Jump to content

How can a person contact LL about a seller?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi, I purchased a bed on the marketplace. The bed does not work at all. I have refreshed the scripts, gotten redeliveries, all do not work at all. The seller in his instructions said to drop him a notecard if any problems. I went to his profile, his picture says no notecards. I have sent him multiple notecards, and sent multiple IM's to him and given him a week to contact me back. He has not. I am now out 5700L and am not pleased about it. Can someone please give me a link on who to contact at LL about an apparent fraudulent seller? I do not know what else to do. The demo in store worked fine. I have had other beds that work perfectly on my poroperty so there is NO reason why this bed should not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no point. You can report it as an Abuse Report. However, the Lab will not usually get involved in resident to resident disagreements.

I have you tried rezzing it in a sandbox and seeing if it works there?

Are you wearing the right group for your land?

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

My mind boggles at the thought of a bed that's worth L$5700.  It must be a truly amazing bed.  Well, if it works. 

Such pricing is usually for copy permission.

Since there is only one "creator" selling beds at L$5700 on marketplace, I guess we all know whom to be cautious of when buying a bed?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Such pricing is usually for copy permission.

Since there is only one "creator" selling beds at L$5700 on marketplace, I guess we all know whom to be cautious of when buying a bed?

The L$5700 beds use an old and rather temperamental pose engine as well. A few suggestions:

1) Do not sit on the bed before you try to call up the menu. When standing next to the bed, click on it and wait for the poseballs to rezz. If you're sitting on the bed itself when trying to call up the menus you may get a script error.

2) That engine uses poseballs and needs you to specifically give permission to be animated the first time you sit on the ball. The dialog asking for permission is often hidden or minimized and is easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

3) That particular pose engine also needs the scripts to be completely restarted if you somehow do something to revoke your permissions (picking "Stop animating me" from the menus will do it. ) It won't re-check for permissions after they're given once.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Such pricing is usually for copy permission.

Since there is only one "creator" selling beds at L$5700 on marketplace, I guess we all know whom to be cautious of when buying a bed?

Assuming I'm looking at the correct seller (and I only found one selling beds at that price), his ratings seem OK, so I wouldn't go that far. Actually, I wouldn't go that far anyway since all we have are OP's assertions regarding the issue and what he has done to try to resolve it. I suspect some sort of user error, but at any rate, I would want to hear the seller's side of things before making any judgments about them or their products.

I don't think that giving someone just a week before writing them off is fair, especially in the situation we all currently find ourselves in. it is entirely possible that the seller cannot be in SL at this time for a totally legitimate reason. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tried group tag, I own the land and have full rez rights with over 200 object space open for rezzing ability so I think that's a non issue.There is an issue with the scripts in the bed with pose 5 and 6 and it stops the initialization from completing. That is why I tried to do a redelivery in hopes I had a glitched delivery the first time. As such, the menu absolutely refuses to come up.The redelivery is also glitched, it must be on the sellers end. The original being delivered must be glitched is all I can think of. The seller should have received a message in email about having im messages, unless he has that turned off. its just really frustrating especially when his instructions stated to send a notecard, and his profile picture says no notecards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

The L$5700 beds use an old and rather temperamental pose engine as well. A few suggestions:

1) Do not sit on the bed before you try to call up the menu. When standing next to the bed, click on it and wait for the poseballs to rezz. If you're sitting on the bed itself when trying to call up the menus you may get a script error.

 

OMG.  That must be about seven or more years old. 

PLEASE NEW PEOPLE  --- DON'T BUY WITHOUT SEEING A DEMO INWORLD.     

 

Expensive lesson.  Sorry.   

 

Shop the events to find creators that are CURRENTLY WORKING AND LOGGING IN.   That's $25 US.   

/me sadly shaked head walking away.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Assuming I'm looking at the correct seller (and I only found one selling beds at that price), his ratings seem OK, so I wouldn't go that far. Actually, I wouldn't go that far anyway since all we have are OP's assertions regarding the issue and what he has done to try to resolve it. I suspect some sort of user error, but at any rate, I would want to hear the seller's side of things before making any judgments about them or their products.

I don't think that giving someone just a week before writing them off is fair, especially in the situation we all currently find ourselves in. it is entirely possible that the seller cannot be in SL at this time for a totally legitimate reason. 

Most of the reviews on beds sold for that price seem to be from 2013. Maybe there was a push to get group members to leave reviews or something, because it's odd to have almost all reviews from the same year and all of them positive. But that was also seven years ago, so buyer beware outdated stuff. The most recent review I found on any of the beds was one-star.

This is why it's important to look at the content of reviews and the dates. The overall star rating doesn't mean much.

12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OMG.  That must be about seven or more years old.

It was funny to check the review dates and then see this... you nailed the date.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

actually I rather liked the look of the bed. Yes I know full well it is old, but to each their own on its looks. Its the functionality and RLV that drew me to it. as for seeing it inworld, I already stated I had as well as tried them there. Thats why I wanted one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

This is why it's important to look at the content of reviews and the dates. The overall star rating doesn't mean much.

Yes, I know and I do, but my point was that I wouldn't pass judgment on the seller based solely on the report given in this thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, malcolmmerlyn1 said:

actually I rather liked the look of the bed. Yes I know full well it is old, but to each their own on its looks. Its the functionality and RLV that drew me to it. as for seeing it inworld, I already stated I had as well as tried them there. Thats why I wanted one of them.

Ah, well if it was inworld, couldn't you buy it there?  I missed that you had seen it. Sorry. 

If it worked "there" it seems very odd that it didn't work for you. Maybe there is something that you missed.  I have no idea how these work as I always hated them and never used them but others might have some more hints.  

 

STILL A GOOD TIP FOR OTHERS THOUGH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand the eagerness of wanting to hear back from a seller right away after paying them a large sum, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of such things as fraud that quickly. I'd keep trying to make contact beyond one week. There are other explanations for no response: some people don't log on as often, IMs get capped, not all notecards make it through to the recipient.

I had a quick look on mp and if I've guessed the correct seller, then there is a group inworld that you can join and perhaps raise your queries in group chat (as Sylvia suggested). Also, again if I've got the right seller, then based on the group info, that seller hasn't been online since early May so you can at least have comfort that you're not being ignored.

My suggestion, since this has worked for me in similar situations, is to send a notecard and IM once a week. Some, although very few, have taken up to two months to respond so just know that sometimes it just takes a bit of patience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...