Why LL don't speak that New Homes it's only for some regions or some countries?

rachel Malvogen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

This may be the problem?

Not for me, I see the whole action with a laughing eye. I've been a user for 12 years and a premium user for 10 years, and I get along just fine without Linden Home. I wouldn't be happy with the few prims of a Linden Home anyway. Strictly speaking, I don't find LL's strategy so bad to win new users, but the time span in which there are new houses and houseboats shouldn't be too long, because that would annoy many.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damona Rau said:

but the time span in which there are new houses and houseboats shouldn't be too long, because that would annoy many.

Not understanding what you said here Damona. Did you mean the period in which there would not be enough houseboats etc?

In my view I don't think the Lindens are being that cynical, just the normal chaos of doing things with limited resources.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Damona Rau said:

It feels like gambling to get a new Linden Home - and IF I right remember, gambling is prohibited since years! 😂

Gambling involves the risk of loss?  What are you losing by clicking refresh?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:
On 6/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, Damona Rau said:

It feels like gambling to get a new Linden Home - and IF I right remember, gambling is prohibited since years! 😂

Gambling involves the risk of loss?  What are you losing by clicking refresh?

True. A more accurate description would be "lottery" rather than "gamble".

• Like 1

I can't imagine LL taking the time to implement a per-country filter for anything.  Besides, there are LOTS and LOTS of Brazilians in SL.  Why would LL exclude Brazil from anything?  

But in this circumstance, I think (as others have mentioned) that clicks from continents other than NA may have more latency in reaching the servers, making it even MOAR difficult to win a Bellisseria home.  That said, my latency to San Francisco is very low, and I still haven't gotten a house, despite using auto-refresh!  There are limitations on how long I can spend on the computer during the daytime, and the competition for them is mind-blowing.

Btw, Brazilians, you have a lovely country.  I've only been twice, but both times encountered many terrific people too.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2019 at 3:47 PM, Lovein1009 said:

If anyone did not get a new boat or home and really wants to be part of the new community here you go:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slippery Wharf/79/149/27

Open invitation to use my house boat. It doesn't have too much decorating in it, but it has a little.

Awee that's really cool Love. I will come visit :)

My wife and I live in Thailand, that puts us ahead of Linden Labs (PDT) by 14 hours (ITC) whereas you are only 1 to 4 hours ahead of Linden Labs depending on where you are in Brazil. Understanding that while we are usually sleeping is when the good people of  Linden Labs are coming to work we made a day out of the launch waiting for the new houseboats that we knew were coming because it was posted everywhere and Patch Linden was keeping everyone up to date on the status. We got up at 05:00 had a coffee and went to watch with the masses on the border where the moles were working on the houseboats. At about 07:00 we switched over to mobile and went to breakfast, which turned into lunch and then into dinner, we finally got home around 21:00 and still no release. We waited until after midnight and finally the houseboats were launched! I understand the houseboats sold out in less than 30 minutes. There has been no guarantee that anyone would get a new home straight away and a good deal of people wanting a new home have been trying for hours, days and months, I and many others feel that's part of the excitement of it all. If you want something bad enough you have to be persistent or someone who does want it bad enough will get it.  Smile, join the citizens group and join in the fun of the mad dash. Bellisseria has a lot more to offer than just a house and the community is opened to everyone.

Edited by WuShin
Not finished
  • Like 13

Its truly for everyone they do have helpers from all country's they may have to work something out. We all are in different time zones know matter the state or country I am few hour different central time. I know you don't wanna have to  change your sleep or trying to get day work at home. They want to hear this kind of feed back yes they need a night time shift for the houses to those that work all day those in other country's.  

Edited by Vanoralynna

4 hours ago, Vanoralynna said:

Its truly for everyone they do have helpers from all country's they may have to work something out. We all are in different time zones know matter the state or country I am few hour different central time. I know you don't wanna have to  change your sleep or trying to get day work at home. They want to hear this kind of feed back yes they need a night time shift for the houses to those that work all day those in other country's.  

If I engage in the services of a company in another country, I don't expect them to alter their business hours to suit me.

Second Life runs and operates on Second Life time, and that is Pacific Coast Time. Sure, they could add a night shift, but it wouldn't do them much good if something else failed beyond their control. An electrical outage, a certain piece of equipment fails or breaks and they need to get a replacement STAT. PG&E isn't open for non-emergency service calls at 2am, nor is Geek Squad (Yes, I know they do not use Geek Squad before anyone says anything).  I think more goes into their decision than just the desire to not have a bunch of sleepy-eyed Lindens and Moles pressing buttons in the middle of the night.

Although if they also wore footie pajamas while they did it, it would be ADORABLE!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

If I engage in the services of a company in another country, I don't expect them to alter their business hours to suit me.

Second Life runs and operates on Second Life time, and that is Pacific Coast Time. Sure, they could add a night shift, but it wouldn't do them much good if something else failed beyond their control. An electrical outage, a certain piece of equipment fails or breaks and they need to get a replacement STAT. PG&E isn't open for non-emergency service calls at 2am, nor is Geek Squad (Yes, I know they do not use Geek Squad before anyone says anything).  I think more goes into their decision than just the desire to not have a bunch of sleepy-eyed Lindens and Moles pressing buttons in the middle of the night.

Although if they also wore footie pajamas while they did it, it would be ADORABLE!

Zactly! I think Patch recently said there's a lot involved: regions have to come online in a sequence of timed events, so a lot of ppl are involved. And then he said they need to keep 'high level' ppl around (with high administrative powers, I mean), to be able to jump in when something goes wrong. Aka, they can't just let the B-team do it. :) It needs to be the prime folks engaged in the project, at their business hours, who really know what's going on. People will just need to find a way to live with that: as a European myself, so did I.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.