PLEASE help me!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really need help, because I am absolutely fed up with this happening to me every time...

I am very new to Second Life, just under a month, I have spent a lot of time and money into making myself look nice.

And as a new member, I want to explore a lot of new places, so I search and I teleport to places, before I know it I am kicked out of my viewer, so I log back in and I see I got a notice saying something along the lines of "You are too young to enter this sim, you need to be older than 30 days to enter, you will be removed after 10 seconds"...

And by the time I read that, I am kicked out of the viewer YET again...

Now, the problem I have with this is that when this happens, my AO and my HUD items stop working or responding, so what I did last time was get a redelivery  on all my Avatars, AOs, heads, and anything and everything that stopped working.

I do not find this fair or remotely fun, and if this happens every time I want to explore this amazing world, then I will just refuse to ever come back coz this makes it so unfun and extremely tedious to just be who and what I want to be...

I do not want to remake all 7+ Avatars I have made every single week.

Can someone please help me with this please, because as I am now, I am not going to get redeliveries and just not come back to Second Life again..

So I am begging for help because I really do not want to leave

• Like 1

Basically there is that funny widespread believe that avatars under 30 days are more nuissance than anything else. I have no idea where it come from and I consider it quite arrogant. I tend to avoid those places even now that I am much older. But basically there is nothing you can do - users can do in their own places as they please - just go elsewhere.

Your scripts stopping sounds like something unrelated though. I had that when I crashed in certain sims - but never as annoying as you seem to have. Also a security device should never be able to log you out of your viewer... my assumption is that you crash on the forced teleport home.

Btw. where do you log in again? maybe you start out in a no script zone,...

• Like 8

For starters ( on helping you to retain functionality of your acquired items ) : when kicked out and before logging back in .. select your home position.

Prior to that happening you should set a safe home position i.e. a place were you are guaranteed scripts will work for you. Some sandbox location perhaps.

Should be enough places to select from for you.

Might also be handy to learn how to reset scripts in your items just in case.

Btw, if you only have a few days to go until end of the month, perhaps you should just wait a little more visiting places like that until the restriction is over. Select places you are sure of not having this issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Basically there is that funny widespread believe that avatars under 30 days are more nuissance than anything else. I have no idea where it come from and I consider it quite arrogant. I tend to avoid those places even now that I am much older. But basically there is nothing you can do - users can do in their own places as they please - just go elsewhere.

Your scripts stopping sounds like something unrelated though. I had that when I crashed in certain sims - but never as annoying as you seem to have. Also a security device should never be able to log you out of your viewer... my assumption is that you crash on the forced teleport home.

Btw. where do you log in again? maybe you start out in a no script zone,...

I log in to the last place, then after a few crashes it throws me into a random sim

It is probably not their fault or whatever... But it happens every time my viewer crashes from those places

12 minutes ago, SabrinaAlyce95 said:

I log in to the last place, then after a few crashes it throws me into a random sim

You might want to change your login location then, as you get yourself stuck in a cycle of being ejected (forcefully teleported out of the sim), crash before you reach your destination, and log back into the sim that ejects you before you can load.

If you haven't changed your home location yet, it should by default be set to the newbie island which can be a bit laggy (and I'm not sure whether they allow people running scripts there). Some sandboxes and various communities offer you to set your home place there until you find somewhere to call home.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SabrinaAlyce95 said:

I spend alot of time at this one mall... can I maybe make that my Home?

You should select a starting point, where you avatar will not be kicked out due to the „you are not older than 30 days“ limitations. I don‘t know which Mall you mean, but if this is a safe place for your avatar, you should give it a try by choosing it as your home location in your viewer.

29 minutes ago, SabrinaAlyce95 said:

Welcome to Second Life, Sabrina!

Not all places allow you use them as your home, and not all places allow scripts. You may someday purchase something that's "boxed", and you'll need a place to rez the box to dig out the contents. Not all places allow rezzing. If the mall you like allows all of those things, go ahead and set your home there. If not, set your home here...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Natoma

That's the "Ivory Tower of Prims" sandbox, which is also a good place to start learning about making things in Second Life.

Good luck, have fun!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Cuz sometimes I actually read what I write.
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, SabrinaAlyce95 said:

If you're a member of the group that owns the land, you can set your home on their lands. Or you can always set home at a Linden-owned mainland infohub

• Like 3

Though some places allow setting home if you're a member of the place's group, I just joined the Ivory Tower Library group and wasn't able to set home there. I doubt that stores and malls will allow being used as homes. I you use Firestorm (or possibly other third party viewers), you can enter a region name at log-in, thereby avoiding the vicious circle of crashing out on ejection, only to log-in to the same place again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I you use Firestorm (or possibly other third party viewers), you can enter a region name at log-in, thereby avoiding the vicious circle of crashing out on ejection, only to log-in to the same place again.

You can alter your login-destination in the LL viewer as well :

loginSL.png

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

Sabrina,

Welcome to SL!

If you've spent a lot of money, and already created seven alts in less than 30 days, you are REALLY moving fast.  Slow down enough to smell the roses!

If you are crashing when you're kicked out of some place...well, you shouldn't be.  First, find a good position to set as your Home location.  You can set Home on any land you own, or rent.  You can set Home on a lot of Linden-owned places.  And you can set Home on land that belongs to a group you are a member of, IF your group role includes that ability.  If you join the Caledon Oxbridge University Scholars group, you can set your Home position in the Rose Garden in the middle of the campus.  Having a reliable Home location MAY solve the crashing problem.  To set your Home position, go to land where you can set Home.  Then go to the World menu in your top menu bar and click Set Home to Here.

You might also look into possible problems with your internet connection.  Teleports can be hard on your connection, and might be the cause of your crashing.  This blog post sets out a number of things for you to check: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Next, the HUD problem.  HUDs can get broken if you crash unexpectedly while wearing them.  Make a safety copy of your HUDs and put them away in a separate inventory folder.  If one or more stop working, delete them, make another copy from your safety copies, and wear those.  If you forget, most stores now have a redelivery terminal where you can get a replacement.  Your Marketplace History also has a redelivery option, for items you've bought there.

• Like 4

Thank you ALL so very much... I have now been offered a home by a super kind soul ❤️

A few of you have contacted me in world giving me amazing offers, You are all super! ❤️

But I am sorted no, and thank you all for the help on how to do things ^-^

Thank you again, and take care all you amazing people ❤️

• Like 5

On 7/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, Fionalein said:

Basically there is that funny widespread believe that avatars under 30 days are more nuissance than anything else. I have no idea where it come from and I consider it quite arrogant.

The age limit generally is set up in regions that are more likely to be "attacked" by grievers who, when they get banned, love creating alts over and over to continu the grieving. Setting up the age limit prevents that. Its not that actual new players are targeted, its alts abuse. The really new players are collateral damage so to say. Not fair, but can be needed to keep the peace on a region.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

The age limit generally is set up in regions that are more likely to be "attacked" by grievers who, when they get banned, love creating alts over and over to continu the grieving. 

Which says a lot about those regions and wether you want to be near such owners ;)

Edited by Fionalein

If I owned an adult region where adult items were out in public and adult activities taking place, I would most certainly establish a minimum age to aid in preventing a lot of the griefing that we know those areas get targeted for.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.