Bellisseria is raffling off a racist submarine...???

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

Intolerance

Linden Lab encourages social interactions between users across multiple countries. The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation is prohibited. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame users or groups are similarly prohibited.   

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/content-guidelines

Examples of Prohibited Content include:
Cruel or hateful content that could harm, harass, promote or condone violence against, or that is primarily intended to incite hatred of, animals, or individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, nationality, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Who is putting on this auction? Is it the community group? 

And who made this offensive, vile product? I need to make sure they never get a single linden from me.

He seems to be very active in all things Bellisseria. I don't know him at all. But that isn't saying much of course. I'm just surprised that nobody else thought to tell him that it wasn't appropriate. Or maybe I'm not surprised. *sighs* 

Edit: She (not that it matters)

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3

I don't think it was put there with a racist motive. It was put there by a dutch person who probably doesn't understand what that flag means in america. I cannot remove it but I was able to cover it with a prim and will contact the person who put it there and explain and ask that person to remove it. 

• Like 8

Just now, Christhiana said:

I don't think it was put there with a racist motive. It was put there by a dutch person who probably doesn't understand what that flag means in america. I cannot remove it but I was able to cover it with a prim and will contact the person who put it there and explain and ask that person to remove it. 

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

If he knows enough about the US to know the Dukes of Hazzard, he should know enough to know that flag is incredibly offensive. 

These things are not as well known here as they are in america. There was no racist motive and it has been removed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I agree, I find it hard to believe there was any racist intent.  I thought the maker was Italian - the first name translates as "Bee", and the creator's been making vehicles forever, really well respected creator.   They are displaying 3 models of the same vehicle, the other two paint jobs are completely inoffensive.  I'm suspecting that s/he ran across the name "General Bee" somewhere and thought it'd make a cute theme because of their avatar name, perhaps without much awareness of US history. 

There are a few other things being raffled there, including Analyze Dean's immense riverboat.  No idea who the raffle benefits.

The raffle is part of the elaborate "Bellisseria on Ice" event.  On the event website, they thank Patch Linden and Missy Mole for making the event possible.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DevinKnights84 said:

wow, people need to breathe seriously, clearly it was part of the general lee paint job. This has already blown way out of proportion. 

Actually, it is a General Bee paint job ... who wikipedia tells me was also a confederate.  That's important because the name of the vehicle is the SueBee.  The maker is also one of the creators of the great little runabout, the "LittleBee", and as I mentioned, their first name translates to "Bee" in English.

• Like 1

It doesn't take even 1 post to know when people are overreacting and causing more of a problem than the object itself. but, keep throwing childish fits and attempted insults and gaining post count, doesn't do anything for me. I'm not here for numbers and popularity. also, its funny how everyone attacks this but not the source, everyone continues wearing and using/displaying demonic symbols all over sl, no one does anything about those. hmmm.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

How is anything I said inflammatory? I've actually been trying to keep things objective & factual and l just asked that we move on. It's a hate symbol as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center, that's just plain fact.  Glad the matter was swiftly attended to, tho.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DevinKnights84 said:

It doesn't take even 1 post to know when people are overreacting and causing more of a problem than the object itself. but, keep throwing childish fits and attempted insults and gaining post count, doesn't do anything for me. I'm not here for numbers and popularity. also, its funny how everyone attacks this but not the source, everyone continues wearing and using/displaying demonic symbols all over sl, no one does anything about those. hmmm.

Objecting to hate symbols is not overreacting, but I do have to wonder why you defend them. 

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.