The Horse's Mouth: Belli News from Patch/Moles/Lindens

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

News about Bellisseria can be gleaned in several places other than the forums - most notably in Bellisseria Citizens inworld chat.  But also in interviews, labgabs, blog posts, etc..  In the forums, these get mentioned in the "When did you last see a" thread (aka the Hoppers Thread), occasionally in the SSP thread.  THIS thread, if people care to use it, is for all of us to report when we see/read/hear, first hand, news relating to Belli coming from Lindens or Moles.  It is NOT for speculations by me or even Inara Pey or Daniel Voyager!  It's also not for discussion (much) of the news. 

Just the facts, ma'ams, Just the Facts.  (Heck, I'M not even old enough to know that reference!)

I'm hoping people can follow this to hear the latest "From the Horse's Mouth" news about Belli.  Obviously it won't be at the top of the Most Recent Posts threads very often, so following it might work best.

I'll start it out with the most recent news, earlier today, from @summernightsdream :

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm sorry, but you're applying a plaster over a problem that needs to be addressed by Linden staff.  Why should anyone have to pass on official information from resident sources?

Yup.

Why?  Because LL evidently WON'T use official channels for these crumbs of news, for reasons of their own that may or may not be good reasons.  Who knows?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

Also doesn't mean every word they say shouldn't be posted

(The entire tabloid/press/news media industry flourishes on this very thing promoting the cult of celebrity in the real world, and aren't the Lindens and Moles of celebrity status here in the virtual world in a manner of speaking?)

If you listen to the chatter in the Belli groups (and generally in the forums) there's an awful lot of speculation and misreading of what is said by Lindens and Moles as much as there is reading between the lines on what is not said. On top of that these same groups (and threads) generally get bogged down with noise that wander off topic that some like me have no patience to wade through so it's nice to have "just the facts" to cut through all of that. 

With so much development and the endless workload for the LDPW I'm not at all surprised that they aren't releasing official announcements with every little detail they drop like crumbs along the way. I dare say they simply don't have the time for that. The communication between LL and Residents has vastly improved over recent months/the last year or so which is awesome to see and on occasion take part in but like anything no doubt there's always room for improvement. 

Looking forward to see what facts are collected here sans noise.

And now I shall slink back into the shadows since I don't have anything official to say.

Because I'll likely be called out for contributing to the aforementioned noise... *cough* 😏

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

I worry that what is posted here will not be what a Linden/Mole actually said but someone else’s (mid)interpretation of what they said.

This is a well-intended idea, but could easily turn into a spit-show of, “Well, Patch said the next theme is igloos” followed by, “But Abnor said the next theme is Hobbit houses!”

And then someone gets fired.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it shows only that the marketing and info system used by LL after 17 years still isn't working.. or even exists.
All the years it's done by someone dropping some info ..start big... and than the info source dies.

I had a response ready, then closed my mouth again!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Thank you Nika for creating this thread.

I know that what I'm going to say is part of my response to the situation we're living in Spain, and all the tension.

But I really don't get why the LH Update post is not being used for log cabins updates; it has been another resident's decision to create a specific post.... As I mentioned in another thread, first comes first, and top priority is any LL employee to get ready for what it was to come in the US. We'll wait, it's all fine.

And I also get in these times we're living, we just have to go with the flow, because a lot of decisions have to be taken depending on the changing environment... 

But please, when an  update is made, use a proper channel . I never pay attention to the chat in world, it's a nightmare to me with all those messages, and LL is fully aware of the expectation the cabins have created.

Again, thank you for creating this Nika, it will keep us posted.

Edited by Elena Core
typos
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm sorry, but you're applying a plaster over a problem that needs to be addressed by Linden staff.  Why should anyone have to pass on official information from resident sources?

The official information is usually "Soon" with a "TM".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The New Linden Homes Update Post

I  was told last year by support to follow te above thread  it was tarted by Patch

as it would have all thhe information of the upcomming releases, homes etc.   the last post to that thread was Dec.18, 22019.   

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.