What are you listening to?

I'm a bit nervous about posting this, but ... if I may rather shamelessly promote my own Soundcloud page... I play keyboards and sing (croak) some old songs.  :)

All songs here are older than 70 years.
It's very old school. Just like myself despite the nice looking SL avatar...
A couple of instrumentals are my own - Summer Memory & Elga.
The older jazz songs & lullabies have special meaning to me.

I have played piano for 60 years now, and bought a lovely Roland keyboard a few years ago plus one extra "JV2080 module" and that's what you hear. I don't use any pre-recorded backing tracks.

These songs were taped (I still say "taped") more or less in one single take from start to finish. You have to program the bass & drums in advance to get the right rhythm - and then play on top of that, in real time.

"Smoke Rings" has a sax solo in the middle which is overdubbed - admittedly - but that's pretty much the only one.

My voice is weak-ish I know. Yes, it is me singing... all flaws included.
Tagline:  "I try hard!" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, QuietEventide said:

All songs here are older than 70 years.
It's very old school. Just like myself despite the nice looking SL avatar...
A couple of instrumentals are my own - Summer Memory & Elga.
The older jazz songs & lullabies have special meaning to me.

I have played piano for 60 years now, and bought a lovely Roland keyboard a few years ago plus one extra "JV2080 module" and that's what you hear. I don't use any pre-recorded backing tracks.

I Love it! And your voice is lovely!

The keyboard instrument sounds are very interesting, I just got a "newest generation" Roland Integra-7 (rack mount synth), they've come a long way!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The keyboard instrument sounds are very interesting, I just got a "newest generation" Roland Integra-7 (rack mount synth), they've come a long way!

Thank you so much.
My main one is a Roland BK9 and in addition I have a JV2080 module (second hand) to get one extra layer of sound (usually brass, strings or choirs from the JV).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1