you switch between them often you already have all the clothes you need already in your inventory and just need to set up your outfits again (3 alts switched to Maitreya this weekend - because they had bought Maitreya back when it first came out so I finally updated 2 of them to test against Freya and one was mostly current as the source of my common criticisms).

If you plan to be involved in 'A' activity you most likely want Maitreya at present, because it's the only body with a good fitting genital attachment for females... (sensations' brand new item - not the only one fitted, but unlike the other two it has no seams and no gaps). If you don't this doesn't matter.

Lag is another issue to seriously think about. Right now, because of BOM and Maitreya doing a recent update... Maitreya wins here.

If you wear just the single layer of Maitreya, and do all your tattoos and makeup with BOM - you can be pretty lightweight. Also, the delete scripts button of 5.1 Maitreya actually deletes 100% of the scripts (on Belleza it leaves a 64kb script in there).

Legacy is next because it's just normal.

Belleza, much as I love it, is a beast. The thing has a few million polygons, and if complexity was mathed fairly would have a score of about 1.7 million or so... It is just too many different layers are packed in there. I am hoping it takes a page from Maitreya and the update has a single layer 'no bosom option' version in the pack... that ALSO cuts out about 30-40% of the polygons (Regalia has a body that can wear Belleza Freya clothing, with perfect animation, and is about 17,000 polygons - but it has paws for feet because it's for furries - so Belleza CAN be improved, if they choose to do so).

TL:DR : I hate to say it, but right now the ideal choice probably is Maitreya 5.1 or newer, wearing just the single layer, using BOM. And get sensations or proud girls if you do 'adult' content, even though sensations may soon also support other bodies...

ps: I had to make new avatar physics for each body - Maitreya needs the 'amounts' on the dials set about 20% (bounce) less than Freya, and the 'limiters' (drag) set about 50% higher. Maitreya also has no physics for the butt - so no twerking with it... then again nobody does a good twerking dance animation anyway... 😉 (and if they do, it just reveals how poor SL's overall rigging is when things bend funny).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

TL:DR : I hate to say it, but right now the ideal choice probably is Maitreya 5.1 or newer, wearing just the single layer, using BOM. And get sensations or proud girls if you do 'adult' content, even though sensations may soon also support other bodies...

Since this thread was resurrected by BabyLove Hammill's necropost...

@Pussycat CatnapYou posted the above on June 29th 2020 and in the meantime a new player has entered the scene. Sessions, originally just a skin maker, has been working hard on what I consider the best looking and most feature-packed lady bits. Known just as the V, it is available for Maitreya, Slink Physique and HG, and for Kupra. Legacy is high on their priority list but they have been waiting for the Legacy dev kit so they can start working on that. They also said that they will NOT be making one for Freya because there is not enough room on the body to accomodate for lady bits. 
Anyway, there's the update, in case you would be interested. You can find Sessions and the demo for the V on the MP, of course. Last time I checked they did NOT have a vendor for that in their in-world store.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Since this thread was resurrected by BabyLove Hammill's necropost...

@Pussycat CatnapYou posted the above on June 29th 2020 and in the meantime a new player has entered the scene. Sessions, originally just a skin maker, has been working hard on what I consider the best looking and most feature-packed lady bits. Known just as the V, it is available for Maitreya, Slink Physique and HG, and for Kupra. Legacy is high on their priority list but they have been waiting for the Legacy dev kit so they can start working on that. They also said that they will NOT be making one for Freya because there is not enough room on the body to accomodate for lady bits. 

As far as intimate anatomy is concerned, Sensations is who I would STILL go for. Very top quality, now works for most bodies, and is natively BOM.

And it DOES support Freya. That was the second body Sensations added to it's now rather long list.

It's the only brand I've found where the anatomy can 'spread' enough to fit male anatomy perfectly for explicit images without needing careful camera angles, and it 'hides' the body underneath so that it can be used for a variety of 'exposing' imagery.

20 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

As far as intimate anatomy is concerned, Sensations is who I would STILL go for. Very top quality, now works for most bodies, and is natively BOM.

And it DOES support Freya. That was the second body Sensations added to it's now rather long list.

It's the only brand I've found where the anatomy can 'spread' enough to fit male anatomy perfectly for explicit images without needing careful camera angles, and it 'hides' the body underneath so that it can be used for a variety of 'exposing' imagery.

I will look into Sensations, although I thought that this once legendary brand they were in their last throes before kicking the bucket. I have been there a few months ago and didn't see anything I hadn't seen several years before.

As for BoM and spreading, the V can do that too and remarkably well too. 

I kind of wish we could post pics of that here without getting in trouble so we could compare eachother's um... "parts" :D 

Of course, in the end it all comes down to what fits your needs and what you want out of it. So what would be perfect for me would be all wrong for you ;-)

6 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I wish. I once posted a pic of boobs there while I was under the impression that it should be fine there. 

I got a slap on the wrist and I learned my lesson. LOL

I guess "adult" doesn't mean what I thought it did. I wonder what it means.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 3:30 AM, Anna Nova said:

And then, of course, there is Ruth 2.0.  Which is free on MP, and in world.

I am a Maitreya user myself, and poo-pooed the Ruth, but then I was RPing the other day and came across someone using it to great effect.  Saves a lot of cash.

That person must be a skilled user, probably a long-timer. You present a newbie or someone who just isn't that much into modding with a Ruth 2.0 as their first mesh body kit and see how long they stay in SL. People advising Ruth use are building up expectations that are going to be met with disappointment. Hell, I was modding furry avatars in the sculpty and prim days, and I couldn't make that one look good. What's someone who wants to look good out of the box going to do  with it?

Edited by Blaise Glendevon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.