Jump to content
xBaeBeex

popular skins? your personal faves?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In Win-10 type: Calibrate Display Color... just 'calibrate' should bring it up. Windows will walk you through calibrating your monitor.

Thanks!  It's an old monitor, about 10 years.  Flat screen; possibly one of the first flat screens.   

But, I found an area where a menu drops down and the highest it goes is 32 bits and Windows 10 is 64 bits...could this be part of the problem?  I cannot find the RGB area yet.  

Sorry, for the derail.  eek.  Didn't mean to derail.  I am planning on asking Firestorm Support Inworld too as the skins really turned more orange with the latest Firestorm I installed for Animesh (non-beta) viewer AND I was hoping to use some of my older skins with BoM. 

Edit:  And, my older darker skins weren't orange before and it's the same monitor.  So, I'm not sure what is going on yet.   

Edited by FairreLilette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this thread, have been using it as a shopping guide, thanks so much! :)

I just moved to a mesh head, so updating my skin and make-up. Doing a lot of shopping, but am horrid at noticing details, so am very confused about the difference in skins. I know these are really stupid questions, but 1) what is the difference between different skins from the same vendor, in the same skin tones? I am having a hard time figuring that out. And 2) what does a L1000 skin get you over an L200 skin? Details? Make-up options?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Loving this thread, have been using it as a shopping guide, thanks so much! :)

I just moved to a mesh head, so updating my skin and make-up. Doing a lot of shopping, but am horrid at noticing details, so am very confused about the difference in skins. I know these are really stupid questions, but 1) what is the difference between different skins from the same vendor, in the same skin tones? I am having a hard time figuring that out. And 2) what does a L1000 skin get you over an L200 skin? Details? Make-up options?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

 When I shop for skins I set myself up in a pose stand and take pictures of each one from the exact same angle. I set the snapshot tool to show the UI so I can tell them apart. Then I can open all these in an image editor and flip through them quickly. It really helps me to see the differences between a bunch of similar skins. Things like nose shading, nostrils, lip shape and size, eyelids, eyebags, cheekbones, contouring are examples of what differs between skins even from a single vendor. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cicelydawn said:

 When I shop for skins I set myself up in a pose stand and take pictures of each one from the exact same angle. I set the snapshot tool to show the UI so I can tell them apart. Then I can open all these in an image editor and flip through them quickly. It really helps me to see the differences between a bunch of similar skins. Things like nose shading, nostrils, lip shape and size, eyelids, eyebags, cheekbones, contouring are examples of what differs between skins even from a single vendor. 

Great idea, thanks so much! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Loving this thread, have been using it as a shopping guide, thanks so much! :)

I just moved to a mesh head, so updating my skin and make-up. Doing a lot of shopping, but am horrid at noticing details, so am very confused about the difference in skins. I know these are really stupid questions, but 1) what is the difference between different skins from the same vendor, in the same skin tones? I am having a hard time figuring that out. And 2) what does a L1000 skin get you over an L200 skin? Details? Make-up options?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

I just bought a skin from this thread and bought a fatpack of skins from Amara Beauty for 225 Lindens which is a fabulous price!  The skin is lovely.  I have no complaints.  All I can see really is it has less options for the body more so than the face.  Amara Beauty's body appliers are free BUT I cannot find the body appliers for the one I bought the fatpack for though her tone 03 is okay with me when I wear a choker.  I'm happy with it.  Also, Amara Beauty has skins that I can purchase for 399 that will match tone 03.  I haven't taken the time yet to message the creator and ask if she still has the old body appliers though which I should do pronto cause I really like the skin.  

I'm having problems with skins turning orangish since I installed the new Animesh viewer.  My old classic skins look horribly saturated and deep orange and they did not look that way before so I'm not sure WHAT the problem is.  Also, with the new viewer...some darker skins are losing detail and a facelight even at the lowest I could find is too bright.  I made some very subtle facelights than most being sold on MP.  If anyone would like one, just contact me inworld and I will give you one.  I'm still tweeking them a bit before I put them for free in MP store or in my little inworld store.  

Have fun creating your new "you"!

CORRECTION:  Amara Beauty has body appliers for the Face I got at 50 linden for singles and 150 linden for the fatpack.  For the tone 03, the faces are 399 for Catwa.   I am very pleased with the skin and the price.  You just know when you like it or even love it and it really isn't always the price.  I just really love it!  The skin fatpack I got for 150 lindens has freckles or no freckles.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I just bought a skin from this thread and bought a fatpack of skins from Amara Beauty for 225 Lindens which is a fabulous price!  The skin is lovely.  I have no complaints.  All I can see really is it has less options for the body more so than the face.  Amara Beauty's body appliers are free BUT I cannot find the body appliers for the one I bought the fatpack for though her tone 03 is okay with me when I wear a choker.  I'm happy with it.  Also, Amara Beauty has skins that I can purchase for 399 that will match tone 03.  I haven't taken the time yet to message the creator and ask if she still has the old body appliers though which I should do pronto cause I really like the skin.  

I'm having problems with skins turning orangish since I installed the new Animesh viewer.  My old classic skins look horribly saturated and deep orange and they did not look that way before so I'm not sure WHAT the problem is.  Also, with the new viewer...some darker skins are losing detail and a facelight even at the lowest I could find is too bright.  I made some very subtle facelights than most being sold on MP.  If anyone would like one, just contact me inworld and I will give you one.  I'm still tweeking them a bit before I put them for free in MP store or in my little inworld store.  

Have fun creating your new "you"!

CORRECTION:  Amara Beauty has body appliers for the Face I got at 50 linden for singles and 150 linden for the fatpack.  For the tone 03, the faces are 399 for Catwa.   I am very pleased with the skin and the price.  You just know when you like it or even love it and it really isn't always the price.  I just really love it!  The skin fatpack I got for 150 lindens has freckles or no freckles.  

Thanks for sharing your experiences! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Thank you! For some reason I could not find it in Search or MP. :)

 

Me neither. :) (You can find it on Search inworld, though). It's one of the few reputable stores that had the 'snow' Maitreya skin tone applier I needed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

 

Me neither. :) (You can find it on Search inworld, though). It's one of the few reputable stores that had the 'snow' Maitreya skin tone applier I needed.

I went there tonight. Didn't buy anything but definitely LM'd it.

Tonight I loaded up at a make-up place, could spend hours playing with the stuff I got!

If you have any make-up vendor suggestions, I would love to hear those, too! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I went there tonight. Didn't buy anything but definitely LM'd it.

Tonight I loaded up at a make-up place, could spend hours playing with the stuff I got!

If you have any make-up vendor suggestions, I would love to hear those, too! :)

 

Me?! Ha! I almost sounded like I know what I'm talking about, right?! :) But no, honestly, I just started on all this good stuff like 2 weeks ago. And @PrudenceAnton gave me the vast majority of my starter-knowledge. I got some great new porcelain skin from Pink Fuel, though, the other day. I knew her her from back when, and she still makes great stuffz!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I went there tonight. Didn't buy anything but definitely LM'd it.

Tonight I loaded up at a make-up place, could spend hours playing with the stuff I got!

If you have any make-up vendor suggestions, I would love to hear those, too! :)

 

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

Me?! Ha! I almost sounded like I know what I'm talking about, right?! :) But no, honestly, I just started on all this good stuff like 2 weeks ago. And @PrudenceAnton gave me the vast majority of my starter-knowledge. I got some great new porcelain skin from Pink Fuel, though, the other day. I knew her her from back when, and she still makes great stuffz!

Everyone as their own taste in makeup styles.  My own preference is often lighter makeup so I can keep the natural beauty of the skins I purchase as the focal point.  I do have a few favorites though. 

-SU- (Suicidal Unborn) - If you want or need a dramatic makeup, I love theirs. But I also love their eyeliners with light to heavy eye shadows. They also have great mesh eye appliers.

L'Etre makeup - Is always a good go to for pretty, natural makeup, great lipsticks, too.

WarPaint* - I absolutely love their eyelashes.

Izzie's - I love for certain enhancements to my skins, like breast veins and such.

AG. (Avi-Glam) - Is my go to for great mesh eyes and appliers.

In the below photo, I'm wearing L'Etre lipstick and Suicidal Unborn eyeliner/eye shadow

46948998445_ea78d8f95c_o.png.c05a8cb931d38673fdf291854f52cb42.png

In the photo below, I'm wearing Warpaint* eyelashes and L'Etre lipstick.

48022323641_e16340209b_o.thumb.png.3d955e3f03de07818ca4e8924d9ec3e3.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For skins I have used:  L'Etre, It Girls, Glam Affair, Pink Fuel, The Skinnery, DeeTaleZ, Go&See, *YS&YS*, MILA, 7 Deadly skins,  Amara, Atelier Pepe, Insol, Lara Hurley Skins, Milan, remy&rowe, LAQ, Fiore.  And a few more not named here.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of mine are already mentioned by adding anyway:

Skinnery. Probably this is the most used of all of them.

Session

DeeTalez

Not Found

Tres Beau

It Girls

Atelier Pepe

YS&YS

L'Etre

Some of the others I like but don't use as much: Essences, Bold and Beautiful, Go&See, Amara Beauty, Pumec, Flesh

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

Me?! Ha! I almost sounded like I know what I'm talking about, right?! :) But no, honestly, I just started on all this good stuff like 2 weeks ago. And @PrudenceAnton gave me the vast majority of my starter-knowledge. I got some great new porcelain skin from Pink Fuel, though, the other day. I knew her her from back when, and she still makes great stuffz!

😁

I just bought my 'spendy' skin from Pink Fuel a couple of nights ago after a lot of cross shopping. Ivory, very pretty! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

 

Everyone as their own taste in makeup styles.  My own preference is often lighter makeup so I can keep the natural beauty of the skins I purchase as the focal point.  I do have a few favorites though. 

-SU- (Suicidal Unborn) - If you want or need a dramatic makeup, I love theirs. But I also love their eyeliners with light to heavy eye shadows. They also have great mesh eye appliers.

L'Etre makeup - Is always a good go to for pretty, natural makeup, great lipsticks, too.

WarPaint* - I absolutely love their eyelashes.

Izzie's - I love for certain enhancements to my skins, like breast veins and such.

AG. (Avi-Glam) - Is my go to for great mesh eyes and appliers.

In the below photo, I'm wearing L'Etre lipstick and Suicidal Unborn eyeliner/eye shadow

46948998445_ea78d8f95c_o.png.c05a8cb931d38673fdf291854f52cb42.png

In the photo below, I'm wearing Warpaint* eyelashes and L'Etre lipstick.

48022323641_e16340209b_o.thumb.png.3d955e3f03de07818ca4e8924d9ec3e3.png

Wow, awesome looks!

Thanks so much for the tips! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...