Best viewer to use?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys.. not sure where to post :/ 

Seriously need help. I’ve picked up a new laptop (finally) off Facebook & for some reason Firestorm (which I’ve always used) refuses to render on this. Constantly freezing & crashing on the lowest graphics possible. No idea why.

Time to choose an alternative... any suggestions please? :( 

• Sad 1

Assuming you are not using a gamerlaptop, usually for cheap laptops 3D accelleration is minimal or even not existent.

And the older this kind of laptop the slimmer your chance of running a viewer.

You might try dowloading ( much ) older versions of the SL-viewer as a last resort.

Can you tell me anything about the graphical components ( GPU ) of this laptop ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, InventedSuicide said:

Uuuhhhh; I wouldn’t know about that >.< I’m not tech savvy at all. I can tell you it’s an Asus X453M... not sure if that’s of any use? 

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X453MA/specifications/

Which states Integrated Intel CPU only .. so the graphics is integrated into the CPU.

No. You cannot run SL on this. Sorry.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Jeesh. That’s me with a hole in my pocket. The guy said it works great for gaming. Oh well. :( 

THe guy probably only plays Solitaire .. :|

Wait .. however. .. if you know how to obtain drivers for the graphics and setup 3D in it you might be able to get it running. You need a techsavvy person at your laptop for that though.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It's a wonder that it even runs Win10 with just 2 GB.

Congratulations, you bought yourself an overpriced typewriter! Ask before you buy stuff. 

I'm sure she already feels awful, and it looks like she did ask and was mislead/lied to. No need to kick her while she's down.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

I'm sure she already feels awful, and it looks like she did ask and was mislead/lied to. No need to kick her while she's down.

It is what it is.. Massive kick in the teeth. Hopefully this can be a lesson for others. Don’t buy secondhand 💩 from Facebook. 

• Like 5

Well, at least contact him and ask!  Tell him, "Maybe it's fine for the games you play, but the game I mainly play won't work with it.  I'd like a refund, please."

If he refuses...well, put it back up for sale on FB, eBay, Craigslist, at the price you paid for it.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, InventedSuicide said:

Processor- Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHZ

Video Card- Intel(R) HD Graphics

RAM 2.0 GB

Operating System Windows 10

Ouch, I'm sorry,  that's a dual core processor with 2gb of ram with windows 10,  people are preying on people right now.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

I don’t know what this means >.< 

It means your specs are this low that it' s obvious you have been scammed ill advised to say the least. This machine would have never sufficed by all means for your intend and purpose. The seller should have told you it' s limitations and not affirm your expectations.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Never trust a snake oil rando on Fartbook.  It's unfortunate that you had to learn this expensive lesson.

You'd be better off looking at the recommended system requirements column by LL (https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/) and use that as a shopping list to look for offerings that will either meet or exceed the requirements at the more established stores such as Apple, Best Buy, or whatever reputable local shop in your area.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

You'd be better off looking at the recommended system requirements column by LL...

Only if you're really desperate. Those requirements are as up to date as that craptastic stuff from Facebook.

I summed up a list of components for an average gaming rig which will keep you happy in SL. Perhaps it can even be trimmed down to the upcoming Ryzen 3 3300X and 3100 for more savings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charge. The seller defrauded you. That computer isn't adequate for most modern games. Fraud should be ample justification for a chargeback, which should be a strong incentive for the seller to accept a return.

I, personally, would not buy a computer of unknown provenance from a stranger online. It's way too risky.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.