You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Also, it's embarrassing ("Why on earth would Scylla want that???").

It actually has never occurred to me that this might run across a persons brain about me when flipping through my wishlist...o.o

You just gotta have no shame! []: *sagenod*

But you did good at a start to a wishlist! It's insightful to a theme that you clearly enjoy! X3 and it'll be extremely helpful to all your gift givers, I'm sure. 83

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

It actually has never occurred to me that this might run across a persons brain about me when flipping through my wishlist...o.o

You just gotta have no shame! []: *sagenod*

But you did good at a start to a wishlist! It's insightful to a theme that you clearly enjoy! X3 and it'll be extremely helpful to all your gift givers, I'm sure. 83

Well, I didn't even include the embarrassing stuff (although there's one baby doll in there).

And I left out the incredibly dull stuff -- like the ceiling/floor builder's mouldings I've been eyeing . . .

It's one long Roman Orgy, my SL, let me tell ya . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*sits and stares with entirely too wide of eyes.*

Waaaaat...

You don't saaay... 83

Do tell. n.n

But for realsies, i don't personally think there should be any shame in using wishlists. =p if you buy when you see, ya know, yeah, you may never need it. But it's also great just to stuff things in thar that you don't have the means to get right then when you see it but want to remember it for later.

That's personally what I do with mine at least.

I'm sure a good bit of us don't actually make them with vain hopes that we'll receive copious amounts of gifts from it from everyon who looks at them--but who knows, *some* might. U:

It's whatever you wanna make of them. 😄 it's just another list of things.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Catrie said:

about dang time grumble grumble

Who is to say we can't do both? or aren't doing both?  It isn't a choice between one or the other, after all.  We can better spread the Holiday spirit around that way. 😊

No one said to not do both??? I'm not sure why you felt the need to post that reply.  Im not sure what you wanted to accomplish with your grumble.

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I didn't even include the embarrassing stuff (although there's one baby doll in there).

And I left out the incredibly dull stuff -- like the ceiling/floor builder's mouldings I've been eyeing . . .

Do it!! Add ALL the things!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

No one said to not do both??? I'm not sure why you felt the need to post that reply.  Im not sure what you wanted to accomplish with your grumble.

Well, my grumbling is because I've been after Scylla to make a wishlist for some time.  Because buying random gifts is fun!! 

As for yours, I could say the same for your post. Text is finicky.  Each person reads it differently.  To me, your post came across as we should be doing something more "worthwhile" like helping a child in need IRL, than frivolously doing a present exchange in a video game. Now, that may not have been your intent, but I hope you could see how it could come across that way, in text format.  I apologize if I took it in a way that wasn't intended, but I don't feel like my response warranted a " I'm not sure why you felt the need to post that reply", either. So, I'd say we're even. 

• Like 4

Though I do think Tarina's Xmas suggestion in helping a child in need, in RL, was good, extremely humbling, and noble, I am a tad confused myself as to what its reason for being posted here was.

I wouldn't say it's entirely irrelevant if that's just their wish on their personal wishlist for Xmas this year, however the thread is about doing a 'secret Santa' game, in SL, with other members in the forums who wish to participate to sort of celebrate the holidays, in SL, and bring some holiday cheer here, in SL...and its purpose is not much else, really. :3

It would be interesting to have a thread maybe about what all people are wishing for for Xmas this year, but this isn't the thread for that because it doesn't quite follow the intent of the event that this thread is proposing and may actually spoil the fun. n.n;

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

Though I do think Tarina's Xmas suggestion in helping a child in need, in RL, was good, extremely humbling, and noble, I am a tad confused myself as to what its reason for being posted here was.

Not to mention (at the risk of starting another bonfire like I did in another thread in another section of the forum) be VERY careful when you pluck a child's name off that tree in the mall because there is a really good chance the gifts you buy won't be going to any child whatsoever. Especially that one great big charity I won't name but they wear uniforms and ring bells. 

If you must buy gifts for a child, please visit a LOCAL charity (not to be confused with a large one like the one I won't mention that has a branch in your area) and see what your local charity needs. 

And as someone who works for a charity - we'd really rather have your cash. In December we get SO MUCH STUFF that we end up with way more than we need, especially when it comes to the stuff for little kids (if you're picking an ornament, please consider the teenagers and older kids that get so overlooked because they aren't as fun to shop for as babies and we always end up out buying stuff for the teens). I can't speak for other organizations, but we share when we have all the presents for the kids we need with other local charities that haven't gotten as much, which is great, but it means either your gift is going to sit on a shelf in someone's stockroom, or it won't be benefiting the charity you're trying to help. 

We need the cash. Not just for keeping the lights lit on the Christmas trees, but for the kids brought in on Christmas Eve because Mom is in jail and Dad just OD'd and a member of our staff will be out at Walmart at 3am on Christmas morning buying gifts for those kids so maybe their Christmas morning spent in an emergency shelter is only slightly less sh*tty and we need money to do that). 

Please don't anyone let my words of caution there derail this thread! Go forth and keep posting your SL Christmas lists!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Please don't anyone let my words of caution there derail this thread! Go forth and keep posting your SL Christmas lists!

I moooostly appreciate this part in regards to just being on thread topic, (so thank you for that), but the rest is all good too.

It's all pretty informative and clear of intention and prolly worth while to someone out there who may be doing charity stuff this year. :3

goodness knows if I was donating to kiddos I honestly prolly would have just set up a little box of toys to give. ><

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, momomoonusagi said:

Yay! Welcome!

Will you be posting a wishlist? There's been quite a bit of back and forth on them.

Which I'm kinda grateful for. It helps put into perspective what can be changed or not changed about doing all of this again next year. n.n

But anywut,  I am extremely happy to have you join all of us! ^^

My wishlist.  Yes, there is a theme.  

Image result for homer hiding

Edited by Nadia Chatterbox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joseline Tiratzo said:

Bringing us back on topic. I'd like to join in. 🥂 Cheers.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlists/Joseline.Tiratzo

Woo! Welcooome! ♡

I don't think I've seen you around the forums before? So, welcome to that too if you're new! I'm so glad you'll be joining all of us! ^^

5 hours ago, Nadia Chatterbox said:

My wishlist.  Yes, there is a theme.  

Image result for homer hiding

XD best gif to represent wishlist posting, evar! (Even if it was about your theme. X3 )

It's so good to have you! Welcome! ♡

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 7:30 AM, Marut72 said:

I would like to join. Just working on my list right now. 

Yay! I'm so glad! ♡

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you and welcome you. o.o clearly I never visit this end of the forums. XD

But welcome and happy to have you join us! ♡

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, momomoonusagi said:

Yay! I'm so glad! ♡

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you and welcome you. o.o clearly I never visit this end of the forums. XD

But welcome and happy to have you join us! ♡

Got my wish-list together... mostly poses for a happy 2020 :)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlists/Marut72#

Thank you for including me. This is fun.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CheriColette said:

Im joining

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlists/CheriColette

I think the wishlist is a great idea, there are so many different bodies its good to have a guide when shopping for friends. 

2 hours ago, Minami017 said:

Yay! I'm so happy to have you both! ♡♡

Welcome!

You guys popped in at just the right time, because today is the last day to let me know you want to participate!

Starting tomorrow, I'll be sorting everyone out! ♡ 

• Like 6

Just a quickie message to say I'm far too late to the thread; I'm not participating in this.

But I do have a real list and I've sent gifts to many of you (including those I suspect have a sh*t list with my name on it LOL). So this message is to say that if you receive a gift from me, it's not related to this Secret Santa thing and your Secret Santa may still have not revealed themselves.

With that said, I wish to offer my heart-felt best wishes to all of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Just a quickie message to say I'm far too late to the thread; I'm not participating in this.

But I do have a real list and I've sent gifts to many of you (including those I suspect have a sh*t list with my name on it LOL). So this message is to say that if you receive a gift from me, it's not related to this Secret Santa thing and your Secret Santa may still have not revealed themselves.

With that said, I wish to offer my heart-felt best wishes to all of you.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't join in >:

But I am really glad to see and read about others doing this idea in their own way. ♡ I'm sure someone's day was made from the gift giving, and it's humbling to hear about. X3

As for the people participating in a secret Santa via this thread, I'm going to have the results sorted and let everyone know who they're getting by Sunday! ♡

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

I'm a little disappointed you didn't join in >:

But I am really glad to see and read about others doing this idea in their own way. ♡ I'm sure someone's day was made from the gift giving, and it's humbling to hear about. X3

As for the people participating in a secret Santa via this thread, I'm going to have the results sorted and let everyone know who they're getting by Sunday! ♡

Oh, I figured I was too late. Thank you though, receiving is nice, but isn't quite as much fun as giving for me. I only wish there're a way to give anonymously.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

Thanks @momomoonusagi good to know. I wonder who I will get :)

One thing on anonymous gifts>>>>I am weary about opening 'presents' from people I dont know or expect to hear from, so while its lovely you send people gifts Alyona, I wonder how many get through security and how many are merely sent to trash unopened.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh, I figured I was too late. Thank you though, receiving is nice, but isn't quite as much fun as giving for me. I only wish there're a way to give anonymously.

You missed the deadline by a day for this thread, but it's all good, I've been encouraged to do this again in the future. n.n so there's always next time.

And of course there's always just doing anyway like you did. :P♡ there really doesn't need to be a thread for it, but having one I think makes it feel more community-like. X3 just showing some selfless luv is what it's about, at least to me. But I'm like you, the giving is way more fun to me than the receiving, even if all gifts received are appreciated. V:

And it would be one of the coolest things if there was at least an anonymous way to give gifts through MP. >< 

33 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

Thanks @momomoonusagi good to know. I wonder who I will get :)

RIGHT?! THE ANTICIPATION IS FOR REAL!

X3 SO! exciting!

Edited by momomoonusagi
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.