LOUD HORN SOUND in belleseria sims. PLEASE make it stop!

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do not know where to put this but i came on sl for a few minutes and all i'm hearing at the belleseria area are three LOUUUDDD horn sounds. PLEASE Linden lab turn them off, they are off the continet sort of, but I have tried to mute them and it will not mute, PLEASE SHUT them off please!! Who can live  with this racket. PLEASE STOP it! :/

• Sad 1

Why not just turn off sound while you're there? If you actually want the sounds to stop, you'll need to file an abuse report and be MUCH more specific. Ideally you'd turn on World/Show/Beacons/Sound sources, find the offending objects, and abuse report them specifically. You can try blocking them while you have them selected, too, after you file that abuse report.

But you're certainly not going to get any response at all from the Lab by merely posting something here in the General Discussion forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I do not know where to put this but i came on sl for a few minutes and all i'm hearing at the belleseria area are three LOUUUDDD horn sounds. PLEASE Linden lab turn them off, they are off the continet sort of, but I have tried to mute them and it will not mute, PLEASE SHUT them off please!! Who can live  with this racket. PLEASE STOP it! :/

if it's hearable on your parcel, simply limit sounds to parcel only

• Like 2

It's in the hills /mountains where the moles build I guess.. I enjoy sounds, why should I have to turn mine off because there's an annoying loud sound? :O( Plus I make videos with sounds in them so it's very frustrating, i haven't heard this until today. It sounded like a boat a t first then i found the sound as I cammed around in those hill areas. :o Normally it's very quiet. :o

9 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I enjoy sounds, why should I have to turn mine off b

Alwin  said that you can restrict noises to your parcel. Or you can turn off all noise. Or you can find the source and ask the owner to turn it off. Or you can file an AR. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings!

Please file an Abuse Report so that the Governance Team can try to locate the sound. 

Please stand/fly where you can hear the sound and then click on Help - Report Abuse. 

File the Abuse Report against Governor Linden. 

The Abuse Report will allow the Governance Team to visit the exact location in world where you can hear the sound.  They can then work to locate exactly where it is coming from and what is causing the noise. 

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@Jaide Beck  , I don't get it.  What do you have against posting the name of a region where these noises can be heard?  Or send it to Garnet via a direct message?  Please realize that people are just trying to help, they know how to use the viewer to exactly pinpoint where the noises are coming from.

I have never heard any mole make noises while they build, other than the occasional gesture while conversing, like anyone may do.

Constant horn noises are probably some resident's boat or something.  If you let someone figure out exactly where they're coming from, you can just mute that object, and still hear the moles' lovely soundscapes.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

I found something like that in Bellesaria, a loud runaway vehicle that had lost its driver but continued to run. It was jammed into a house on a parcel that didn't have autoreturn set, grinding away. I was able to push it off the parcel onto a Linden road, where it was autoreturned after a few minutes.

Saw a similar situation near Brussiac. A fast boat with no driver had become jammed in a mall store at a marina and was loudly thrashing around. I was able to push it around and get it aimed out the door. It took off into the Blake Sea and disappeared at high speed. I found out later from the owner that the boat made it all the way across the Blake Sea, through about six regions, beached on a parcel with autoreturn set, and was then returned to the owner.

These were probably the aftermath of region crossing failures. Vehicle scripters, check for no-driver runaway and stop your vehicles, please.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

Please file an Abuse Report so that the Governance Team can try to locate the sound. 

Please stand/fly where you can hear the sound and then click on Help - Report Abuse. 

File the Abuse Report against Governor Linden. 

The Abuse Report will allow the Governance Team to visit the exact location in world where you can hear the sound.  They can then work to locate exactly where it is coming from and what is causing the noise. 

Thank you!

Thanks so much. :))) I haven't heard it in some time, but if I do I shall do as you have told me. :D Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

@Jaide Beck  , I don't get it.  What do you have against posting the name of a region where these noises can be heard?  Or send it to Garnet via a direct message?  Please realize that people are just trying to help, they know how to use the viewer to exactly pinpoint where the noises are coming from.

I have never heard any mole make noises while they build, other than the occasional gesture while conversing, like anyone may do.

Constant horn noises are probably some resident's boat or something.  If you let someone figure out exactly where they're coming from, you can just mute that object, and still hear the moles' lovely soundscapes.

When I first moved in I saw a boat and I told the man who owned it and he came and fetched it. :D 

Edited by Jaide Beck
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.