What are you listening to?

Must be 4 years now since you know what 😷 I remember how weird it was, working from home for the first time ever, and then all my local supermarkets being stripped bare :(...and then one morning, finding a Tesco Metro that had just restocked, and being the only person in there and able to buy food and drink and shower gel again :D And this song was playing in the store...don't think I will ever forget it!

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Thanks for something new and different!  This one is going in my playlist. 

ETA:  I had to look up the band.   Siberian folk-pop.  New to me!

Very welcome! I just found them yesterday while on my usual deep dive into the depths of YouTube to find new (to me) world music and I've been grooving since. I am OBSESSED! Throat singing and a jaw harp? Yes please! Been binging their videos since. And yep, indigenous Siberian folk pop/rock. So good!

I'm diving back down into YouTube soon, so I'll post anything else interesting that I find!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

ohhh...I had just added them to Mixxx for an Earth Day presentation...but a song that's a bit more mellow:

The new single of the ethnic group OTYKEN - GENESIS tells about how it all started. Under the ice - earth, from the earth - flowers, from flowers - nectar, from nectar - honey. We all came from the ice and someday we will return to the ice. OTYKEN band - These are Siberian natives from a small indigenous people (Chulyms). The song "Genesis" tells about the healing of people with the help of nature. It is not only about natural food, but also about the sounds of nature, about fresh air and contemplation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1