LGBT place in SL?

rubyelena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, Rhun DeCuir said:

As an officially Gay Male type, I feel I can comment on gay life in SL currently.  

Good luck.

I can remember the days of yore when there were LBGTQ places where one could hang out and make friends.  I don't know of any that still exist; or at least, exist in the same way.  All that you find where there are actual people are either dance clubs or cruising spots.  In either case, everyone there is too busy in their pursuits to strike up a casual conversation.

In short, IMO, the gay scene in SL is rather dreary.

What about gay/queer/trans friendly spaces? I'm trying to get more serious into SL but haven't really found spots yet where I feel comfortable. To be really honest, I feel like a lot of the dance clubs and other spaces I have been to have either been elitist when it comes to avatar appearance (which is probably a symptom of RLissues users face, but still not pleasant), or just kind of boring. Would appreciate some recommendations while I still have this energy to find places in SL, not necessarily queer ones, but queerminded...

On 3/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, Rhun DeCuir said:

As an officially Gay Male type, I feel I can comment on gay life in SL currently.  

Good luck.

I can remember the days of yore when there were LBGTQ places where one could hang out and make friends.  I don't know of any that still exist; or at least, exist in the same way.  All that you find where there are actual people are either dance clubs or cruising spots.  In either case, everyone there is too busy in their pursuits to strike up a casual conversation.

In short, IMO, the gay scene in SL is rather dreary.

I hang out at Adventures of Dust quite a bit; it's primarily dancing & club events but it's a very chatty and friendly group with most people active in local chat. It reminds me a lot of Boots Beach, from those days of yore, if you remember that one.  While it's primarily focussed on gay guys (mostly but not exclusively twinks) it welcomes any gay-friendly people regardless of gender or orientation.  And its not just that awful rave music that's so popular in most gay clubs. A few of the DJs are older in RL than their avatars appear to be, so we get a lot of rock and 70s/80s/90s music too. Most of us are on the Euro side of the Atlantic so most of the events are before 6pm SLT.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 12:47 PM, Matty Luminos said:

A few of the DJs are older in RL than their avatars appear to be, so we get a lot of rock and 70s/80s/90s music too. Most of us are on the Euro side of the Atlantic so most of the events are before 6pm SLT.

That place sounds fun. If all avatars are welcome as long as they are gay or gay-friendly regardless of appearance and gender then I might hit it up. Thanks for the heads up. 

28 minutes ago, sundaesugar said:

That place sounds fun. If all avatars are welcome as long as they are gay or gay-friendly regardless of appearance and gender then I might hit it up. Thanks for the heads up. 

All except child avatars, it's A-rated.

• Like 1

Boystown Live is a nicely designed sim(s) but is mainly targeted towards gay/bi males. They have a clubs, stores, cafe areas, rental properties and other less M and more A activities in certain areas. I honestly stay clear of those though, so it easy to do if you're also not interested in that kind of thing 😁

Their online radio station is something I've been listening to for years and is really good as well, commercial free. 

As a older gay man in real life, I miss the old gay bars they used to have in the earlier days of SL. Some of them were quite lively places. Things just aren't the same as they used to be, however...

I confess that I have slipped into a female alt and visited the Lesbian Teahouse a couple of times, just to check it out (I had absolutely no intentions to catfish anybody!). From my brief observational visits, it always seems to be a fairly busy place, but yes, most of the conversation must be taking place in IMs because it is very quiet!

But if anybody does know of a place for LGBTQ* people that is NOT all about cruising for sex, I'd love to hear about it. It would be nice to chat with other gay people, regardless of what avatar they are using (male or female or attack helicopter).

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, Trish Heartsong said:

I found a fun place called” BARE SUN BEACH “ Bare Sun Nude Beach is only for Girls: Straight, Shemale, Lesbian, Bisex and Herm. Male Avatars are not allowed. Here is a link to a YouTube video and there are other links listed there as well   https://youtu.be/Wjmd3bjrZyw

Bare sun beach is nice and the dance floor is great too.  

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.