LGBT place in SL?

rubyelena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are quite a few such places.  I recently stumbled across a "Gay Gor" place (obviously not "By The Book") and there are a number of Male Dom/male sub BDSM places.  Just use search inworld, should be able to find plenty, even if BDSM and Gor aren't your thing. 

My gosh, @rubyelena...practically the whole of SL is an LGBTQ+ friendly area.  Just steer clear of the people who immediately ask you to verify your gender with RL pics or voice, and you won't have too much trouble.

However, while most people are tolerant of others' preferences, not everyone shares them.  A simple search will turn up clubs and hangouts for gay, lesbian, and trans folks, if you are looking for a partner in pleasure.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Elaloy said:

The Lesbian Teahouse

I had not been there in ages (I don't usually seek out women only places) but I took an alt there recently.  It's a nice place with plenty of traffic but it's so quite.  I take it that most people are reading profiles and talking in IM.  I will have to find The Secret House now. Thank you for mentioning it, @Elaloy

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I had not been there in ages (I don't usually seek out women only places) but I took an alt there recently.  It's a nice place with plenty of traffic but it's so quite.  I take it that most people are reading profiles and talking in IM.  I will have to find The Secret House now. Thank you for mentioning it, @Elaloy

The Secret House is expensive to join, but they seem quite active. I assume the expense is to keep out those who aren't really serious about being there. I am quiet and ridiculously shy which means I'm sitting in the Lesbian Teahouse reading profiles. I started cracking up when you said that lol. /me slaps self with a reminder to be more social

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This was my experience as well. I spent half an hour there. No one said anything in open chat.

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Quiet lesbians that's a new one. The ones I know are quite loud and lively that's why I like them. 

The Secret House is something I just tumbled to recently, but it looks very nice as a gathering spot.

Saturday evenings, Club Tryst is quite the hangout and they run late. I think they have other events during the week but I am not sure of the schedule.

Velvet Thorn is quite welcoming, but its primary focus in FemDom (not FinDom) within the BDSM community. They are charming folks (disclaimer: I take pics for their blog every Saturday evening, so I am biased) and worth a look.

In principle all of SL *should* be LGBTQ+ friendly, but this is sometimes not the case. Its a big grid and not everyone is as enthusiastic about everything as I would like. Thats their prerogative, I just try to avoid the mean ones.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2944914721c112a6435f

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

you're really just a sweet little teddy bear.

𝔏𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

As an officially Gay Male type, I feel I can comment on gay life in SL currently.  

Good luck.

I can remember the days of yore when there were LBGTQ places where one could hang out and make friends.  I don't know of any that still exist; or at least, exist in the same way.  All that you find where there are actual people are either dance clubs or cruising spots.  In either case, everyone there is too busy in their pursuits to strike up a casual conversation.

In short, IMO, the gay scene in SL is rather dreary.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.