Sexual expressions

Isa Walmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everybody, I bought a mesh av recently after years of not logging on second life and I was wondering if the sexual expressions are bought separetedly or they come with the heads? mine just stays motionless. I got a catwa destiny head of 900L. Thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not really a questions about the Forum itself as far i can undertstand :) ( thats where this section is for)

if it's about a specific product you'r much faster answered when asking in the inworld usergroups.

Oh not really, it's about heads in general. It's hard for me to understand mesh yet.

3 hours ago, Isa Walmer said:

Hey everybody, I bought a mesh av recently after years of not logging on second life and I was wondering if the sexual expressions are bought separetedly or they come with the heads? mine just stays motionless. I got a catwa destiny head of 900L. Thanks in advance!

You might like these ones :)
But, i dont think your head is Bento. So it wont work....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bento-Sex-Mocap-Animation/12640099
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bento-Oral-Sex-Expression-Female/13410237

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

12 hours ago, Isa Walmer said:

I'll try to be a little more helpful...

A Catwa head for 900L$ is the old style static head. You can buy add-on facial poses for it (they call them animations, but they are not animations - they are facial poses). These heads have been around nearly since the introduction of mesh into Second Life. The way the "animations" work is through a HUD, you usually have to manually select the expression you want on the hud, then the face will mimic that expression.

Truly-animated faces are accomplished with BENTO mesh heads. I won't go into detail about what BENTO is as it relates to SL, but to say that it is the "newest feature" specific to mesh attachments, including the Avatar face. For Catwa heads, those sell for $L5000 (L$5010 on Market Place) - and competing heads ranged from $L3000 to $L6000 and even higher.

If you choose to get a BENTO mesh head, shop around, grab every Demo you can find try them, scrutinize them and so on.I am sure there are some low-cost and free heads out there. I'll leave that list to others in the know.

Lelukta have "expressions" that are intended to be adult in nature. There's also the Dirty Secrets Expression HUD that plays sound too along with the anims from memory (don't quote me on that). But neither are included with any head per se... (no puns intended), Lelutka expressions only work with Lelutka heads, but I think the Dirty Secrets HUD works with any? Worth a demo and see for yourself. Good luck! :) 

• Like 1

you should have a look at Chrysanthemum..they have all kinds of different huds..they have a special section for the kind you are looking for also..

If you join their group ,they have some free little expression huds that have like yawn and sneeze..

I put those on random and pretty soon I'm yawning and sneezing  like crazy..it's pretty funny..

But yea,they have lots of other stuff  for expressions there also..

I love their dance hud with hand expressions and facial expressions..those are fun too..

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

you should have a look at Chrysanthemum..they have all kinds of different huds..they have a special section for the kind you are looking for also..

If you join their group ,they have some free little expression huds that have like yawn and sneeze..

I put those on random and pretty soon I'm yawning and sneezing  like crazy..it's pretty funny..

But yea,they have lots of other stuff  for expressions there also..

I love their dance hud with hand expressions and facial expressions..those are fun too..

Ditto. The Chrysanthemum animations are amazing and, for me, better than the ones from Catwa and the others I've seen (the facial expressions, I mean) - and the Dance Expressions HUD is the BEST! 

On 8/27/2019 at 4:02 AM, Isa Walmer said:

With the L$900 heads, all the animations are purchased separately, and you can buy just the ones you want. The full set of animations comes in at around L$3500, IIRC, but you don't have to buy them all if you don't want them. You'll find the animation huds on sale in store right next to the head you purchased - make sure you get the right ones for your particular head.

With the Bento heads, at L$5000, the animations are all included.

if it is like mine (LAQ - Bento) when I use furniture that animates the face (bed) it wont work without paying L$3000 for a HUD. they say in it you just need to click on the furniture button and it lets the bed animation animate your face.  I have this problem and am not happy with the outcome of the face not animating.. I payed enough for this without adding another L$3000. does anyone have a solution for this?

With the release of Bakes on Mesh (BoM) the static heads are going to become even less desirable. Before buying more animations/expressions for your head, you may want to see what comes out for Bento-BoM heads.

16 hours ago, Tiffffit said:

if it is like mine (LAQ - Bento) when I use furniture that animates the face (bed) it wont work without paying L$3000 for a HUD. they say in it you just need to click on the furniture button and it lets the bed animation animate your face.  I have this problem and am not happy with the outcome of the face not animating.. I payed enough for this without adding another L$3000. does anyone have a solution for this?

The basic problems come from the nature of Bento.

Static heads have numerous onion skin layers. Basically, a separate head for each animation. Each layer/head is an expression. The head does not animate or morph between expressions. The HUDs switch which head/layer is visible. Furniture cannot animate these faces.

The old static heads add expressions by adding more heads... layers of onion skin. A big ACI problem. This typically means only the original maker of the head can add expressions.

The new Bento heads use animations to move facial bones to create expressions.

To get new expressions for a bento head, you get new animations. The problem is not all facial animations work with all heads. Well, all facial animations move the Bento facial bones in any avatar as all avatar skeletons are the same. But, not all heads use all the facial bones or use the bones the same way. So, you have to test with a demo to see if they work on the head you have. But third-parties can make animations for any head and many work well. Just test before buying.

Many of the furniture animations were made before Bento. They didn't know about Bento bones and so there is no animation info in the animation file for the Bento Facial bones. $L3,000 for a facial animation HUD seems high, but that depends on what they are giving you. For instance the Smash Couch at about L$1,400 (that's from memory) animates Bento heads and hands. But, for better facial expressions than what's included there is a L$500 addon. This is more price right IMO. 

Edited by Nalates Urriah

On 8/30/2019 at 9:31 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Static heads have numerous onion skin layers. Basically, a separate head for each animation. Each layer/head is an expression. The head does not animate or morph between expressions. The HUDs switch which head/layer is visible. Furniture cannot animate these faces.

Ohhh I guess that's why my partner's bento's head face does move with the furniture but mine doesn't at all. 

Edited by Isa Walmer

On 8/30/2019 at 4:06 AM, Matty Luminos said:

With the L$900 heads, all the animations are purchased separately, and you can buy just the ones you want. The full set of animations comes in at around L$3500, IIRC, but you don't have to buy them all if you don't want them. You'll find the animation huds on sale in store right next to the head you purchased - make sure you get the right ones for your particular head.

So basically if I buy the add ons the face will animate when I'm on a poseball?

1 hour ago, Isa Walmer said:

Probably not.

Pose ball animation is either via the classic face-morph built-in the classic avatar or by animating the Bento bones. Neither of which the static heads can do.

The sort of flash card animation used by static heads is done via a script that changes the various layers to visible and to invisible. No pose will know how to do that, unless it is made for that head.

2 hours ago, Isa Walmer said:

No. Animations in furniture and poseballs are generally old ones for Classic heads only, which don't work with mesh heads at all. And only furniture where the creator has chosen to include them, will have them at all. Most creators didn't, as those animations are pretty bad and generally unpopular with users - many people refused to buy furniture that had them in.

It's possible that there are some creators who have included newer Bento animations, but I haven't seen any, and those will not work with your head either, because your head isn't Bento, it's a frame-animations one.

However, once you are sitting on the furniture, you can use your own animation hud to start a sequence of your own animations.

5 hours ago, Isa Walmer said:

No, your static frame animations head does not work with furniture/poseballs that has facial expressions.

Not even if you buy the ones for 2310 L or 1310 L with "Destiny" in the name at Catwa. These are ones that you can press the button on like "open mouth" on your screen. Your avatar mouth will then open. But it has nothing to do with the furniture, and your expressions does not stop before you stop them.

And don't buy Dirty Secrets Expression HUD or Chrysanhenum. They will not work together with your head.

It is a waste of money, go for a head with "Bento" in the description.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.