Crashes on TPs fixed yet?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not having a lot of problems either, but I do have a really good internet connection. My friend though, who has a fairly lousy one crashes all the time when TPing, while in the past she did not. Maybe somehow TPing is messed up making it cost more bandwidth or timing out to fast?

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I TP'd to a total of 17 Linden homes, across 4 different alt accounts, in about an hour or so last night and never encountered a single TP failure during that time.

Funny... I had a great day all day yesterday myself and didn't really notice - both TPs and border-crossings. Amazing how when the pain is gone we just don't think about it much.

24 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I'm not having a lot of problems either, but I do have a really good internet connection. My friend though, who has a fairly lousy one crashes all the time when TPing, while in the past she did not. Maybe somehow TPing is messed up making it cost more bandwidth or timing out to fast?

It's definitely some kind of time-out issue, though I know only enough to be really dangerous, it seems to be in the hand-off from one simulator to another simulator - the handing-off region think you;ve been handed-off before the receiving region knows you're coming (OR that the receiving region isn't sending the confirmation fast enough). But yesterday was a good day for me.

24 minutes ago, SoniaVileva said:

Have anyone received any updates since the problem was officially posted on April 8 ?

Posted 8 days ago. Apr 08, 2019 - 16:05 PDT

if you subscribed to the post and didn't get updates, and also didn't see updates at the post itself ... you think there were updates to mention?...

• Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, Ethan Paslong said:

if you subscribed to the post and didn't get updates, and also didn't see updates at the post itself ... you think there were updates to mention?...

Well, it could be a bug of the subscription program or something I didn't do, because I find it very unusual not to have any updates since April 8, not a single one update, as the event affected so many people. So I assume it must be me who did something wrong not having to receive those updates.   So you have not received any updates neither ?

She'n'me went out for a sail and then a flight over the Blakes for an hour last evening (7:30-8:30pm GMT+1), and we had zero issues.  Before the fix went in we were having one of us dumped out of SL every 3-5 sim crossings - two-person vehicles seem to be one of the worst conditions.

It is my belief that the clever-cloggs at LL have made a load of progress.  But it's not a statistically viable sample yet.

On my end, the situation has rather become worse. Looking at yesterday, for example, pretty much every third teleport failed in its early stages and forced a logout, no matter what account I was on. Roughly the same chances for a friend and her two accounts. 

Previously, I had next to 0 encounters wit that bug.

I get them every four or five teleports. Drives me mad because my avatar always resets to the last thing that I was wearing when I logged in the first time. So far it hasn’t been happening as often but it’ll happen every now and then.

I had 4 teleport timeouts and disconnects in a row earlier today, around 10pm SLT.  I was trying to go to my new houseboat premium parcel, from my private island home.  At the time I was using Singularity Build 7503.  I waited for the forced disconnect each time.  Finally I gave up and took a break.  Twenty mins later I relogged back in on Firestorm 6.0.2, and TPed there normally.  Tried to go back and forth and no failures.  But the same Singularity Build usually TPs fine.  It seems to be more of a network path timing issue, between the various servers.

I been TPing around more on this account than my main one lately, so I see more failures with this one.  The problem is certainly not fixed, just erratic.  Next time I get a singularity fail, I will try another avatar on both Singularity  and Firestorm right away, going from my same home region to my Premium home, just to be consistent, and see what fails then.

Once I have a failure to the same destination, it persists, until I change viewers or take a break - suggesting it is path and time related to me.  But NOT necessarily during busy times. 

I never recall having a failure TPing around different parcels on the same region, or connected nearby regions, btw.  But I have had many failures from my mainland shop parcel to the Premium continent.  My mainland region parcel ( a skybox shop) is nearly deserted.  I am the only one there in the middle of nowhere, and Spare times run around 19 ms out of 22ms.

Edited by ShamuO77

On 4/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Grid Status page was updated today (https://status.secondlifegrid.net/)

image.png.cf88e94aecae2692accfbdd35c20b692.png

Thank you. I also confirmed that as of today, I have no more TP crashes, I can TP to where ever I like, as many times as I like. No crashes. I even can keep my hair as I arrive. All is working for me. I am very happy. Thanks to all who has helped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.