How do I feed my bunny?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m quite new to the game and a mentioned something about pets, I git a bunny Breedable as a pet to keep to put in my house every now and the  but the hunger on it keeps going down, kinda seems like that would be a bad thing, can Breedables die? I know for some reason they have a kill switch which is a little weird I guess. But I don’t know if it’s just ok to leave them in your envintory for extended periods of time. Just think there kinda cute and there pretty cheep to collect them, just need a little help with knowing how to care for them 

3 minutes ago, LadyDragoness888 said:

I’m quite new to the game and a mentioned something about pets, I git a bunny Breedable as a pet to keep to put in my house every now and the  but the hunger on it keeps going down, kinda seems like that would be a bad thing, can Breedables die? I know for some reason they have a kill switch which is a little weird I guess. But I don’t know if it’s just ok to leave them in your envintory for extended periods of time. Just think there kinda cute and there pretty cheep to collect them, just need a little help with knowing how to care for them 

Your best bet would be to see if there is an in world support group for the product and/or a website where you can read up on how it all works. Check out the store where you purchased the thing , and I bet you'll find info for one or both. 

• Like 1

There are basically four kinds of pets in SL.

• Shoulder pets.  These sit on your shoulder (of course!)  Sometimes they can say things, or you can say things "through" them, making them appear to talk.
  • Animated pets.  Some of these can be quite realistic and have a lot of artificial intelligence.  You (and others) can interact with them.  Some of them will guard your house.  They may come with accessories like a food and water dish, or toys.  But they don't actually need food, and are very low maintenance.  They can be quite expensive to purchase, though.
  • Breedables.  This is what your bunny is.  Breedables are scripted to have a sort of "life".  They are "born" by mating two other breedables.  They get hungry and thirsty, and must be fed (you buy "food" from the same place you bought your pet.)  They can "get sick" and require "medicine".  Eventually, they get old and die.  But before then, the idea is that you've bred your pet to another one, and raised a new litter of animals.  The coloration and other characteristics are determined by (software coded) "genetics" and some "rare" specimens can be sold to other collectors for a high price.
  • Actual avatars, operated by another human just as you are operating YOUR avatar.  Some people like to play animals, and some of them like being another person's "pet".  Sometimes, the "pet" is not even in animal form, although they will wear a collar and a leash.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Eventually, they get old and die. 

Poor creatures.

Certain kitties enjoy the whole of their 9 lives until it'll start raining cats and dogs... or you perma-pet them. 

But yeah, short and sweet, breedables usually come with an "upkeep" price for food and such. Think of a Tamagotchi, in a way. Even if they might get sick, the creators are usually so self-less and caring that they offer you a "medicine" tool to heal them. For L$, of course.

6 hours ago, LadyDragoness888 said:

the hunger on it keeps going down, kinda seems like that would be a bad thing, can Breedables die?

yes breedables can die from hunger, check the brand and go buy food for it.
Some have the option to make it real pets so they don't eat anymore, but mostly costly process...

if you can't find food...

cooking_001.png.23d7ecb9a92b2021513265be5334895c.png

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes breedables can die from hunger, check the brand and go buy food for it.
Some have the option to make it real pets so they don't eat anymore, but mostly costly process...

if you can't find food...

cooking_001.png.23d7ecb9a92b2021513265be5334895c.png

Did you just go all Basic Instinct and boil the bunny?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LadyDragoness888 said:

You need to buy food, from the same store as the brand of bunny you've got. I don't know about bunnies specifically or what brand makes them.

Most breedables don't actually die if you don't feed them, but they do get sick. Meeroos run away, never to be seen again. Most of them just lie down and don't move until they are well again. You can make them well by buying food and feeding them until they recover (several days) or by buying medicine from the same store (instant recovery).  You can keep the pets in your inventory but they will continue to get hungry in there, and will be sick when you pull them out, if their hunger reaches maximum.

If you want a pet that you don't have to buy food for every couple of weeks, you'd be better off with a non-breedable one such as those from Jian or Tomato Park.

10 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Poor creatures.

Certain kitties enjoy the whole of their 9 lives until it'll start raining cats and dogs... or you perma-pet them. 

But yeah, short and sweet, breedables usually come with an "upkeep" price for food and such. Think of a Tamagotchi, in a way. Even if they might get sick, the creators are usually so self-less and caring that they offer you a "medicine" tool to heal them. For L$, of course.

How do you premapet them? What dos that do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.