Jump to content
Pamela Galli

Blocking ppl from your MP store

Recommended Posts

I could be imagining it, but didn’t LL say not long ago that merchants would soon be able to block people from our MP store? how?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I could be imagining it, but didn’t LL say not long ago that merchants would soon be able to block people from our MP store? how?

I think you have to block them inworld and that carries through to the MP if I remember correctly from the posts at the time.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to personally block them not just ban them from your store. I recently had to look that up. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, now I remember — I was looking all through my store for some way to do it, duh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Of course, now I remember — I was looking all through my store for some way to do it, duh.

That might be because you were thinking logically instead of The Quick and Dirty Way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

That might be because you were thinking logically instead of The Quick and Dirty Way.

Are you saying Pamela is logical and not quick and dirty?  (Asking for a friend)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are you saying Pamela is logical and not quick and dirty?  (Asking for a friend)

I love how you end these kinds of questions with (Asking for a friend)! It always makes me chuckle. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been asking for this feature for many years. Apparently it has finally been implemented, but looks like there wasn't any official announcement, was there?

How does this feature work exactly? Is there any documentation somewhere?

So everybody I ever blocked in the past is now unable to buy my products on Marketplace?

What happens exactly? Are my items automatically being filtered out of the blocked person's search results?

What happens when the blocked person views my storefront?

What happens when the blocked person views a particular listing of mine? Is the Buy button greyed out or something? Or is there some kind of pop-up or message telling them they can't buy?

Can a blocked person still gift my items to others?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have one alt and she has editing rights and whatnot. I don't want to take any chances by breaking something. With SL you can never be sure something would not go glitchy, especially if this feature is still in some alpha/beta testing phase. It is important to me that the functionality between my alt and my main remains as it is.

Maybe somebody who has many alts and who has no problem blocking one of them can help me out with answers.

Or even better: maybe one of the Lindens can officially shed some light on this, as they should have done when they implemented this feature. I know there are people who have been waiting for this feature for many years, and who have no idea it has become available because they didn't happen to read this forum thread, as i did accidentally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

I only have one alt and she has editing rights and whatnot. I don't want to take any chances by breaking something. With SL you can never be sure something would not go glitchy, especially if this feature is still in some alpha/beta testing phase. It is important to me that the functionality between my alt and my main remains as it is.

Maybe somebody who has many alts and who has no problem blocking one of them can help me out with answers.

Or even better: maybe one of the Lindens can officially shed some light on this, as they should have done when they implemented this feature. I know there are people who have been waiting for this feature for many years, and who have no idea it has become available because they didn't happen to read this forum thread, as i did accidentally.

I was sure it was mentioned in one of the MP update blogs.  (I thought it was just before the  update that added managers)  but I have searched backwards 12 months now and can't find where it was mentioned.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

can't find where it was mentioned.

Found this thread, so it happened before Feb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot Whirly, this sheds some light on what is actually happening! Still, the questions remain:

So everybody I ever blocked in the past is now unable to buy my products on Marketplace?

Can a blocked person still gift my items to others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

o everybody I ever blocked in the past is now unable to buy my products on Marketplace?

Can a blocked person still gift my items to others?

Yes and no.

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blocking people from your store can be helpful if said person was stealing your products then reselling them/taking credit. Other then that i don't see a logical point to store ban someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chaosninja7 said:

blocking people from your store can be helpful if said person was stealing your products then reselling them/taking credit. Other then that i don't see a logical point to store ban someone.

There are some awful people who act pretty terrible, being rude and all that. Or just plain trolls. They often buy things too, just like other people. And whenever they get some problems with their purchase (most often their own fault), they tend to approach creators in exactly same way or even worse, because they feel like their <1$ purchase gives them right to abuse the creator and demand things. I highly doubt creators enjoy having to deal with that, no one does. So it's either ignoring them while letting them to purchase more things or just blocking them from the store. I'd chose the latter myself, if I was selling things. Some L$ are not worth dealing with some angry troll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...