popular skins? your personal faves?

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd some feedback and help with skin stores.. so far, the only one I really know of/actively partake inis 7DS .. and i do love the skins, I have many from them in the last month.. but Im sure theres others.. I know of The Skinnerky a little bit.. but I dont really know what they do for loyal customers? .. theres a 100$ joining fee .. is there discounts or something? .. and I just visited WoW skins..but again.. im not familiar with them. 

any other stores or brands I'm missing? .. what is peoples favorites?

• Like 1

My personal favorites are Insol, The Skinnery, DeeTaleZ, Glam Affair and Mudskin. There are others but I’m not in world to look them up. The ones above have skins for all or most of the big bento head brands. I am actually not in any of the groups so I can’t speak to discounts or join fees. Have fun shopping!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

but I dont really know what they do for loyal customers? .. theres a 100$ joining fee .. is there discounts or something? ..

As a former loyal customer who bought about half of the entire system skin offers, it was a tad disappointing at one point that all new releases were pretty much Catwa exclusives and the very few releases for other brands felt ... well... as if they were lacking the same kind of detail and care put into them. Apparently, the majority of the strikingly attractive male head appliers have completely vanished as well, which is quite a shame.  
I don't remember a discount system (which might have changed in the meantime, though), but a couple of gifts for group members.

My personal favourites were already named... so tossing in a few more options: Session. Clef de Peau. Essences. Pumec. Murray. Kooqla. Lara Hurley. Not.Found. And new to me: enfer sombre and Go&See.

Also look at FlickR for skin groups and browse the photo pools.

If you wear a specific mesh head, find groups dedicated to share new releases. For LeLutka heads, that'll be https://www.flickr.com/groups/lelutkadevelopers/pool/ .
The brand creators will usually also have a list of skin designers on their websites.

Happy demoing :)

• Thanks 1

I've been always a fan of Glam Affair but switched to  Studio Exposure (extremely realistic body appliers in many options) and for head the matching brand is Tres Beau. I occasionally use ItGirls - these are also very nice and realistic.

• Like 3

I have long been a big fan of lumae.  Very good quality and she puts out all appliers for just about everything into the package -- you don't get 'nickle and dimed' to death buying "this head applier" and "that skin applier".

Plus, she is rebranding so all her current and past skins are on sale for 100L.

• Like 1

Right now it’s Itgirls, Bold&Beauty, Studio Exposure and Session.

If I see something I like from someone else, I’ll try them though.

Also, it seems like op is more into group gifts. Pumec makes nice skins and updates them and adds a new one monthly.

Edited by janetosilio

For Neph, I bounce between The Skinnery, Cureless[+] and Valkyr (VYC). I also have a skin from Pink Fuel that I really do like - but it's not pale enough!

• Like 1

In addition to many of the great skins listed above, I would add Esode to the list.  They seem to be rather a niche skin that looks to be late teens to early 20's and have very limited options with their body/head combos but the quality and pure beauty of the look is stunning.

• Like 2

Since I've switched to Catwa Jade, which is a really really really pretentious head that will look awkward with most skins, I've transitioned over to Amara Beauty, sacrificing a bit of details for the body parts. Amara also recently upgraded their skins for Legacy, so yay for me. ^^

However, before Jade, I had Genus Classic, Catwa Catya and Akeruka Valerie and my go to stores were Revoul, Mila and League. 

For extra realism, on my Maitreya body I used to add the Skin pores and blemished from Izzie's which was pretty much the icing on the cake; made any skin look so much more "alive".

Also one store I've always eyecandied hardcore but never managed to get to look properly with my heads is Studio Exposure. Very yummy skins, if you manage to get them to look right. ^^ 

• Like 1

My fav and the only one I use is Deetalez.  I love the girl next door look and am often a fairy or mystical creature with elf ears.  But you can glam Deetalez up a bit, too.  

You will find your favorite...it takes time.  

Try the lighting under environment called Annan Adored Optimal Skin (no shadow) for a better look at the skins.

• Like 2

LeForme does some really great skins, lots of character, and they don't neglect paler skin tones like most designers do. Prices are also quite good. I would also recommend Pink Fuel, good support for a range of mesh heads. alaskametro also has a couple of stunning skins that are a real bargain.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 7:24 PM, Adriana Ulich said:

In addition to many of the great skins listed above, I would add Esode to the list.

Esode is one of my favorites too and if you want the really youthful look, Danika is another good option. (And KimKy and Tokyo Girl of course but neither have updated for ages and are system body only.)

It's possible LAQ should be on the list too but I'm not sure. Mallory Cowen made some great skins for them but I don't think he works for them anymore and all the LAQ skins I've seen by him have been pre-mesh bodies so no appliers. I don't know if their more recent skins are of the same quality.

But really, there is no such thing as a good skin, there are only good skin-and-body combinations. A skin that looks absolutely gorgeous on one body can be a total disaster on one that is only slightly different. So take all the advice here with a grain of salt and try demos until you find one that suits your avatar.

• Like 2

I am so glad to have found this thread.  I got a fatpack of skins from Amara for 225 lindens.  The body appliers are free but not for this particular one I got...though I will just wear a choker for now.  The free tone 03 seems to match pretty good though.  

I looked at Pepe Skins and those are gorgeous.  There is just something about those that IS gorgeous.

For lighter skin tones, I like Deetalez though.

Finally, I have darker skins too!

(my monitor was turning some skins kind of orangish (and I don't know why yet - need to investigate it) but the Amara skins do not turn an orangey color on my monitor - so I bought them and at an amazing price!)

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

(my monitor was turning some skins kind of orangish (and I don't know why yet - need to investigate it) but the Amara skins do not turn an orangey color on my monitor - so I bought them and at an amazing price!)

In Win-10 type: Calibrate Display Color... just 'calibrate' should bring it up. Windows will walk you through calibrating your monitor.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.