How to get a Linden Home using Auto Refresh Plus

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Updated July 10, 2019

Due to the strain on Linden Labs servers with many of us using the Auto Refresh feature, I feel it is best to remove this information I posted earlier.  I do wish all premium members the opportunity to get a new Linden home but feel I need to do my part NOT to contribute to issues causing lag on the home feature page.  

With regards to all,

Prudence Anton

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Now THIS is a Thread I can get behind!  Thanks @PrudenceAnton for starting it!!!

I can attest this method does work... you must have patience with it because the results will likely not be immediate... don't get discouraged if you are too slow the first several tries... practice makes perfect and you can and will get faster at clicking through the screens.

AND I also encourage you to try it while sleeping 😃  yes you heard that right... SLEEPING... i got mine in the middle of the night while I was asleep and had to jump out of bed real quick and get through all the screens

Just get the computer close to where you sleep and turn that volume up on your computer so it will wake you up fast!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

With Chrome/Auto Refresh Plus, you can also search for parts of words.  So I search for "Trad" when looking for a traditional house, and "oat" when looking for a houseboat.  It seems to work fine.

Also be aware that occasionally, due to accidents of timing etc., the Refresh may trigger, but you'll still see a Meadowbrook property in the window.  In this case, pull down the "Select a Theme" box and select "Bellisseria".  All will be fine.

Another trick that some use is to pre-load the home name.  That is, before you start refreshing, type a home name into a regular LH screen.  Push Next, but don't proceed to accept the home ... just hit the back arrow on your browser.  The name will remain in the field, so when a Belli home comes up, you can just hit Next immediately.

I haven't had nearly the success that Prudence and Evangeline have had; I don't have much time when I'm near a computer.  But I let Refresh run, and one day when I walked into the computer room to get something, a boat popped up and, tho I had to cross the room etc., I got it!  So occasionally you don't have to be Speedy Gonzalez to succeed.

For such as me, it only needs to work once :)

(Incidentally, I use a 3 second refresh, not random.  Really doesn't matter, it's just a matter of having a refresh occur by happenstance at the exact right moment).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Now THIS is a Thread I can get behind!  Thanks @PrudenceAnton for starting it!!!

I can attest this method does work... you must have patience with it because the results will likely not be immediate... don't get discouraged if you are too slow the first several tries... practice makes perfect and you can and will get faster at clicking through the screens.

AND I also encourage you to try it while sleeping 😃  yes you heard that right... SLEEPING... i got mine in the middle of the night while I was asleep and had to jump out of bed real quick and get through all the screens

Just get the computer close to where you sleep and turn that volume up on your computer so it will wake you up fast!

I cracked up laughing at you getting out of bed to claim your house. That is awesome, congrats on that unique technique! 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Worked for me.  Took bout 2 weeks of off/on watching.  I missed quite a few also.  I bet I saw 25+ homes and 12 houseboats till I got a houseboat of my own.  But it took a lot.  Watching it constantly and persistently is the key.  Sucks, but how bad do you really want one?  

• Like 4

If your spelling is a bit random like mine, using 1024 as a search string works for traditionals and houseboats (older linden homes have a 512 footprint)

Also note (not personally tested) that the auto refresher for firefox worked better for some.

Test your refresh time with a search string for an older house. Too short a time will mean that the page won't load properly and the alarm won't sound.

• Like 2

I use Chrome Auto Refresh Plus too, though I have had some suggest that Firefox with it's Auto Refresh equivalent worked better. For me, Chrome is the better of the two.

How I do it;

1) When I first log in via Dashboard I select the yellow button: Get Your Home Now.

2) In the Name Your Home field I type in "Place" (with no quotation marks). Then I click Next. This is important because it saves the house name so I don't have to type it again (Note that I do all this BEFORE I have started Auto Refresh Plus or found a Bellisseria home). 

3) I return to my Dashboard. Select that yellow button: Get Your Home Now.

4) I open Auto Refresh Plus. Under Time Interval I select 1 (or 2) second. Under Page Monitor I type: Bellisseria.

5) In Auto refresh Plus I select the cog icon/button to open Advanced Features and under Page Monitor (at the bottom of the screen) I select Play sound until I click the notification box. Then I select the red Start button.

Then I sit back and wait.

Things to note:

This may not work for everyone and like @PrudenceAnton stated in her OP it's no guarantee, but they are the EXACT steps I follow everyday and I usually find at least one home a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on availability. I am usually online very early (around 1:30 a.m. SLT or any time after 6:00 p.m. AEST) which gives me a window of about 4 - 6 hours before those in the US wake up and things start to slow down. As such I usually am asleep when the weekly releases happen so what I catch are abandoned homes only.

It's worth noting that in the 3 hours I have been online tonight the refresher has picked up at least 5 houses (no houseboats yet). I haven't caught any.

I am not sitting there staring at Auto Refresh Plus all the time. Its running in the background as we speak while I do other things.

Sometimes during rush/peak times 1 or 2 seconds will be too fast and the page will crash. That's valuable seconds wasted, so if I think things are about to get busy I increase interval to 2 or 3 seconds minimum. 5 seconds seems too slow.

Sometimes the sound will play and I will have to manually select Bellisseria from the drop down menu under Select Theme. This isn't ALL the time and I have no idea why it only occurs sometimes, but I have still managed to select Bellisseria, Next, agree to the terms and conditions, and still grab a house. I thought it was a waste of time but I still caught a house this way last night, so it just goes to show it is doable.

Keywords that have worked for me: Bellisseria ; Belli ; Traditional ; 1024 .

As others have said; patience is a must. For every one I do catch I must miss at least five or more, but I always throw back what I catch. I know what I am looking for, so when I find it then the refreshing process will end (and I will abandon the one I have right now so someone else can have it!)

Hopefully this helps someone. Good luck! :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Purplerain Horowitz said:

Does the page stop auto-refreshing when it detects "Bellisseria"?

Yes. At least it does for me. I don't know quite how long it stays this way waiting for me to select the notification box, but I haven't tested the theory either. When I hear the sound I click as fast as I can. But to answer your question yes it appears to stop auto-refreshing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

Yes. At least it does for me. I don't know quite how long it stays this way waiting for me to select the notification box, but I haven't tested the theory either. When I hear the sound I click as fast as I can. But to answer your question yes it appears to stop auto-refreshing.

Thank you

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.