Does LL ban?

Gabryel Nyoki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yes, after being 9 years in SecondLife me and hundreds of people reported a whole lot of people, trolls, griefers, hackers, etc.

0 has been done, in fact, they are still laughing and claiming they "own" Secondlife :) I don't know of any report that has actually worked...

Do you know someone who Ll has banned? and why? and how long it took? And did they make another account and come back doing the same?

because 1000 reports over years, report abuse function, tickets, support chat, phone calls, worked 0 in 9 years.

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

Every spam bot & debit perms scam account I've ever ARd has been banhammered very quickly.

Make sure you are filing your ARs in a ways that Governance can act on: https://modemworld.me/2017/03/24/raising-abuse-reports-in-second-life/

Governance also hold a user group every 2 weeks if you have questions: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Governance_User_Group

• Like 6

I am aware of two accounts being banished.

One for suspected credit card fraud and another for age playing. The age player kept coming back under different user names but was eventually found out and banned again. This was from close to three years ago but shows that LL will send someone to the curb if actions warrant it. Naturally I will not name those who were banned, this is not a proper forum for that.

All I can add is if you AR someone, follow the instructions to the "T". "I find that disturbing and I AR'ed you" doesn't quite cut it. If the offense is really bad (not talking disagreements between residents) then be articulate and factual in your AR. Provide screen grabs if possible. No embellishing. LL has access to chat logs. After you submit then move on. In time someone will be caught and booted.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2019 at 7:51 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Every spam bot & debit perms scam account I've ever ARd has been banhammered very quickly.

Make sure you are filing your ARs in a ways that Governance can act on: https://modemworld.me/2017/03/24/raising-abuse-reports-in-second-life/

Governance also hold a user group every 2 weeks if you have questions: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Governance_User_Group

I just reported one of those spam things from a store (again) that when you go there you stay on a list that they divide in several objects owned by several avatars, and spam everyone with them.

nothing has been done, I get the spam all the time since over a year... I think that you THINK whoevery ou reported they got banned, because you were told by front support that someone was dealt with but no details are given. But in the end... i am still spammed and no way to unsubscribe or block.

2 hours ago, Gabryel Nyoki said:

i am still spammed and no way to unsubscribe or block.

Whenever you receive a message from an object, the message will tell you the *name of the object* give a SLURL where it is *located* and the *name of who owns it*. THAT is the person you block.

This information (Object name, SLURL, and Owner Name" also come through in Offline messages. If these messages are coming through in Chat (a.k.a. "open chat") - then click the Object name in the chat to get its profile, there you will find the name of the owner (and whose name should be blocked).

Done.

EDIT to add: Even if it is 2000 avatars accounts it's still no biggie. Just ban as the messages come in. If you received 2000 messages all at once, then you would have a ToS complaint for griefing. Being auto-subscribed to a list is not against ToS, unscrupulous creator, perhaps, but not against ToS.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabryel Nyoki said:

Yes, after being 9 years in SecondLife me and hundreds of people reported a whole lot of people, trolls, griefers, hackers, etc.

0 has been done, in fact, they are still laughing and claiming they "own" Secondlife :) I don't know of any report that has actually worked...

Do you know someone who Ll has banned? and why? and how long it took? And did they make another account and come back doing the same?

because 1000 reports over years, report abuse function, tickets, support chat, phone calls, worked 0 in 9 years.

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

Disclosure

Sharing personal information about other users, either directly or indirectly, without their consent—including, but not limited to, gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual orientation, alternate account names (including account statuses, such as whether it is on hold, suspended, or active), and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their user profile—is not allowed. Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Gabryel Nyoki said:

So I am right? noone can show me anyone banned...

So we're just wasting our time filling reports for them to say "We can't tell you what we did".

I'll check back on this post to see if someone else has anything... but my hopes are gone.

Nobody's gonna be a martyr for you and possibly get banned by giving you a list of people who have been banned and what for.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gabryel Nyoki said:

For the most part, all of your questions have been asked and answered (Yes...yes...what was the offense?...yes). As for "how long it took", I would venture to ask what level of severity are we talking about? Is it a full blown griefing attack or maybe a dispute between residents (LL will wisely stay out of those)?

You are asking for a "one size fits all" answer to a question with a number of variables.

Bottom line is LL will ban for serious violations to ToS. Now, will it be on your timeline, that depends on the completeness of the AR, for one. Should they divulge the end result with the complainant? That would require someone to sit at a desk and answer EVERY AR submitted (which covers from really trivial to some that could potentially involve local law enforcement action), which BTW is cost effective in hours and labor. If you are getting griefed in some manner, stop responding to what the griefer is doing. Find another hangout if need be. FILE a COMPLETE AR.

Allow me to reiterate "LL will ban ToS offenders".

Then just move on.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, Gabryel Nyoki said:

Yes, after being 9 years in SecondLife me and hundreds of people reported a whole lot of people, trolls, griefers, hackers, etc...
...because 1000 reports over years, report abuse function, tickets, support chat, phone calls, worked 0 in 9 years.

You know hundreds of people who reported thousands of trolls and griefers? 🙄
May i ask what you use SL for?

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Gabryel Nyoki said:

So I am right? noone can show me anyone banned...

So we're just wasting our time filling reports for them to say "We can't tell you what we did".

I'll check back on this post to see if someone else has anything... but my hopes are gone.

OK... everyone is being nice to the slow guy... and pointing out the obvious posts he didn't (couldn't?) read isn't going to help. If he doesn't show at the Governance meeting then it is obvious this isn't a realistic complaint. He either wants to be upset or he is trolling. 🤡

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

OK... everyone is being nice to the slow guy... and pointing out the obvious posts he didn't (couldn't?) read isn't going to help. If he doesn't show at the Governance meeting then it is obvious this isn't a realistic complaint. He either wants to be upset or he is trolling. 🤡

I've been with them on the phone many times, i probably know more Lindens and Sansars than you do. and some of the people I am talking about are still out there and never ever got banned and they have over 2000 avatars.

Who do you think you're insulting? :)  Have some manners and don't be over yourself, I am not talking about some kid insulting another like you are doing. Talking about some real deal things that should be dealt with.

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.