Problems moving, staying in SL ... etc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

This has been going on for the past week now.  

No changes from previous week for me 

I can log in but after a few seconds I cannot move, then get logged out

Longest i can stay is like 5 minutes.   

Is there an issue with Second Life servers right now?

Does not matter where I go or the size of my character

I have 5 G and have never had a problem like this 

Is it because everybody is using SL now because of stay at home? 

• Like 2

It has happened to me intermittently with no rhyme or reason and independent of the number logged in. A relog fixes it. I've got a 230Mbps connection so it's definitely not that.

BTW< the recent record (last 5 years) of logged in at one time has been reached of 58K just this week but remember, 10 years ago on an older PC, I was doing just fine when we had daily concurrency of 88K. I think SL has wasted too many resources on their failed sansar experiment and neglected SL. (Sorry I had to get that dig in so flame away.)

• Like 2

Hi,

I’m in Florida, but I don’t have that problem. But, I can’t get to my Linden Home, I can’t get in the region. I have put in a ticket so I’ll wait and see.

And my connection and my network are one gig, so your speed is not the problem most likely.

30 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Hi,

I’m in Florida, but I don’t have that problem. But, I can’t get to my Linden Home, I can’t get in the region. I have put in a ticket so I’ll wait and see.

And my connection and my network are one gig, so your speed is not the problem most likely.

No does not matter which of my gaming computers I use or whether I use WiFi or cable   Nor does it matter which viewer I use.  This sucks !!!  Do you have a real small avatar? what is your size? 

Yes and I have been playing games online with zero problems   This makes no sense what so ever

tried and updated all viewers ensured VPN is off even  

same security software used as before ... even less 

ZIP  works for 2 to five minutes all loads up fine, then bang cannot move 

but can turn a look around, cannot TP then I get the boot ... even tried a real low weight Avatar same crap 

1 minute ago, lucagrabacr said:

Have you tried logging in into a different region? Or maybe it's on your ISP's end, my friend had a similar issue and he had to use a VPN, try contacting your ISP. Could also be your firewall but that's unlikely.

Ah so my VPN may help ... good one thanks  yes they might be slowing access to interactive sites in my area FNing SPECTRUM sucks ... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhilGalaxi said:

Ah so my VPN may help ... good one thanks  yes they might be slowing access to interactive sites in my area FNing SPECTRUM sucks ... 

nope sigh

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You might have a problem with your inventory such as a flat inventory which as i understand will cause what you are experiencing you should contact support via ticket or live chat if you are premium and they can fix it for you

nope small inventory 

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You might have a problem with your inventory such as a flat inventory which as i understand will cause what you are experiencing you should contact support via ticket or live chat if you are premium and they can fix it for you

flat inventory?  mine is very small  and my sister in law and wife  same problem   must be our service here  OK narrowed t down thanks 

Jane my wife told me that two weeks ago, they-our fearless HOA--- bought a community level with the ISP--- I cannot name here  --- I remember asking about the commercial rate we had ... they the ISP said TTHHWWIIIPPP blah blah no worry  I then started worrying. Then all the little herbies staying at home from school ... so no doubt THEY-ISP put a throttle on interactive-things?   So cannot finish my space ship I want to sell with 2-animesh yomen for the Captain 😞  big WWWAAAHHHH  only one of it's kind I or my pals know of, want to show it off to my BurningMan 2 buddies ... but so close yet so far 😞 So that is why I and even my wife can rez out in the usual instant time of about 10 seconds, and move around real well but another 20 seconds later and we are frozen ... Can turn look about but not move at all ... we can even chat... gone to diff locations which we can TP usually only once  ...  same thing... whether a pile of other avatars around on myself or my wife by myself 😞   Ya has to be ISP although stat numbers are good for both upload and downloads... I have heard of throttle software they can use. 

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Have you tried running a speed test to verify your bandwidth?

eaa16119f14afd0cca3ae39ecd0a1ec4.png

AHHHHH just tested it again and it fell off ... raining here ...  Kids inside blahhhh   

Ya a month ago we were like nearly 300 DL and 28 UL 

spectrummm.JPG

14 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Hi,

Both my wife and I were able to get to her Linden Home, but then same thing. 2 to 5 minutes later POOF we freeze then get booted 

42 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

..and still nobody showed his settings... funny

stat settings?which ones  ?? what are you referring to?

Like I said I have a small size AV and similar sized small inventory.  I even tried an alt with just a very basic heritage NONE mesh SL Avatar and next to nothing in the inventory.

Same darn problem no matter where I TP the little guy to ... 

However I did find out today that everybody in my neighbourhood is having problems getting onto SL or similar interactive sites ... so likely our cheap over used HOA ISP. 

also speed was shared above ... and the readings are OK then crap the next moment 

anyhow, what specifically should i be looking for sharing that I was able to eliminate on my own prior to coming here ? 

first the GD is the wrong place to ask, you should be in the answers or techie sections. Many people after 15 yrs of sl  still think speed is the thing.. while stable connection is most important.

open the viewer,  help menu / about
copy paste that info here, there's some usefull info in that file to have a first real guess about the problems. If that shows nothing it's often not at your side but your ISP.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.