Recreating our Belli ponds

Elena Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Belli friends! I'm hoping to find some guidance here

I am totally in love with the little ponds around Belli, but it is not so easy to get one, o get something that gets closer to our Moles creations. I tend to go back to my Trad, located in a normal region, just because it is placed right next to one. 

I got an amazing and woodsy parcel today, really private, but I am missing my pond.

I have checked around the MP and stores inworld, a got at least 10, but they all look fake to me; they only one that looks nice and not a prim circle with a water texture, is the Snow Garden Pond by ASW

Has anyone successfully recreated them, or has any tips? Do you know of any item that might blend with the parcel?  I am sure I have missed many great ponds 

Thank you in advance for your help

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Check with @Coby Foden.  One of her homes had a pond and river, if I remember right - and it looked pretty good.  I have notes about the items used and some photos, but that is all on my home computer, rather than at work.

True, I recall commenting some of the amazing pics. I will check there too, thank you Lil 

Beth, I understand from your post that I may have made some kind of mistake, and the sentence Belli pond refers to something different in English. Please keep in mind many of us are not native English speakers nor live in the US, but we do our best to communicate and connect with a language and culture that are not ours.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Beth, I understand from your post that I may have made some kind of mistake, and the sentence Belli pond refers to something different in English. Please keep in mind many of us are not native English speakers nor live in the US, but we do our best to communicate and connect with a language and culture that are not ours.

Beth just doesn't like us to abbreviate Bellissera as Belli or any other abbreviation.

In the case of 'Belli', it sounds like 'belly', another name for our stomach.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Lil has it right. I really dislike the shortening of Bellisseria to the informal word for stomach. I think Bellisseria deserves better with all the work Patch and the rest of the LDPW have put into it.

It wasn't a slam on your use of the English language which is far better than my use of whatever your native language is since I speak nothing other than English and a smattering of vulgar French words! 

57 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Is a belli pond similar to swamp ass? Or is it closer to boob sweat? 

Oh yah.  References to swamp ass and boob sweat in a thread asking for landscaping help are INFINITELY less offensive than shortening Bellisseria to Belli.

Sure thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Oh yah.  References to swamp ass and boob sweat in a thread asking for landscaping help are INFINITELY less offensive than shortening Bellisseria to Belli.

Sure thing.

They are to me, yes. I hope you have a truly lovely evening, Nika.

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

You're fine, Elena! Call it "Belli" if you like, many of us do! :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then Beth, please just skip my posts. I am aware I make grammar mistakes, I dont always get the meaning of things due to belonging to another culture, I type too fast so some typos show up... But that is not going to stop me, because interacting with people is the only way to learn and improve our skills.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Belli citizens be like...

It's good that you have a humorous view of your own pearl-clutching over Bellisseria's name, I admire that, must admit.  😍

I give Moles & Lindens a great deal of credit for their work in Belli.  I also credit them with knowing the difference between a homonym and a synonym.

The only reason why I mention it is because I think it's just a tiny bit mean of you to jump into an innocent thread with scatological references, even if you didn't mean to insult the OP.

Sea what I did their?

Spelling and context make a whirled of difference.

Belli is not a synonym of belly, even if its pronunciation happens to remind you of the word.  I do not think we are demeaning Belli's creators by shortening the name; I believe they know we are not reducing their work to anatomy.

Even though Lake Fourze DOES bear a startling resemblance to a dragon's belly *laughs*

• Like 4

@Elena Core I sincerely apologize. It wasn't my intent to mock you. I made an admittedly bad pun, as most puns are, about the shortening of a word that I don't like. You are far from the only person who shortens Bellisseria. I generally don't like the shortening of any words. I had absolutely no idea that English was not your native language - and that is a compliment to your ability to speak (and write) it. 

Half of the named regions on Bellisseria are puns, and some of them are quite vulgar, yet I've not heard anyone take offense to any of those. I truly doubt anyone would take offense to a region called Swam Pass. It's almost as if... nah, no one here would deliberately look to find offense in my words just because they don't like me... would they?

There is literally nothing scatological about summer butt sweat. 

Edited by Beth Macbain
  • Like 5

To apologize for the rather snarky derail (sorry for my part in it) I built a pond using the pack I mentioned at a cute little Trad I happened to catch today.  It has rocks in the corner, so I built the pond using those as a border.  The water prim goes over parcel boundaries, but no anchor prims were required.  The pond's rather high because that's where the rocks were, which illustrates a problem with building ponds on completely flat land.  Might be a more straightforward exercise with one of those parcels that have a mound or hill at one end.

The pond itself is 11 LI, not including plants, just the surrounding banks, water and rock pond bottom.  I put plants all around the base - the grassy ground texture is not included in the "riverbank" pack, so I was hoping to somehow mask the join, and I don't have rocks that match the Linden rocks well enough to use many of those. It was a quick job, just to see how much LI a pond would use with this pack.

pond_002.thumb.png.bfe1ced65d667e853a7e062aa56240cb.png

pond_003.thumb.png.5c3c4289a2c64118c9837236e2cd62da.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.