Why LL don't speak that New Homes it's only for some regions or some countries?

rachel Malvogen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My husband SL is premium and we are from Brazil and as soon as he knew he would launch the houseboats we stayed awake almost 24 hours, he updating the website and I the forum when opened the island he continued to update the site and did not appear Bellisseria as an option for  choice we were very pissed, he will cancel the premium account, as we are almost certain that released these houses by region and my country was not included, I think Linden Labs could be honest with its players and speak at least it would be by regions or countries for we stay not be waiting.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

People live in different time zones.  That is just a fact and the reality.    They don't just pick a country and say "hmmm no houses for them".  

I am sorry you did not get a house.  The houseboats were gone in less than 30 minutes.  I only got one cause I didn't work today.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, rachel Malvogen said:

My husband SL is premium and we are from Brazil and as soon as he knew he would launch the houseboats we stayed awake almost 24 hours, he updating the website and I the forum when opened the island he continued to update the site and did not appear Bellisseria as an option for  choice we were very pissed, he will cancel the premium account, as we are almost certain that released these houses by region and my country was not included, I think Linden Labs could be honest with its players and speak at least it would be by regions or countries for we stay not be waiting.

I am very frustrated myself; but, as for the timimg of the new release, 7 AM SLT was early enough for Americans to have started their day, and not so late Europeans would already have turned in for the night. Naturally, they can't possibly cover all timezones that way, but, as reasonable efforts go, this was a good one. I don't believe for one moment, though, that your country was excluded. Simply sucks to be us. :)

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I am very frustrated myself; but, as for the timimg of the new release, 7 AM SLT was early enough for Americans to have started their day, and not so late Europeans would already have turned in for the night. Naturally, they can't possibly cover all timezones that way, but, as reasonable efforts go, this was a good one. I don't believe for one moment, though, that your country was excluded. Simply sucks to be us. :)

Believe me I would have been equally disappointed if I didn't get one.  So I do understand why people are upset.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

Believe me I would have been equally disappointed if I didn't get one.  So I do understand why people are upset.

Count me among those who didn't get one. 😜 I still don't think they excluded her country, though.

• Like 3

I missed the initial release. I had notifications for the forum turned on and never got an email. I came in from mowing the yard - checked on my phone - and saw the new ones were live. I ran down and got on the PC and at first there was a home - just what I wanted! But it was gone before I could get it. Then the same thing happened with the houseboat next. Then for about 5 minutes it just showed old houses. suddenly a houseboat popped up and I snagged it - when I went in world to see it - there was a person there and they were in a chair. My guess is they had - foolishly perhaps - tried to play the lottery and get a better spot. 

I had a normal house pop up last night when I was refreshing - but it was taken before I could get it. I'd just keep looking - people will abandon them. 

But LL didn't exclude a country or time zone. They just went soooo fast as soon as they did go live. A matter of minutes for over 700 houseboats to get claimed is insane when you think about it. That's a LOT of people spamming the refresh button. I know someone who went to the bathroom just before the release went live - came back and they were all gone. LL watches the forums - Patch did make an announcement about them being released in 24 hours - something people wanted. But doing that kind of is a double edge sword. Yes you know a more exact time frame - but so does everyone else. 😕 

All you can do is keep trying - and LL will release more. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

People live in different time zones.  That is just a fact and the reality.    They don't just pick a country and say "hmmm no houses for them".  

I am sorry you did not get a house.  The houseboats were gone in less than 30 minutes.  I only got one cause I didn't work today.

I know, but he kept updating the page all the time and did not appear the option to choose for the houseboats, he and I don't sleep all the night and all the day at pc update, while some people celebrating in the group that has achieved your houseboat, he was updating the page fast and nothing happened, this region don't had  option for choice for he only others places for old homes...
But ok, np, it's only a I vent.
❤️

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rachel Malvogen said:

Also, there were times during the refresh process when the page did not default to the new ones, so you had to click the drop down and select it.  Not sure why that happened off and on.

I can pretty much guarantee though that they did not specifically exclude any region or country.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I guess that you answered my doubt

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, there were times during the refresh process when the page did not default to the new ones, so you had to click the drop down and select it.  Not sure why that happened off and on.

I can pretty much guarantee though that they did not specifically exclude any region or country.

I guess that you answered my doubt. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper Shadowcry said:

Patch did make an announcement about them being released in 24 hours - something people wanted. But doing that kind of is a double edge sword. Yes you know a more exact time frame - but so does everyone else. 😕 

Yeah, LOL. And I was amongst those asking Patch to do just that: give us a bit of warning in advance. Seemed reasonable at the time. :) But I can definitely see the double-edged sword there.

• Like 2

I get that you are disappointed for which I sympathise but then you go and lose all that sympathy by hurling out groundless and false accusations of bias on who got the homes.

Don't forget - you CHOSE to stay up all night. Nobody forced you to.

• Like 5

I'll second what LittleMe Jewell said, about having to click the drop down to see the Bellisseria option listed. It happened to me more than once. Once you've selected it, if you miss out on a house/ boat and go back to the  choosing page, it'll have Bellisseria as the top choice if there are any houses/ boats still available,  otherwise it'll default to Meadowbrook. But at the beginning, when it's been stuck on Meadowbrook as you refresh, refresh, refresh... it's worth clicking on the down arrow to display all choices. So next batch release, worth keeping that in mind, maybe.

I'm sorry you didn't get anything. Hopefully, you'll nab something when the next batch come out. I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rachel Malvogen said:

Edited by BriannaCascini
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was such a frenzy after the first release. I missed the first release and like you, stayed by the computer...even brought my laptop to work after reading the posts from Patch (you didn't hear that from me). I'm sorry you weren't able to get one, but don't give up and miss out on this new community. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

Hello everyone! first of all thanks for feeling solidarity
 yours.
And sorry for bad English.
So I was with my second wife friend of the "second life" in this race for gold (lol) or what it was called gerra dos home (lol), it was even fun with the frustrations we had like so many others. Good reason for me to comment that we do not want to believe that there was a distinction of regions, but the feeling that happened to us was this, I even did it in the drop down list, although it could happen not because of prejudice as quoted above did not happen this motive rather than "pims" - "server" or fluency of the language. But the fact is, they should have opened another shipment when all the active prizes had their home so as not to have injustice as to those who pay and do not receive the same product, so the exclamation of my friend is justified would also make a prize account and discouraged, as well as some friends who played with us years ago and will not come back, because they wanted to see how it was new houses to also create the prize account, I think there was an "Early Euphoria" on the part of linden . and I believe this sense of theory of the conspiracy Lmao, but I believe that it was not a distinction of regions, alias I want to believe in it, but a certain dehydrogenation euphoric in launching soon the new houses to please its users ... but it was fun these 24 hours, I saw the flying saucer and I thought to myself our Mars until they are coming to get the new houses will be difficult ... lol
Our frustration was only this, the fact that it did not appear for us the "bellisseria" village, not because it did not get the houses it was already expected the competition was enormous, there were people until Mars, a plane that land at sea to want to enter ..
again thank you very much for the feeling of solidarity !!!

• Like 1

Well I certainly would not assume LL excluded regions or nations or such... BUT ... it may be important how far you are from the servers. On Tuesday two alts of mine abandoned two houses (because their one month premium expired and I didn't want to refresh it). I tried to let a friend of mine have it. We both are in Germany. We appointed an exact time when I was to abandon the first house - and in the exact same second he began refreshing like mad ... still he did NOT get the house but a young woman from USA.

He commented: "Maybe we are too far away from the servers" - Don't know if he was right.

But yesterday when the great RUSH began and people started complaining about the "error" and writing in threads here "Hurray! I've got one!" - I refreshed like mad and was shown ONLY the old ones (no errors no houses no houseboats!) for about 2 or 5 more minutes! So finally I decided to logg out and logg in with a non-premium alt - HE was shown a HOUSE! So I hastily made him premium, but meanwhile the house turned to an ERROR and a minute later he ended up with a houseboat! And 2 minutes later Leora with the second houseboat - which she abandoned for what I was aiming at was a house.

So what I mean to say iis:  I guess that people in Europe might have been shown the new boats just a few minutes AFTER people in USA because of the distance!

PS: I just got a new information : maybe the bellisseria options have been there - in the dropdown menue!!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello all! I am new to the forums, not used to follow it but now I am since the first wave of bellisseria houses. I came here looking for some information and hoping for some answers about the LL new homes. So I kept reading and reading, trying to avoid writting.... cause my english is def not good enough to explain myself but no double, the new LL houses is a very big currently issue, dividing opinions, visions and above of all, feelings.

I read soooo many times about "patience". About "we are all equals" to LL. That we all have the same treatment, so no special treatment for no one. I read about the need to be well informed, following the forums, the posts, the need of being fast, I read about the "first served" theory.

So what is left to me to say?! Just about me. I cannot say what is like for you guys, just know about myself and how I myself see all that issue.

When I read "be patience",  "keep hitting refresh buttom" or "I am premium since day 1 and didnt get my home too", all I see are people trying to give some comforting, what is awesome, but also a bit of condescending with LL. Cause I want to believe that someone of LL team reads the forums. I would say that reading the forums and blogs and flickr and facebook and all social media with SL community should be a LL job..... not mine.... We cannot forget that LL is a business, is a company all premiums members pays for. I as a member (not premium anymore btw) didnt signed up to follow posts; when I made my account, was no writting, big letters or little bottom letters that I had to follow nothing to have the premium things. When LL gives xmas gifts or whatever, they send emails. At login screen, not dashboard, the login screen is plenty of informations. So why they did not broadcast it sending emails or setting that information on login screen?! I'm afraid the answering is quite simple... cause there was no enough houses for everyone! So... why release them? To please just the (no offense) refresh buttom hitters?! Isnt it selective in a sort of way?! LL is global, so as a global company dealing with all time zones, and willing to be fair with all members, why not wait to release them all only when they have at least the same number of houses of the existing premium members?! I read someone that wrote "why waiting?" To be fair with all who pays the same you do, maybes?! Cause as a matter of feelings, it socks to see people blogging their awesome new LL houses decorations when you that pays the same have to wait for God knows when... When you have the time to stop your rl life to be 24 available to hit a buttom? Is it fair?!

I knew about the new LL houses cause I saw a photo at  flickr. I went inworld to see the Apple Fall showroom LL house, run to my dashboard and saw at news "new lindens homes" and was like omagah! Imediatelly did my premium account again but... "where's the Bellissseria?, I only see the same old ones"! Thats why I started digging about and ended up reading here "they were gone in 2 days"! So why they didnt write that on the dashboard? "New houses sold out!" I would wait for more. But no. So no, I dont want to be"patience" or "keep hitting the refresh buttom". If they are selling something, they must deliver it as sold. Simple as that. It was no written that I had to blood sweat and tears (love the band lol) to get the new house. For those who did, congratulations but you shouldnt had to, it is not right for no one. That first served theory is a good theory for several situations but it doesn not applies here. Specially when not clear at the sign up. I saw comparisons with Iphone releases. Well, new iphones, you pay for it! Every single new iphone, if you want one, you sleep at the line to get yours but you pay for it. Not the same here. It is a service what you pay for here and that service you pay for comes with the described benefits, period. Is more like you sign Netflix to see GOT as advertised and when the episode world wide begin, you end up with a black screem cause there are too many people in the world to see it all at once! lol Thats why I do think they should had wait until theres room for everybody. Now that ship is sailing and frankly I dont see much more to do unless crying and complaining, the houseboat last released was full of the same mistakes that the first houses wave. And no, that LL talking "we didnt see it coming", I dont buy it.... We all know that housing is a trend in SL nowadays. For years we lived happily at sandboxes, plataforms, we just didnt care. Times now are very different. The number of themed residentials lands, carefully landscaped and decorated just grow and grow. So no, I dont buy that.

So sorry for complain like many did here, but I had to put it out of my chest... I did cancelled my premium account, got a refund and am waiting hoping something changes that really benefits us all!

Thank you all for reading all this. :)

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bela Tolsen said:

I as a member (not premium anymore btw) didnt signed up to follow posts; when I made my account, was no writting, big letters or little bottom letters that I had to follow nothing to have the premium things.  

I feel like that is a pretty fair point, and should definitely be made clearer to new members and included as a walk-through step when signing up to upgrade. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Bela Tolsen said:

Hello all! I am new to the forums, not used to follow it but now I am since the first wave of bellisseria houses. I came here looking for some information and hoping for some answers about the LL new homes. So I kept reading and reading, trying to avoid writting.... cause my english is def not good enough to explain myself but no double, the new LL houses is a very big currently issue, dividing opinions, visions and above of all, feelings.

I read soooo many times about "patience". About "we are all equals" to LL. That we all have the same treatment, so no special treatment for no one. I read about the need to be well informed, following the forums, the posts, the need of being fast, I read about the "first served" theory.

So what is left to me to say?! Just about me. I cannot say what is like for you guys, just know about myself and how I myself see all that issue.

When I read "be patience",  "keep hitting refresh buttom" or "I am premium since day 1 and didnt get my home too", all I see are people trying to give some comforting, what is awesome, but also a bit of condescending with LL. Cause I want to believe that someone of LL team reads the forums. I would say that reading the forums and blogs and flickr and facebook and all social media with SL community should be a LL job..... not mine.... We cannot forget that LL is a business, is a company all premiums members pays for. I as a member (not premium anymore btw) didnt signed up to follow posts; when I made my account, was no writting, big letters or little bottom letters that I had to follow nothing to have the premium things. When LL gives xmas gifts or whatever, they send emails. At login screen, not dashboard, the login screen is plenty of informations. So why they did not broadcast it sending emails or setting that information on login screen?! I'm afraid the answering is quite simple... cause there was no enough houses for everyone! So... why release them? To please just the (no offense) refresh buttom hitters?! Isnt it selective in a sort of way?! LL is global, so as a global company dealing with all time zones, and willing to be fair with all members, why not wait to release them all only when they have at least the same number of houses of the existing premium members?! I read someone that wrote "why waiting?" To be fair with all who pays the same you do, maybes?! Cause as a matter of feelings, it socks to see people blogging their awesome new LL houses decorations when you that pays the same have to wait for God knows when... When you have the time to stop your rl life to be 24 available to hit a buttom? Is it fair?!

I knew about the new LL houses cause I saw a photo at  flickr. I went inworld to see the Apple Fall showroom LL house, run to my dashboard and saw at news "new lindens homes" and was like omagah! Imediatelly did my premium account again but... "where's the Bellissseria?, I only see the same old ones"! Thats why I started digging about and ended up reading here "they were gone in 2 days"! So why they didnt write that on the dashboard? "New houses sold out!" I would wait for more. But no. So no, I dont want to be"patience" or "keep hitting the refresh buttom". If they are selling something, they must deliver it as sold. Simple as that. It was no written that I had to blood sweat and tears (love the band lol) to get the new house. For those who did, congratulations but you shouldnt had to, it is not right for no one. That first served theory is a good theory for several situations but it doesn not applies here. Specially when not clear at the sign up. I saw comparisons with Iphone releases. Well, new iphones, you pay for it! Every single new iphone, if you want one, you sleep at the line to get yours but you pay for it. Not the same here. It is a service what you pay for here and that service you pay for comes with the described benefits, period. Is more like you sign Netflix to see GOT as advertised and when the episode world wide begin, you end up with a black screem cause there are too many people in the world to see it all at once! lol Thats why I do think they should had wait until theres room for everybody. Now that ship is sailing and frankly I dont see much more to do unless crying and complaining, the houseboat last released was full of the same mistakes that the first houses wave. And no, that LL talking "we didnt see it coming", I dont buy it.... We all know that housing is a trend in SL nowadays. For years we lived happily at sandboxes, plataforms, we just didnt care. Times now are very different. The number of themed residentials lands, carefully landscaped and decorated just grow and grow. So no, I dont buy that.

So sorry for complain like many did here, but I had to put it out of my chest... I did cancelled my premium account, got a refund and am waiting hoping something changes that really benefits us all!

Thank you all for reading all this. :)

That's why I think they should wait until there is room for everyone.
Look, I'm not going to comment any more, you were perfect! 
And see our difficulty in playing second life, here in my country ("that the dollar is 4.02 Brazilian Real") .. that is, we have to pay "4x" in comparison to the American of course it is not our people's responsibility to be well below, I just say that a Brazilian when playing second life is why he likes second life "), so it's not fair for you to pay a premium and receive half, it's not fair with anyone. They should open these second houses only when all the prize they would have the same houses, that would avoid all this created feeling.Now you ask in the air is, will somehow provide compensation to those who have been homeless? ..I do not think so.
or where it is the value of the users, and second life has arrived where it is because of its users being prize or not prize many contribute much with their creations and time played, therefore what reason to play second life, for me is the people have friends and if these friends give up playing?

Edited by alexandro Patrucci
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bela Tolsen said:

And no, that LL talking "we didnt see it coming"

I have no idea about marketing here. It's just my hobby to look around. What the moles have built is huge and I thought it would take at least a few days to colonize. The onslaught was so great that I did not get a house myself. A tsunami is a joke against it. But I have seen many houses as cafes or bars and the owners would certainly be happy about visitors. I have seen many houses with Rezz possibility and hospitality. Somehow one has the feeling of belonging to the community, even without residential property. Everyone is welcome and I give away two cars.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, alexandro Patrucci said:

And see our difficulty in playing second life, here in my country ("that the dollar is 4.02 Brazilian Real") .. that is, we have to pay "4x" in comparison to the American

Like I said, LL deals with all time zones, therefore all dolar prices, so I dont think they will care about that... For us brazillians is really harder to pay for a dollar membership than americans,  easier than paraguayans, but a closest lisbon friend of mine, meaning "euros" lol, share the same vision of what we pay for and what is really delivered (and how).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

The new continent was far more successful than anyone anticipated.

Anyone whom?! Are you a Linden? Let's talk! :)

1 hour ago, animats said:

Patience. Another section just opened yesterday. More to come.

Opened and sold out! More to come, when? You are def a Linden! Let's talk! :)

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.