Blocking ppl from your MP store

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I could be imagining it, but didn’t LL say not long ago that merchants would soon be able to block people from our MP store? how?

I think you have to block them inworld and that carries through to the MP if I remember correctly from the posts at the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been asking for this feature for many years. Apparently it has finally been implemented, but looks like there wasn't any official announcement, was there?

How does this feature work exactly? Is there any documentation somewhere?

So everybody I ever blocked in the past is now unable to buy my products on Marketplace?

What happens exactly? Are my items automatically being filtered out of the blocked person's search results?

What happens when the blocked person views my storefront?

What happens when the blocked person views a particular listing of mine? Is the Buy button greyed out or something? Or is there some kind of pop-up or message telling them they can't buy?

Can a blocked person still gift my items to others?

• Thanks 1

I only have one alt and she has editing rights and whatnot. I don't want to take any chances by breaking something. With SL you can never be sure something would not go glitchy, especially if this feature is still in some alpha/beta testing phase. It is important to me that the functionality between my alt and my main remains as it is.

Maybe somebody who has many alts and who has no problem blocking one of them can help me out with answers.

Or even better: maybe one of the Lindens can officially shed some light on this, as they should have done when they implemented this feature. I know there are people who have been waiting for this feature for many years, and who have no idea it has become available because they didn't happen to read this forum thread, as i did accidentally.

18 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

I only have one alt and she has editing rights and whatnot. I don't want to take any chances by breaking something. With SL you can never be sure something would not go glitchy, especially if this feature is still in some alpha/beta testing phase. It is important to me that the functionality between my alt and my main remains as it is.

Maybe somebody who has many alts and who has no problem blocking one of them can help me out with answers.

Or even better: maybe one of the Lindens can officially shed some light on this, as they should have done when they implemented this feature. I know there are people who have been waiting for this feature for many years, and who have no idea it has become available because they didn't happen to read this forum thread, as i did accidentally.

I was sure it was mentioned in one of the MP update blogs.  (I thought it was just before the  update that added managers)  but I have searched backwards 12 months now and can't find where it was mentioned.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

o everybody I ever blocked in the past is now unable to buy my products on Marketplace?

Can a blocked person still gift my items to others?

Yes and no.

Edited by Alyona Su

7 hours ago, chaosninja7 said:

blocking people from your store can be helpful if said person was stealing your products then reselling them/taking credit. Other then that i don't see a logical point to store ban someone.

There are some awful people who act pretty terrible, being rude and all that. Or just plain trolls. They often buy things too, just like other people. And whenever they get some problems with their purchase (most often their own fault), they tend to approach creators in exactly same way or even worse, because they feel like their <1$ purchase gives them right to abuse the creator and demand things. I highly doubt creators enjoy having to deal with that, no one does. So it's either ignoring them while letting them to purchase more things or just blocking them from the store. I'd chose the latter myself, if I was selling things. Some L$ are not worth dealing with some angry troll.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.