Make Ungren Voice Again (MUVA)

Robbinns

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Ungren safe hub is the only one with good shopping. So people go there.

(It also has some huge ad boards which seem to be abandoned. There are ads for sims that went out of business a year ago.)

Edited by animats

• 1 year later...

Hmm....  I am going to throw a guess in here.  I will guess that Linden Lab had multiple inputs in the decision making that resulted in shutting off spatial voice chat on many of Linden Lab's parcels.  The inability to manage abuse committed via voice chat, as mentioned above, seems like it would be a very likely one.  My guess I want to add is Linden Lab found paying a third party for voice chat service in areas where there is no resident investment was not financially sound.  I know, it sounds weak, but that's what I have to add.

5 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Hmm....  I am going to throw a guess in here.  I will guess that Linden Lab had multiple inputs in the decision making that resulted in shutting off spatial voice chat on many of Linden Lab's parcels.  The inability to manage abuse committed via voice chat, as mentioned above, seems like it would be a very likely one.  My guess I want to add is Linden Lab found paying a third party for voice chat service in areas where there is no resident investment was not financially sound.  I know, it sounds weak, but that's what I have to add.

Why not both?

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Why not both?

Heh, sure.  There were probably at least 9 inputs into that decision, but the ones that feature recurring expenses seem to get the most attention from management.  And don't forget, support and governance are not generally considered productive workloads when one is tallying cash flow.  For example, there was once a parcel option that people often misunderstood that resulted in many support cases when land owners left it on and somebody else took advantage of it.  End result?  That option was removed.

5 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Heh, sure.  There were probably at least 9 inputs into that decision, but the ones that feature recurring expenses seem to get the most attention from management.  And don't forget, support and governance are not generally considered productive workloads when one is tallying cash flow.  For example, there was once a parcel option that people often misunderstood that resulted in many support cases when land owners left it on and somebody else took advantage of it.  End result?  That option was removed.

I'm not forgetting anything. I'm simply pointing out there are a number of reasons for the change, many of which will be financially influenced, not just a single reason.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:24 AM, Robbinns said:

can the voice be opened on the Ungren 'safe hub' again, would be awesome. it has been around forever and now is closed. Let us do it (MUVA)

most hubs i wouldn't even send my dead dog to... horrible places full with lunatics, griefers, and more of that stuff. The horror everytime you end there during restarts ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.