What I miss the most these past 30 days

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

those nagging thoughts -

Being told I should get out more, and thinking maybe I should

Worrying about not getting enough exercise, so now I have an excuse

Feeling guilty about staying up all night and sleeping half the day away,  and spending way too much time in SL

• Like 1

Going to the swimming pool had been going to a session for people with disabilities found being in the water then sitting in the steam or sauna for 5-10 minutes after good for my joints been feeling a lot more stiff and achy just on my medication alone
I also miss the freedom of being and to go and do what i like, when i like, where i like
Also lots of TV programs they are either rationing what's been filmed already or trying to hash programs together that would usually be filmed with a live audience and guests using Skype etc and they're just not near as good or watchable as they used to be

• Like 1

Going to the ballet and ballet guild meetings and activities. Local museum for lunch and afternoons lost in the galleries. Mani-pedi and massage. Gym, holy *****...though I’m getting plenty of exercise in the bend-stretch, lift, tote etc. by doing a massive Spring Cleaning...just no sauna, pool, jacuzzi after, just an Epsom salts soak, wah!

Otherwise, just shifting my attention to the things I CAN do, and finding creative ways of staying connected to social things without letting the social noise (FB) back in. I’m not one to dwell overlong on stuff though, I’m more about the ”welp, let’s just do this instead that for now” mode of coping. 

I miss dismissing paranoid thoughts of “what if society broke down” (usually after the most recent The Walking Dead episode).  & instead dealing with the sobering realization that we aren’t too far from it from the viral videos that pop up on FB & the news.  
So I limit my news skimming now to once a day.   & I focus on nice things like the frogs I can hear outside right now, & anticipating the song birds that will start singing in the next hour as the sun comes up.  I live in a tiny, very old suburb with hills & trees- it’s very nice :) 

Nothing!
Apart from Stockholm (the Capital), Sweden's been a bit of an a*se (as*) about the whole thing! Only now are they beginning to fall into line with the rest of the world. Cashier's at the supermarket now have a perspex screen in front of them and us = That's it! 

As a COPD sufferer and very high risk....it's a little scary but Swedes have always had their 'personal space' rules, the radius of which seems to have grown a little lately, so I hope for the best.  However, the pharmacy is in the same room as the Doctor's waiting area and I'm out of heart pills.... no way I'm venturing into that place! lol

"Bring back the 70's" eh? Lordy!  Don't think my ankles could handle the platform shoes these days and the 6 button waistband would have to become a 22 button waistband!  😂
Still, in SL we can just get the 'noob' male avatar and be done with it. A lot cheaper than all this mesh and BoM bollux!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.